Who will stop this Dublin team from 4, 5, 6 or more in a row?

Started by Muck Savage, September 19, 2017, 09:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Quote from: Syferus on September 22, 2017, 07:05:19 PM
Quote from: galwayman on September 22, 2017, 06:26:49 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 22, 2017, 06:17:58 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 22, 2017, 05:58:59 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 22, 2017, 05:30:20 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 22, 2017, 05:18:19 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 22, 2017, 05:02:00 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 22, 2017, 02:28:54 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 22, 2017, 12:05:36 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 21, 2017, 07:29:09 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 20, 2017, 11:45:39 PM
Home advantage counts in every sport. To think different contravenes every known published article on it. Croke Park is a massive advantage to Dublin and that shouldn't be even up for debate.
Sure but what % difference does it make? GAA has different fan dynamics to soccer. Maybe they can't be compared.

Also this Dub team looks very like Cody pomp Kilkenny.  Will Kildare be ready for the fall or can we expect more of the battered wife commentary indefinitely?

In soccer it's worth 0.6 of a goal.
In NFL is 2.8 points.
In AFL it's 7 points.
In NBA it's 2.33 points
In Super Rugby it's worth 5 & 10 points if International Travel involved.

So based on the above I would say Croke is worth 2/3 points to Dublin, enough to win 4 All-Irelands by a point...

As for a Kildare being a battered wife, a bit of a crude analogy do you not think? It's not the physical beatings it's the lack of support from outside the province and indeed the narrative that Leinster is sh*t and Meath/Kildare must do better that's probably done more harm as people just ignored the evidence to the contrary until now.
Maybe it is but I would assocate  Kildare fans with insight and the odd whine. Poor Kildare. Woe is Kildare. 
All great teams die eventually. Kildare should be thinking ahead .And Kildare are ahead of the rest of Leinster.

Who is going to change the system?  You need to be organised to do that.

You could look at the hurling experience in  Galway. We got hammered numerous times by Kilkenny. Some of them were dreadful. There were some awful managers as well. Ger Loughnane.
But the people involved never gave up. They broke with the old system in 2011 and went for youth . Could have won the final in 2012 but didn't have the experience. Kept at it. And then Kilkenny imploded. And who was left standing ?

That must be one of the greatest pieces of Rubbish written on this board!

+1

The ultimate seal of approval from someone who'd know.

Someone still hasn't gotten over the flaking, I see. I suppose it's commendable because most Galway supporters have forgotten football and hurling even exist by now.. :'(

Jaysus Chrisht Syf

You need to spend some time outside your own primrose coloured hole once in a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqVxNJx0EDw
Seriously lads just ignore the troll.
Absolute imbecile

Leave Seafoid alone and learn some manners.
Learn some manners is it? 😂😂
Condescending p***k.
Do you actually realise how embarrassing you are on this board?
You talk a great game but I'd wager you wouldn't make a poor junior C team yourself for all your bluster.
Lie down like a good ladeen.

seafoid

Syferus and the purity of losing. A conference will take place at Athlone IT in the Clan na nGael Suite.

Featuring

Beating Mayo is better than losing in the next round to Antrim
Why Galway has lost its soul
Getting sucked into the Sligo vortex: practical considerations
Why the 1980 team tore the arse out of it. They nearly won.
Schadenfreude in Castleplunket: a new song by Percy French
I would rather Mayo lose than Roscommon get to the semis :A psychological view
Ballaghadereen and the Serbs in Kosovo : a parallel study by Declan Óg Dusic
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: galwayman on September 22, 2017, 07:32:03 PM
Home advantage counts in every sport. To think different contravenes every known published article on it. Croke Park is a massive advantage to Dublin and that shouldn't be even up for debate.
Sure but what % difference does it make? GAA has different fan dynamics to soccer. Maybe they can't be compared.

Also this Dub team looks very like Cody pomp Kilkenny.  Will Kildare be ready for the fall or can we expect more of the battered wife commentary indefinitely?

In NFL is 2.8 points.
In AFL it's 7 points.
In NBA it's 2.33 points

So based on the above I would say Croke is worth 2/3 points to Dublin, enough to win 4 All-Irelands by a point...

