Author Topic: Derry Club Football & Hurling  (Read 636640 times)

JoG2

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club Football & Hurling
« Reply #2340 on: January 10, 2019, 09:41:22 PM »
Another win and game time for those getting up to speed. Must say the players look very well conditioned.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: January 10, 2019, 10:54:30 PM »
A canter v UU "B" team.  Conditioning will be truly tested in the Ulster Championship.

people1st

• View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: January 11, 2019, 11:08:32 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I am posting in the hope you may be able to repost/share/distribute the flyer on the link below with any clubs.
The flyer details of employment/apprenticeship opportunities in the derry/dungiven area. Ideal for a young person looking to gain employment & experience and a free Level 2 qualification in construction.
Please contact if you need any other information, thanks. s.larkin@people-1st.co.uk.
Link for Construction flyer; https://www.facebook.com/daniel.carlin.792/posts/2140099752714862
https://www.facebook.com/people1stNI/posts/2090101244381094

tonesfirstandlast

• View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: January 12, 2019, 02:26:12 PM »
Congratulations to two of our greatest Stalwarts, Chris Brown and Laurence Diamond who were added to the Gaelic Lifeís Hall of Fame last night. Two men who have worked diligently for the club over five decades at all levels but never sought any credit.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: January 12, 2019, 03:41:26 PM »
Congratulations to two of our greatest Stalwarts, Chris Brown and Laurence Diamond who were added to the Gaelic Lifeís Hall of Fame last night. Two men who have worked diligently for the club over five decades at all levels but never sought any credit.
Very true.

BackInTheGame

• View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: January 13, 2019, 06:01:57 PM »
Plenty of positives to take from that performance I think. The full back line was really solid, that's obviously without Rogers too.

I'm not a fan of either the fist pass rule or the mark, it has to be said.

markl121

• View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: January 13, 2019, 06:18:44 PM »
Didnít get to todayís game. I see sammy scored a few frees again would like to see him start in the league. What were the kickouts like? Was there a strategy against a better team?

BackInTheGame

• View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: January 13, 2019, 10:56:57 PM »
Didnít get to todayís game. I see sammy scored a few frees again would like to see him start in the league. What were the kickouts like? Was there a strategy against a better team?
I don't really have any memories of the kickouts - they weren't amazing but they weren't bad either. With Cassidy and Dougan playing as wing half forwards, they give us a good option. But Tyrone are physically a fair bit bigger than us and we didn't really have a chance to exploit any advantage that those two will give us against shorter half backs.

I'm hoping Odhran Lynch will be the starting goalkeeper in a fortnight's time. Mallon is a pretty good keeper but I just think he's bit too small for this level. There was one point in the second half where he got a fist to the ball to help it over the bar - I think Lynch makes a good effort at catching that. And his kickouts are longer.

Derry Optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: January 14, 2019, 08:15:03 PM »
After Derry's much improved displays this season there should be some very healthy competition for places for the opening league match against Antrim.It is important, however, for management to always put out a very strong side in each of the league games as we can not afford any slip ups. I would expect that the u20 players would not be considered for the League  games except in an emergency situation.Assuming that Brendan Rogers,Paul McNeill and Ryan Bell will not be fully fit, I would suggest the following team to be picked against the Glensmen.
                                                 B McKinless
N Keenan                                  C Mulholland                        K McKaigue
M McEvoy                                   C McKaigue                          E McGill
                                  C McAtamney            C McFaul
P Coney                                     C Bradley                            P Cassidy
E Lynn                                        E Bradley                            S McGuigan
Subs
T Mallon
E Concannon
S Quinn
R Dougan
G McKinless
J Rocks
D Hughes
T O'Brien
J Doherty
N Toner

braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: January 15, 2019, 07:48:45 PM »
After Derry's much improved displays this season there should be some very healthy competition for places for the opening league match against Antrim.It is important, however, for management to always put out a very strong side in each of the league games as we can not afford any slip ups. I would expect that the u20 players would not be considered for the League  games except in an emergency situation.Assuming that Brendan Rogers,Paul McNeill and Ryan Bell will not be fully fit, I would suggest the following team to be picked against the Glensmen.
                                                 B McKinless
N Keenan                                  C Mulholland                        K McKaigue
M McEvoy                                   C McKaigue                          E McGill
                                  C McAtamney            C McFaul
P Coney                                     C Bradley                            P Cassidy
E Lynn                                        E Bradley                            S McGuigan
Subs
T Mallon
E Concannon
S Quinn
R Dougan
G McKinless
J Rocks
D Hughes
T O'Brien
J Doherty
N Toner
A much better effort than usual Optimist. But still at least 4 wrong.

Derry Optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: January 15, 2019, 09:53:30 PM »
Which four would you replace Braveheart?!

BackInTheGame

• View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: January 15, 2019, 10:12:29 PM »
Concannon has to start on form, surely? In fact Sean Quinn would be unlucky to be dropped too.  Might mean putting Karl in the half backs and trying Chrissy in midfield again. But I know damn all tbf

Oh aye, Odhran Lynch should start too.

howlongref

• View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: January 15, 2019, 10:46:38 PM »
Concannon has to start on form, surely? In fact Sean Quinn would be unlucky to be dropped too.  Might mean putting Karl in the half backs and trying Chrissy in midfield again. But I know damn all tbf

Oh aye, Odhran Lynch should start too.
I was at the game and would agree concannon has serious potential, not so sure about Chrissy in midfield....He was poor. Bar one wayward kick out posties restarts were good...Derry missed the boat against a weakened Tyrone team imho

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: January 15, 2019, 11:40:10 PM »
lads is mark harte still over ballinderry this year?

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: January 15, 2019, 11:43:17 PM »
lads is mark harte still over ballinderry this year?

Donít think so. Did Fabian Muldoon get it??