All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

The Trap

JoG2

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 07, 2017, 02:30:28 PM
Are you watching the game? Ros have given up. My granny could run through the middle and bag 2-05 today.

Keith Higgins goal!

They aren't being allowed to play!  The movement and work rate from Mayo is incredible

seafoid

RTE
29 mins: Mayo 3-06 Roscommon 0-03
With Mayo now not bothering with points anymore as goals are coming so handily, Diarmuid Murtagh staunches the flow slightly with a straightforward free. Roscommon defenders look utterly despondent.

omagh_gael

Quote from: JoG2 on August 07, 2017, 02:35:05 PM
Are you watching the game? Ros have given up. My granny could run through the middle and bag 2-05 today.

Keith Higgins goal!

They aren't being allowed to play!  The movement and work rate from Mayo is incredible

Not talking about their forward play. Their defence of the scoring zone has been embarrassing. Between handing the ball back to Mayo, lazy tackling, total absence of following the runners this is junior B stuff.

Mayo are much much better though, they really are hunting down goals today.

seafoid

Shane Stapleton‏

@ShaneSaint 
Mayo, nice to have ye back. Scintillating stuff. Not just a one-man team. Could be a classic against Kerry

Wildweasel74

yellowcard

Best display from Mayo since the day they demolished Donegal. Their work rate, energy and support running is brilliant.

rodney trotter

Keith Higgins goal!

The Roscommon keeper not helping things,  some awful kickouts.

seafoid

Wildweasel74

omagh_gael

That last play summed Ros up. They had 8 defenders back and Moran had all the time he wanted to shoot for a point. You'd be forgiven for thinking he was hitting a free kick such was their lack of urgency.

dublin7

Keith Higgins goal!

You could drive dive a fleet of buses down the centre of the Roscommon defence. Mayo players shooting under no pressure, running right down the middle and no one going to meet the attacking player. Worst thing you could say is they are making Mayo forwards look good. 

Mayo have pushed up on Roscommon kick outs but that's no excuse for the complete lack of any defending