As for a Kildare being a battered wife, a bit of a crude analogy do you not think? It's not the physical beatings it's the lack of support from outside the province and indeed the narrative that Leinster is sh*t and Meath/Kildare must do better that's probably done more harm as people just ignored the evidence to the contrary until now.
Maybe it is but I would assocate  Kildare fans with insight and the odd whine. Poor Kildare. Woe is Kildare. 
All great teams die eventually. Kildare should be thinking ahead .And Kildare are ahead of the rest of Leinster.

You could look at the hurling experience in  Galway. We got hammered numerous times by Kilkenny. Some of them were dreadful. There were some awful managers as well. Ger Loughnane.
But the people involved never gave up. They broke with the old system in 2011 and went for youth . Could have won the final in 2012 but didn't have the experience. Kept at it. And then Kilkenny imploded. And who was left standing ?

+1

Someone still hasn't gotten over the flaking, I see. I suppose it's commendable because most Galway supporters have forgotten football and hurling even exist by now.. :'(

Jaysus Chrisht Syf

You need to spend some time outside your own primrose coloured hole once in a while

Absolute imbecile

Condescending p***k.
You talk a great game but I'd wager you wouldn't make a poor junior C team yourself for all your bluster.

It's ironic that you talk about embarrassment as you post the sort of nonsense that would make a schoolyard bully blush.

Talking tough on the internet never fails to make me laugh - people like you seem to hit some sort of psychotic break when presented with a keyboard because there is literally no way you could function in society acting like you do on here.

galwayman

Quote from: Syferus on September 22, 2017, 07:45:58 PM
Quote from: galwayman on September 22, 2017, 07:32:03 PM

In NFL is 2.8 points.
In AFL it's 7 points.
In NBA it's 2.33 points

+1

Jaysus Chrisht Syf

Absolute imbecile

Condescending p***k.

It's ironic that you talk about embarrassment as you post the sort of nonsense that would make a schoolyard bully blush.

Talking tough on the internet never fails to make me laugh - people like you seem to hit some sort of psychotic break when presented with a keyboard because there is literally no way you could function in society acting like you do on here.
😂😂 blah blah blah the usual.

Lar Naparka

In NFL is 2.8 points.
In AFL it's 7 points.
In NBA it's 2.33 points

+1

Bejaysus, I was thinking the same thing!
You beat me to it.  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

From the Bunker

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 22, 2017, 10:26:12 PM

In NFL is 2.8 points.
In AFL it's 7 points.
In NBA it's 2.33 points

+1

You beat me to it.  ;D

Really, the solution is to keep plugging and wait for this Dublin team to fade? Next you'll be tell counties like Leitrim to get their house in  order like Uncle Peter.

I tell you one thing that is fading - interest in Intercounty Gaelic football.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 23, 2017, 12:09:07 AM

In NFL is 2.8 points.
In AFL it's 7 points.
In NBA it's 2.33 points

+1

You beat me to it.  ;D

Really, the solution is to keep plugging and wait for this Dublin team to fade? Next you'll be tell counties like Leitrim to get their house in  order like Uncle Peter.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait until social and economic changes taking places are reversed before that happens and I can't see that happening ever.
Simon Coveney in a Newstalk interview said that 40% of the republic's population live in the greater Dublin area and the % of the population will reach 50% by 2040.
He said that 50% of the nation's resources are located in the Dublin area also.
I'd say those who drew up Dublin's Blue Wave blueprint were on the button when they said the aim was to win 3 out of 5. The GAA active members are shrinking in Mayo and other western counties all the time.
THe 2016 census showed modest increases in all counties bar Mayo but don't let that fool you. The flood of non-nationals moving into all parts of Ireland during the period 2011-2016 brought up the figures and masked the drop of in the native populations of those counties. Dublin grows bigger and stronger while the western seaboard is losing ground all the time and the GAA membership reflects this in both instances, rural downwards and urban upwards.
Dublin has a steady stream of emerging youngsters coming through so there will always fierce competition for places so don't wait for the Dubs to slacken off any year.
That's why Dublin can't be compared with Kerry of the 70s/80s under Micko or Kilkenny under Cody.
When Kerry's great run ended in 1986, it took another 11 years before they won another AI. Micko effectively got the sack as he hadn't readymade quality players  to replace the likes of Liston, Sheehy. Spillane etc.
He had kept his winning team together as long as possible but that prevented younger players getting through. Same goes for Cody, knocked out two years running and hurling folk tell me it will be at least two more before Kilkenny will be a serious force again.
Isn't Rochford in the same boat? Win or lose next year, Mayo won't be going places in 2019 or for a few years after.
Dublin just doesn't have this problem.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 23, 2017, 01:27:38 PM

