Author Topic: Derry Club Football & Hurling  (Read 1128245 times)

call it as i see it

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club Football & Hurling
« Reply #1335 on: May 08, 2018, 04:47:56 PM »
any word on drums new manager? heard James Mcgrath was told to go after his poor campaign??

oneclubonelife

• View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 08, 2018, 10:52:21 PM »
Not according to the Derry Post?

call it as i see it

• View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: May 09, 2018, 12:36:22 PM »
END OF THE DAY I WOULDNT GO BY THE DERRY POST BIG MAL HASNT A CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING.

braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 09, 2018, 01:17:05 PM »
END OF THE DAY I WOULDNT GO BY THE DERRY POST BIG MAL HASNT A CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING.
Dito

DERRYSFINEST

• View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: May 09, 2018, 01:29:40 PM »
photos are great, but the content of the reports are terrible compared to Cahir and Conan. Mal's style of writing is brutal.

I dont buy it anymore

shawshank

• View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 09, 2018, 01:46:17 PM »
photos are great, but the content of the reports are terrible compared to Cahir and Conan. Mal's style of writing is brutal.

I dont buy it anymore

I'm sure they will miss your purchase each week. Mal ignore the begrudgers, there are some factual mistakes that I am sure are a result of who ever it is you get information from each club PRO etc, but you never said you were in for the 'Man Bookers' prize. There is massive coverage of all the leagues in football, hurling and camogie. The small mindedness of small people never surprises me.

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 09, 2018, 01:59:49 PM »

prob best you change your username to 'call it as i hear about it on gaaboards' as you seem to see or know the sum total of sfa

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: May 09, 2018, 02:17:43 PM »

I dont buy it anymore

Would agree that the reports aren't as good or extensive as previous years.

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 09, 2018, 02:27:47 PM »

I dont buy it anymore

Were they not taken over a few years back by the same crew that owns the Irish News? Running on a very very tight budget by all accounts

oakleaflad

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 09, 2018, 02:33:44 PM »
I remember on here a few years ago people were slagging Cahair and Co. to the point where they came on here and responded. We don't know how lucky we are with the County Derry Post. We probably have the best club coverage in the country and yet people still aren't happy. They are running on a tight budget and the content is great considering this. As for Mal, met him a couple times and he seemed like a genuine man, loved his GAA and he has been involved with fairly successful teams (what part he played I'm not sure). Probably has more of a clue than some of the keyboard warriors on here.

call it as i see it

• View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: May 09, 2018, 02:40:07 PM »

I dont buy it anymore

your some person to talk you would rather complain about RTE or SKY (JoG2)

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 09, 2018, 03:41:57 PM »
I remember on here a few years ago people were slagging Cahair and Co. to the point where they came on here and responded. We don't know how lucky we are with the County Derry Post. We probably have the best club coverage in the country and yet people still aren't happy. They are running on a tight budget and the content is great considering this. As for Mal, met him a couple times and he seemed like a genuine man, loved his GAA and he has been involved with fairly successful teams (what part he played I'm not sure). Probably has more of a clue than some of the keyboard warriors on here.

Completely agree we have the best club coverage about from a local paper but there is no doubt it was better a couple of years back. Saffron Gael website do a good job also for anyone with an interest in Antrim club football, extensive club reports and pictures however it's just a website and doesn't come in newspaper form.

Newbridge Exile

• View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 09, 2018, 06:09:15 PM »
Agree 100%

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 09, 2018, 07:38:46 PM »
Agree 100%

Agree 200 %.

f**k lads. What a great job the CDP does. I wish day buck I could read it every week, but I canít. They give the club game a great platform. Donít know how lucky he are. How many of you would know anything about club footballers before the CDP began to do their business? Mal has continued this.

Mal does an absolute outstanding job. Puts his heart an soul into it. I sent him a couple of reports over the years and he helped me promote the campaign of GAA Jerseys for Palestine throughout the county.

Glenman93

• View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 09, 2018, 08:53:16 PM »
http://derrygaa.ie/fixturesandresults/?countyBoardID=7&compGroupID=51239&leagueTable=y

Is this league cup going to turn out to be a complete farce?  Looks like Lavey has conceded all their games already!?