Author Topic: Derry Club Football & Hurling  (Read 1099841 times)

Taylor

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club Football & Hurling
« Reply #4020 on: July 28, 2020, 12:41:44 PM »
£30 for all the games - great value.

Fair play

howlongref

• View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: July 28, 2020, 11:16:48 PM »
On a side note can anyone on this board tell me who replaced Sean Curran, overseeing the referees this year.
Thanks in advance.

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: July 29, 2020, 08:29:26 AM »
Any predictions for the weekends game?

The Loup  v  Bellaghy
Newbridge  v   Foreglen
Slaughtneil  v  Kilrea
Eoghan Rua  v  Lavey
Glen  v  Banagher
Magherafelt  v  Ballinderry
Ballinascreen  v  Claudy
Swatragh  v  Dungiven

Limavady  v  Glack
Glenullin  v  Steelstown
Faughanvale  v  Doire Trasna
Castledawson  v Slaughtmanus
Greenlough  v  Ballymaguigan

Craigbane  v  Magilligan
Desertmartin  v  Moneymore GAC

Also, Anyone know why Lissan have conceded their game at the weekend v Drumsurn? Or so it shows on the Derry website anyway.

Cluborcountywhynotboth

• View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: July 29, 2020, 11:12:48 AM »
Any predictions for the weekends game?

The Loup  v  Bellaghy
Newbridgev   Foreglen
Slaughtneil  v  Kilrea
Eoghan Rua  v  Lavey
Glen  v  Banagher
Magherafelt  v  Ballinderry
Ballinascreen  v  Claudy
Swatragh  v  Dungiven

Limavady  v  Glack
Glenullin  v  Steelstown
Faughanvale  v  Doire Trasna
Castledawson  v Slaughtmanus
Greenlough  v  Ballymaguigan

Craigbane  v  Magilligan
Desertmartin  v  Moneymore GAC

Also, Anyone know why Lissan have conceded their game at the weekend v Drumsurn? Or so it shows on the Derry website anyway.

tonesfirstandlast

• View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: August 01, 2020, 10:44:53 PM »
Who is responsible for giving that boy Quinn a whistle again.
He will never referee a Bellaghy game again

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: August 02, 2020, 11:32:39 AM »
Who is responsible for giving that boy Quinn a whistle again.
He will never referee a Bellaghy game again
Some very strange decisions - and not giving Eoghan Brown the advantage, so close to goal, was a really poor one.   Great coverage from "Wearederry" online so thanks to all involved with that, an excellent service.  Loup hit a lot of wides but Bellaghy can be pleased with result as they seem to have an extremely young team.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: August 02, 2020, 11:37:50 AM »
Fair play to the ref for this tweet:

brendan quinn
@brendanquinn20

14h
Jeez that was a tough night at the office. Apologies to
@BellaghyGAC
 and
@anlubgac
 I'm human. I made mistakes.   If it was easy everyone would be at it.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #4027 on: August 03, 2020, 10:00:29 PM »
Just caught the 2nd half of Bellaghy/Loup. Safe to say tonesí post was a complete over-reaction. The ref wasnít that bad and if anything itís the Loup who can feel hard done by.

Fair enough, he absolutely should have let Eoghan Brown go on but he absolutely would have had to give a free out as Brown took about 8 steps before kicking it in the net.

Unless there was refereeing chaos in the 1st half (I didnít see it), Iíve no idea why heís issuing apologies on Twitter.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: August 05, 2020, 01:22:45 PM »
Just caught the 2nd half of Bellaghy/Loup. Safe to say tonesí post was a complete over-reaction. The ref wasnít that bad and if anything itís the Loup who can feel hard done by.

Fair enough, he absolutely should have let Eoghan Brown go on but he absolutely would have had to give a free out as Brown took about 8 steps before kicking it in the net.

Unless there was refereeing chaos in the 1st half (I didnít see it), Iíve no idea why heís issuing apologies on Twitter.
Eoghan did indeed take about 8 steps - 4 of them caused by the big shove he got in the back!!  I think he should have been given the advantage, especially since he tried to stay on his feet to create the goal opportunity.

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #4029 on: August 05, 2020, 01:32:18 PM »

Eoghan did indeed take about 8 steps - 4 of them caused by the big shove he got in the back!!  I think he should have been given the advantage, especially since he tried to stay on his feet to create the goal opportunity.
You do not get extra steps for being fouled. The free in was the best he could have hoped for. Had he played the advantage, the correct decision would have been a free out.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 01:38:25 PM by hardstation »

oakleaflad

• View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: August 05, 2020, 02:02:23 PM »

You do not get extra steps for being fouled. The free in was the best he could have hoped for. Had he played the advantage, the correct decision would have been a free out.
Surely the correct decision would have been to come back for the free in?

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #4031 on: August 05, 2020, 02:34:02 PM »

Surely the correct decision would have been to come back for the free in?
My understanding is that if the team with the advantage foul the ball during the advantage, itís a free to the opposing team.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: August 05, 2020, 05:13:16 PM »

I thought the referee had discretion in playing the advantage?  Only four steps were taken after the push (advantage point) so you could argue that the player didn't actually foul the ball.  Otherwise the advantage is a disadvantage and then that leads to more fouling (as it pays dividends) or players just make sure they fall (or even worse, dive!!). 

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #4033 on: August 05, 2020, 05:23:52 PM »
The referee does not have the discretion to allow a player to over carry the ball. A player cannot take 8 steps because he was fouled after 4 of them.

oakleaflad

• View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: August 05, 2020, 05:26:24 PM »
The referee does not have the discretion to allow a player to over carry the ball. A player cannot take 8 steps because he was fouled after 4 of them.
If an advantage does not accrue, the referee pulls back for the original free though, no? That's what I assumed would happen and what would make most sense.