In NFL is 2.8 points.
In AFL it's 7 points.
In NBA it's 2.33 points

+1

You beat me to it.  ;D

I'm afraid you'll have to wait until social and economic changes taking places are reversed before that happens and I can't see that happening ever.
Simon Coveney in a Newstalk interview said that 40% of the republic's population live in the greater Dublin area and the % of the population will reach 50% by 2040.
I'd say those who drew up Dublin's Blue Wave blueprint were on the button when they said the aim was to win 3 out of 5. The GAA active members are shrinking in Mayo and other western counties all the time.
THe 2016 census showed modest increases in all counties bar Mayo but don't let that fool you. The flood of non-nationals moving into all parts of Ireland during the period 2011-2016 brought up the figures and masked the drop of in the native populations of those counties. Dublin grows bigger and stronger while the western seaboard is losing ground all the time and the GAA membership reflects this in both instances, rural downwards and urban upwards.
Dublin has a steady stream of emerging youngsters coming through so there will always fierce competition for places so don't wait for the Dubs to slacken off any year.
That's why Dublin can't be compared with Kerry of the 70s/80s under Micko or Kilkenny under Cody.
When Kerry's great run ended in 1986, it took another 11 years before they won another AI. Micko effectively got the sack as he hadn't readymade quality players  to replace the likes of Liston, Sheehy. Spillane etc.
He had kept his winning team together as long as possible but that prevented younger players getting through. Same goes for Cody, knocked out two years running and hurling folk tell me it will be at least two more before Kilkenny will be a serious force again.
Isn't Rochford in the same boat? Win or lose next year, Mayo won't be going places in 2019 or for a few years after.
did you just compare this Mayo team to Cody's Kilkenny team or Micko's Kerry team?
Ha!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Tut, tut... you mean non-Irish nationals surely? Or are you stating that these individuals are nationals of nowhere? :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lar Naparka

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on September 23, 2017, 01:35:15 PM

In NFL is 2.8 points.
In AFL it's 7 points.
In NBA it's 2.33 points

+1

You beat me to it.  ;D

did you just compare this Mayo team to Cody's Kilkenny team or Micko's Kerry team?
Ha!
I most definitely did not, so ha to you.
Anything I posted, I'll stand over as I am dealing in facts, not prejudices.
Mayo didn't figure in anything I wrote, except a mention under statistical figures.
Geez, I used to think you were one of the sane members of this board . ;D

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 23, 2017, 02:09:43 PM

Tut, tut... you mean non-Irish nationals surely? Or are you stating that these individuals are nationals of nowhere? :P
Fear, you are having a really sloooow day!
You should know that in common parlance, the term I used means what I meant it to mean, if you know what I mean.
Most of us are bright enough to know that those non Irish nationals are natives of some country and it's tautology to emphasise that fact.

Rossfan

No one commenting on the real points Lar made.
2040 - Dublin 1.5m, Kildare 350k Wicklow 250k Meath 300k.
3m in the rest (22) of the 26
1m (Nat) in the 6.
What will the GAA do?

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 23, 2017, 04:33:17 PM
No one commenting on the real points Lar made.
2040 - Dublin 1.5m, Kildare 350k Wicklow 250k Meath 300k.
3m in the rest (22) of the 26
1m (Nat) in the 6.
What will the GAA do?

Die, if it doesn't change.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 23, 2017, 04:20:02 PM

You should know that in common parlance, the term I used means what I meant it to mean, if you know what I mean.
Most of us are bright enough to know that those non Irish nationals are natives of some country and it's tautology to emphasise that fact.

I hear you Lar, loud and clear, however this non-national is a lazy negative term that sickens my hole: why not something positive like overseas national? In these xenophobically febrile times there are too many boneheads just chomping at the racist bit to denigrate our fellow travellers with anything that denotes a substandard status, we should not indulge!

And tough, tough luck on Sunday last a chara ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 23, 2017, 07:08:41 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 23, 2017, 04:20:02 PM

I hear you Lar, loud and clear, however this non-national is a lazy negative term that sickens my hole: why not something positive like overseas national? In these xenophobically febrile times there are too many boneheads just chomping at the racist bit to denigrate our fellow travellers with anything that denotes a substandard status, we should not indulge!

And tough, tough luck on Sunday last a chara ;)
Anyone eligible for a passport is a national.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU