Author Topic: Derry Club Football & Hurling  (Read 561794 times)

braveheart

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club Football & Hurling
« Reply #2565 on: March 15, 2019, 08:13:37 PM »
Big crowd expected in Celtic park this weekend? If it's a good day i'm hopeful there might be 500.

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: March 15, 2019, 08:16:08 PM »
Shows how much i am paying attention. Thought it was Owenbeg.

ONEDerry

• View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: March 15, 2019, 09:27:02 PM »
Big crowd expected in Celtic park this weekend? If it's a good day i'm hopeful there might be 500.

Be interesting to see if Leitrim supporters  out number Derry.  Leitrim people  might be willing to travel in decent numbers for at least two hours to support their country. Will Derry people travel 30 minutes to one hour or take their so called principled stance because itís not in their backyard.  More bull shit excuses from people no doubt.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: March 15, 2019, 11:30:48 PM »

Be interesting to see if Leitrim supporters  out number Derry.  Leitrim people  might be willing to travel in decent numbers for at least two hours to support their country. Will Derry people travel 30 minutes to one hour or take their so called principled stance because itís not in their backyard.  More bull shit excuses from people no doubt.
How many Leitrim supporters are you expecting?

Glenman93

• View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: March 16, 2019, 12:31:40 AM »
Shows how much i am paying attention. Thought it was Owenbeg.

I think the supporters who travelled to Waterford or Limerick should get free entry to Croke Park. County board pay for them to say thank you.

ONEDerry

• View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: March 16, 2019, 08:51:44 AM »

Weíll find that out this evening but they did have near to 4000 in Carrick-on-Shannon for the last game. The smallest county in Ireland will no doubt out number the great gaels of Derry in a couple of weeks time in Croke pk. The same people who will whinge about the dedication and commitment of players and others cannot get off their arses to support their county even when it is on their back door or God forbid up to an hour away. 

braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: March 16, 2019, 07:17:02 PM »
323 people paid in to Celtic park today,8 dogs and 1 cat were Also seen running around but as they didn't pay they aren't included in the final total. Isn't it great that we have A City man involved in our County team. At last,we have something to show for all the money and effort we've spent in that area. Long may it continue. We now need to focus on getting some quality from the rest of North Derry

Sheugh Water

• View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: March 16, 2019, 08:48:37 PM »
323 people paid in to Celtic park today,8 dogs and 1 cat were Also seen running around but as they didn't pay they aren't included in the final total. Isn't it great that we have A City man involved in our County team. At last,we have something to show for all the money and effort we've spent in that area. Long may it continue. We now need to focus on getting some quality from the rest of North Derry

Id say they were all city people there today

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: March 16, 2019, 09:53:17 PM »
1700 at it u crying f**ks!

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: March 16, 2019, 09:55:46 PM »
1 thing I did notice. I don't think there was a North Derry man named on the 26 man panel today .Surely that's strange.

braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: March 16, 2019, 11:22:55 PM »
1 thing I did notice. I don't think there was a North Derry man named on the 26 man panel today .Surely that's strange.
No.

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: March 16, 2019, 11:43:34 PM »
Fairly laboured and slow 1st half, Leitrim much more economical in possession. The introduction of Paudi Tad really lifted the performance in the 2nd.
Shane McGuigan is a serious footballer (toss up with Rogers for motm) Himself and Sammy must have hit 2-10 between them. Quinn has had a great start to his 1st season with the seniors. Bar Mckaigue and Lynn, it was a very young starting 15. McEvoy got through a serious amount of work.
10 or so up we should have went for the jugular but sat off, the driving runs dried up for a 10 min spell and allowed Leitrim to bring it back to 5 I think at a stage. 6 out of 6 and the final in a couple of weeks, fair play to the players and management team.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: March 17, 2019, 12:52:11 AM »

Weíll find that out this evening but they did have near to 4000 in Carrick-on-Shannon for the last game. The smallest county in Ireland will no doubt out number the great gaels of Derry in a couple of weeks time in Croke pk. The same people who will whinge about the dedication and commitment of players and others cannot get off their arses to support their county even when it is on their back door or God forbid up to an hour away.
So, how many?  "The smallest county in Ireland" - are you referring to Leitrim?

ONEDerry

• View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: March 17, 2019, 09:24:30 AM »

So, how many?  "The smallest county in Ireland" - are you referring to Leitrim?

Didn't count them all but a few hundred anyway.  Aye that's Leitrim.

Sheugh Water

• View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: March 17, 2019, 10:57:26 AM »
1700 at it u crying f**ks!

Thats good, more than Glen or close to it anyhow,