Author Topic: Derry Club Football & Hurling  (Read 288149 times)

braveheart

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club Football & Hurling
« Reply #990 on: March 13, 2018, 10:30:34 AM »
Slaughtneil have appointed Audi Kelly as manager. Left the Moy, I would imagine the Moy won't be happy, their league due to start in 19 days.
Candidates to have their name in by the 16th March. If you're interested you still have time to put your name in. I'm led to believe only 1 name in so far although a few people approached

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 13, 2018, 11:10:48 AM »
Is there any chance that the powers that be would move the Wexford game to Bellaghy.

I was at the MacRory game and it was the brilliant spot for a game.  Surely the Celtic Park ship has sailed.

Na lad, she is still beside the Foyle

markl121

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 13, 2018, 11:32:12 AM »
I agree with Lenny, I saw some positives. A lot of negatives but there were some good things. The bones of an attacking mindset are there albeit the players need to get themselves out of their hardwired defensive rut they have been in for years. But itís slowlygetting better.
Hardwired defence?! Is this the one that has us on -11 and joint second lowest in Division 3? Please elaborate on the good things because it would be useful to know the detail.
The hard wired blanket defence Derry have been playing for years. At the minute we are at least leaving men forward, itís just that the forward ball isnít coming often enough and the runs arenít being made, the players are choosing to pass round the back and across the field. They need to get into the habit of playing a quick offensive ball to make use of the forwards left up front. We have a young team and in patches we are playing good football. I donít believe in going to a game and sitting there being totally negative and getting on the players backs, that helps no one.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 13, 2018, 05:39:24 PM »
I agree with Lenny, I saw some positives. A lot of negatives but there were some good things. The bones of an attacking mindset are there albeit the players need to get themselves out of their hardwired defensive rut they have been in for years. But itís slowlygetting better.
Hardwired defence?! Is this the one that has us on -11 and joint second lowest in Division 3? Please elaborate on the good things because it would be useful to know the detail.
The hard wired blanket defence Derry have been playing for years. At the minute we are at least leaving men forward, itís just that the forward ball isnít coming often enough and the runs arenít being made, the players are choosing to pass round the back and across the field. They need to get into the habit of playing a quick offensive ball to make use of the forwards left up front. We have a young team and in patches we are playing good football. I donít believe in going to a game and sitting there being totally negative and getting on the players backs, that helps no one.
I was interested because the main player in creating attacks, maybe our only really creative player this year, was totally marked out of the Armagh game - Enda Lynn. I actually thought our forward play v Armagh was very limited, especially in the second half.  When we meet a Division 1/2 team we will be in big bother. 

Real Talk

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 13, 2018, 06:14:52 PM »
I agree with Lenny, I saw some positives. A lot of negatives but there were some good things. The bones of an attacking mindset are there albeit the players need to get themselves out of their hardwired defensive rut they have been in for years. But it’s slowlygetting better.
The hard wired blanket defence Derry have been playing for years. At the minute we are at least leaving men forward, it’s just that the forward ball isn’t coming often enough and the runs aren’t being made, the players are choosing to pass round the back and across the field. They need to get into the habit of playing a quick offensive ball to make use of the forwards left up front. We have a young team and in patches we are playing good football. I don’t believe in going to a game and sitting there being totally negative and getting on the players backs, that helps no one.
I was interested because the main player in creating attacks, maybe our only really creative player this year, was totally marked out of the Armagh game - Enda Lynn. I actually thought our forward play v Armagh was very limited, especially in the second half.  When we meet a Division 1/2 team we will be in big bother. 

We will struggle with Sligo

markl121

• View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 13, 2018, 07:07:38 PM »
I agree that enda lynn barely got a kick v Armagh. And have no illusions that when we meet Donegal (or Cavan) we wonít have a hope in the Ulster championship, paddy mcbrearty would have some laugh. We do silly things  going forward, like three times against Armagh a man tried to fist a simple pass over the head of the back, only for him to just put the hands up and catch it. Like I know Armagh missed some chances, we did too, and a win wasnít totally off the cards. I was expecting a 10-15 point loss heading to the game.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 13, 2018, 07:41:32 PM »
I agree that enda lynn barely got a kick v Armagh. And have no illusions that when we meet Donegal (or Cavan) we wonít have a hope in the Ulster championship, paddy mcbrearty would have some laugh. We do silly things  going forward, like three times against Armagh a man tried to fist a simple pass over the head of the back, only for him to just put the hands up and catch it. Like I know Armagh missed some chances, we did too, and a win wasnít totally off the cards. I was expecting a 10-15 point loss heading to the game.

I was expecting a big defeat also and thatís why I was delighted when we were still well inthe game right into the closing stages. Of course there are still lots of mistakes being made but with the slaughtneil lads back on board we should now have that bit of necessary experience.

Waataboutyee

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 14, 2018, 08:55:42 AM »
I don't think he will  :(

markl121

• View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 14, 2018, 10:49:55 PM »
Yous all for that match on Sunday then? Form an ultras section. Bring flares.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 14, 2018, 11:22:44 PM »
Yous all for that match on Sunday then? Form an ultras section. Bring flares.
Looks like your match is in the Brandywell. 

markl121

• View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 15, 2018, 11:41:52 PM »
Awk sure whatever gets a crowd in

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 16, 2018, 12:36:46 AM »
Awk sure whatever gets a crowd in
No, you have shit in the nest.

Buzzkill

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 16, 2018, 11:15:50 AM »
Anyone have a list of the club league fixtures for the upcoming season?

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 16, 2018, 12:02:31 PM »
Slaughtneil have appointed Audi Kelly as manager. Left the Moy, I would imagine the Moy won't be happy, their league due to start in 19 days.
Candidates to have their name in by the 16th March. If you're interested you still have time to put your name in. I'm led to believe only 1 name in so far although a few people approached

Any white smoke emerging from Slaughtneil yet? Any decent manager would likely be in a job for this year so they may have to headhunt some club to get their man.
Living the dream!!!

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 16, 2018, 02:07:41 PM »

Any white smoke emerging from Slaughtneil yet? Any decent manager would likely be in a job for this year so they may have to headhunt some club to get their man.
Slaughtneil have an All Ireland Final this weekend so they are probably focused on that.