Started by cornetto, July 23, 2017, 11:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Zulu on July 30, 2017, 03:23:05 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 30, 2017, 03:20:03 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 30, 2017, 02:45:46 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 30, 2017, 02:35:46 PM
If that's not a black card I don't know what is. Unbelievable

Wouldn't have given a black either, he went to meet him and in a split second Heaney had the ball transferred, Kerry man could do little by then. We don't want all physicality removed altogether.

That's the problem with the black in that a cast iron one like that is still debated. Ball was gone and there was deliberate contact.

What a shame Galway are so wasteful as Kerry are there for the taking today.

It's not a black, it's a yellow.

Zulu

Rule says "Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play."

Ball was played away, contact was deliberate.

seafoid

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 30, 2017, 03:16:21 PM
Left so many scores behind us.
Galway don't have the experience at the business end of the championship. It takes time.
Mol an oige agus tiocfaidh si.

A fairly good season apart from.the brain fart in the Connacht final.

Wildweasel74

Galway could never have won this game, Kerry keeping ahead of them playing in 2nd gear, havent seen a footballer gone has far back as J O`D, G what happened him

Zulu

Quote from: Itchy on July 30, 2017, 03:32:38 PM

Wouldn't have given a black either, he went to meet him and in a split second Heaney had the ball transferred, Kerry man could do little by then. We don't want all physicality removed altogether.

That's the problem with the black in that a cast iron one like that is still debated. Ball was gone and there was deliberate contact.

Zulu

Rule says "Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play."

He went t meet a guy in possession and had no opportunity to get out of his way so it's a yellow. If that's a black then every defender who collides with a player who passes over his head should be off even if it's impossible for them not to collide unless they dive out of they way as if a car was driving at them. Turning the shoulder makes it a yellow for me, if he didn't do that then it was nothing.

GalwayBayBoy

We needed the oxygen of a couple of goals from the 5 chances we had. Goals change games as they say. Our free taking was awful as well. Probably missed 0-3 in fairly straightforward frees. Missed chances suck the life out of a team.

BennyCake

Galway never believed they could get near Kerry today. If I was a Galway fan, I'd want my money back after this half-arsed display.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Galway created enough opportunities in that game to have actually won it, but profligacy in front of the posts did for them in the end. Not an All-Ireland winning performance from the Kingdom, but they wll improve.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zulu

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 30, 2017, 03:34:23 PM
Galway could never have won this game, Kerry keeping ahead of them playing in 2nd gear, havent seen a footballer gone has far back as J O`D, G what happened him

Don't agree. Galway could have won if they went at it from the start. They had the forwards to put up the score but instead they set up too defensively so couldn't expose the advantages they enjoyed against the Kerry backs. Blanket defences won't beat the Kerry's or Dublin's anymore as they'll play through it and leave enough back to deal with any counter attacks. For a blanket defence set up to win they'd need to be exceptional on the break.

imtommygunn

Really don't think galway ever looked remotely like winning that. If they got a goal kerry would likely have got more goals.

Galway very disappointing. No good defensive plan and lacking a full back. Midfield not fantastic. They also don't seem to know how to get the best out of comer and walsh.

Itchy

Quote from: Zulu on July 30, 2017, 03:38:10 PM

Zulu

He went t meet a guy in possession and had no opportunity to get out of his way so it's a yellow. If that's a black then every defender who collides with a player who passes over his head should be off even if it's impossible for them not to collide unless they dive out of they way as if a car was driving at them. Turning the shoulder makes it a yellow for me, if he didn't do that then it was nothing.

We will have to agree to disagree! I would say your interpretation is based on what you think the rule should be, mine is based on what the rule actually says.

shark

Quote from: Itchy on July 30, 2017, 03:45:46 PM

Zulu

We will have to agree to disagree! I would say your interpretation is based on what you think the rule should be, mine is based on what the rule actually says.

No, the disagreement from what I can see is rather straightforward. Whether it was deliberate or not. And that is a huge problem with the black card rule. It is quite often very hard to know if the foul was deliberate.

sid waddell

Galway had the chances to make it very close or even win that. But they never believed in themselves at any stage. That was the difference.

Wildweasel74

If Galway did not play defensive , yes they may have scored more, but so too would have Kerry

Milltown Row2

Zulu

It happened in seconds he deliberately fouled him with the shoulder to chest but could not get out of his way... yellow possibly red if shoulder was higher on opponent
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blanketattack

Zulu

Good point, if he has time to turn his shoulder, he has time to make an effort to avoid contact, so black card for me.