Dublin vs Monaghan, Saturday 5th August @ 6pm

Started by straightred, July 30, 2017, 08:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Another thing about Monaghan , they need to put players in their best positions, C Hughes is a full forward, D Hughes is a center half back, neither are midfielders and it shows coming up against a top class midfielder like Fenton, Walsh is a top class corner back but only an average half back, Monaghan need to find a midfield for next year.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 05, 2017, 10:32:28 PM
g a Tyrone man should never be given out about men going down, you never seen that 6ft 3 Sean Cavanagh going to ground like he been took out by a sniper from the stands
Quote from: Zulu on August 05, 2017, 10:31:11 PM
Surely a Tyrone man isn't giving another county a hard time about going down easy?

🙄 Very original comments fellas. I've argued on here many times that Sean Cavanagh goes down a lot because he, over the years, is a player who consistently attacked players at pace and yes he has perfected how to buy a free and go down at the right moment. That doesn't mean that nobody else does it. Do you really think the Dubs don't consider the fact that they have the best free kicker in the game and consider it a fairly straight forward way to keep the scoreboard ticking over? Watch them closely and see the amount of times they go down as they take men on, Peadar Andrews does it all the time. I know it's part of the game but when Dubs come out and point the finger like they are angels then the point of a forum like this is to reply.
That was never a square ball!!

From the Bunker

Zulu

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 05, 2017, 10:46:55 PM
g a Tyrone man should never be given out about men going down, you never seen that 6ft 3 Sean Cavanagh going to ground like he been took out by a sniper from the stands
Surely a Tyrone man isn't giving another county a hard time about going down easy?

🙄 Very original comments fellas. I've argued on here many times that Sean Cavanagh goes down a lot because he, over the years, is a player who consistently attacked players at pace and yes he has perfected how to buy a free and go down at the right moment. That doesn't mean that nobody else does it. Do you really think the Dubs don't consider the fact that they have the best free kicker in the game and consider it a fairly straight forward way to keep the scoreboard ticking over? Watch them closely and see the amount of times they go down as they take men on, Peadar Andrews does it all the time. I know it's part of the game but when Dubs come out and point the finger like they are angels then the point of a forum like this is to reply.

Ah stop Benny, plenty of Tyrone lads know the swan dive routine. I'm not having a go at Tyrone as I think every county is at it now and it's embarrassing. I'd like to see more people call out their own players but I hear this 'there was contact' shite now. It's an embarrassment to the sport IMO.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Zulu on August 05, 2017, 11:08:15 PM

Ah stop Benny, plenty of Tyrone lads know the swan dive routine. I'm not having a go at Tyrone as I think every county is at it now and it's embarrassing. I'd like to see more people call out their own players but I hear this 'there was contact' shite now. It's an embarrassment to the sport IMO.

Aye, that's my point, we had a Dub on the Tyrone game thread calling out the Tyrone players (which I agree have let themselves down at times with their diving) when it's clear to me that his own lads are fairly nifty at it too and in my view have incorporated into a gameplan to get Rock kicking frees. The man is a complete kicking machine, by the way and it's a joy to watch a fella kick frees off the ground so well.

sid waddell

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 05, 2017, 11:13:09 PM

Aye, that's my point, we had a Dub on the Tyrone game thread calling out the Tyrone players (which I agree have let themselves down at times with their diving) when it's clear to me that his own lads are fairly nifty at it too and in my view have incorporated into a gameplan to get Rock kicking frees. The man is a complete kicking machine, by the way and it's a joy to watch a fella kick frees off the ground so well.
Rock is a kicking machine when the stakes aren't that high.

I'm unconvinced he's such a kicking machine when it really matters - the evidence so far suggests he isn't.

BennyHarp

Quote from: sid waddell on August 05, 2017, 11:42:49 PM

I'm unconvinced he's such a kicking machine when it really matters - the evidence so far suggests he isn't.

Although relatively poor in the drawn game, would his 9 points in last years replay not convince you that he can kick under pressure?

screenexile

Aye but that's only a recent blight on the Dubs sure Tyrone have been at it this 15 years or more and the general consensus is they started it!

JoG2

I'm convinced you haven't a clue what you're talking about. A blip against Mayo in the drawn game last year  is about the height of it in the last couple of seasons

tonto1888

Quote from: screenexile on August 05, 2017, 11:56:28 PM

Aye but that's only a recent blight on the Dubs sure Tyrone have been at it this 15 years or more and the general consensus is they started it!

They may or may not have started it but they perfected it. To be fair they seem to have cut it out this year. There was one of our fans having a pop at T McCann today for diving. To be honest I think that was his previous reputation preceding him as in his occasion he was definitely fouled

sid waddell

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 05, 2017, 11:53:00 PM

Although relatively poor in the drawn game, would his 9 points in last years replay not convince you that he can kick under pressure?
He can but he's far from infallible under it.

If he gets off to a bad start I don't particularly fancy him, especially with real pressure kicks from near the 45 or outside.

He didn't nail the one against Kerry in the league final.

straightred

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 05, 2017, 10:28:16 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 05, 2017, 10:22:24 PM
The inability to tackle a man coming at full steam is the reason the dubs get alot of fress

And the ability to go down when the tackle arrives.

look it didnt affect the outcome but the ref was seriously generous to dublin today.

gwan-ye-boy-ya

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 06, 2017, 12:01:33 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 05, 2017, 11:56:28 PM

They may or may not have started it but they perfected it. To be fair they seem to have cut it out this year. There was one of our fans having a pop at T McCann today for diving. To be honest I think that was his previous reputation preceding him as in his occasion he was definitely fouled

Oh they started it, for sure

rrhf

Felt ref was harder on Monaghan than the dubs. They do get that. However I also fell the dubs are streets ahead of anything I've Evers seen playing football, Tyrone have yet to beat a decent team and the dubs are 5 points a better team than them. Awesome

UlsterMan2

Dublin streets ahead on a par with Kerry, sadly rest miles behind