galway v kerry all ireland quarter final

Started by cornetto, July 23, 2017, 11:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: Zulu on July 30, 2017, 02:43:04 PM
Nonsense, do people not understand the rules? There was injury breaks in the additional 3 so the extra 40 seconds was justified.

Thats a stretch

dublin7

Quote from: clarshack on July 30, 2017, 02:19:28 PM
Donaghy with both hands around Galway player's throat, and gets away with it again.

Different rules for Kerry players. You can guarantee Spillane won't mention it!!!

Zulu

Quote from: Itchy on July 30, 2017, 02:35:46 PM
If that's not a black card I don't know what is. Unbelievable

Wouldn't have given a black either, he went to meet him and in a split second Heaney had the ball transferred, Kerry man could do little by then. We don't want all physicality removed altogether.

straightred

Yeah - yellow is just a cop out. same as the yellow that the Kildare goalie got yesterday. Both clear cut.

Zulu

Quote from: straightred on July 30, 2017, 02:44:41 PM
Nonsense, do people not understand the rules? There was injury breaks in the additional 3 so the extra 40 seconds was justified.

Thats a stretch

What do you mean?

straightred

Quote from: Zulu on July 30, 2017, 02:46:17 PM

Thats a stretch

What do you mean?

I mean its a stretch to find the extra 40 seconds you're looking for

Zulu

Galway forwards showing that if Galway go more conventional they still have a chance but the way they are set up they need Kerry to be profligate and Galway highly efficient with every chance.

straightred

Quote from: Zulu on July 30, 2017, 02:45:46 PM

Wouldn't have given a black either, he went to meet him and in a split second Heaney had the ball transferred, Kerry man could do little by then. We don't want all physicality removed altogether.

"Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play." Black for me anyway.

Wildweasel74

Didn't think it was a black either to be honest, slow motion replay hardly shows the speed the 2 players were going at, as for Donaghy he scored a point then got accosted by Galway players

Zulu

Quote from: straightred on July 30, 2017, 02:48:04 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 30, 2017, 02:46:17 PM

Thats a stretch

What do you mean?

I mean its a stretch to find the extra 40 seconds you're looking for

I didn't time it but the injury to Crowley was a 30 second break anyway I'd say. It's nonsense to claim the ref was looking to get Kerry a score.

Zulu

Quote from: straightred on July 30, 2017, 02:50:39 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 30, 2017, 02:45:46 PM

"Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play." Black for me anyway.

It has to be a move towards the player out of your own natural line, i.e the defender would have to move left or right for it to be a black. The only reason it might have been a black is because he turned his shoulder. Enright would have actually have had to dive out of the way for a collision not to have happened. No way is it a black.

GalwayBayBoy

Feels like our forwards have the beating of the Kerry defenders almost to a man. I don't think they are going to get enough ball though. We've also missed 2-2 in good chances. Need to take all those to beat Kerry.

Full-back line as expected is a disaster zone although it's Donaghy causing most of the mayhem rather than Geaney and O'Donoghue.

Enright shoulder was actually pretty dangerous. Followed through with the shoulder into the chest.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: dublin7 on July 30, 2017, 02:45:04 PM
Donaghy with both hands around Galway player's throat, and gets away with it again.

Different rules for Kerry players. You can guarantee Spillane won't mention it!!!
Donaghy gets away with an awful lot. Causing havoc for galway here tho
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ashman

Quote from: dublin7 on July 30, 2017, 02:45:04 PM

Will you stop f**king whinging you utter arse . 

Zulu

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 30, 2017, 02:54:33 PM
Feels like our forwards have the beating of the Kerry defenders almost to a man. I don't think they are going to get enough ball though. We've also missed 2-2 in good chances. Need to take all those to beat Kerry.

Full-back line as expected is a disaster zone although it's Donaghy causing most of the mayhem rather than Geaney and O'Donoghue.

Enright shoulder was actually pretty dangerous. Followed through with the shoulder into the chest.

Galway need to show a bit of courage and back themselves. Play one sweeper to protect the fullback line but go for it with 5 forwards as they can win a shootout but they'll end up 4-6 point losers if they stay with their current strategy.