Monaghan v Down - Sat 29th July - Croke Park - 17:00

Started by GrandMasterFlash, July 18, 2017, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAULD123

Quote from: armaghniac on July 26, 2017, 02:21:05 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on July 26, 2017, 01:44:02 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 26, 2017, 12:41:26 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 25, 2017, 08:17:30 PM
Maybe the Down fans will stay on and cheer Armagh in the next game, that would be a touching gesture of sporting solidarity, despite their own tribulations.

Maybe the Monaghan fans will, should we win, cheer on Kildare to get a crack at Tyrone?  :o

Sure it makes no odds. If Down win then we are not allowed to play Tyrone so Tyrone will play the winners of Armagh and KIldare. But if Monaghan win then Tyrone could play any of the three teams so there would be a draw to see who takes on Dublin and who takes on Tyrone.

Would it not still be the case that Kildare would not be allowed play Dublin, so Tyrone would get Monaghan?

D'oh!! yes of course that is correct.

meatsy86

So no flags bigger than A4 size allowed into Croke Park on Saturday for the matches. The next thing we'll be banned from wearing any county colours to matches. Absolute Joke GAA living in the dark ages.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/they-have-us-packed-in-like-animals-dublin-fans-lash-out-at-the-gaa-over-flag-ban-and-threaten-boycott-35970540.html

omagh_gael

Jaysus lads you are all very quiet. Worried about the trimming you'll get from either Tyrone or Dublin in the QF?

Fuzzman

Monaghan will no doubt be hoping for a Armagh win on Saturday so they have a chance of avoiding the Dubs. They have been very unlucky in their quarterfinal draws over the past few years. I'd say they would have fancied their chances against Roscommon.

straightred

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 28, 2017, 12:12:09 PM
Monaghan will no doubt be hoping for a Armagh win on Saturday so they have a chance of avoiding the Dubs. They have been very unlucky in their quarterfinal draws over the past few years. I'd say they would have fancied their chances against Roscommon.

They have been. Their last 4 1/4s have been Kerry, Tyrone, Dublin and Tyrone. Nothing easy there. They need to get on with it though and beat Down first and then worry about the next day.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 28, 2017, 11:44:31 AM
Jaysus lads you are all very quiet. Worried about the trimming you'll get from either Tyrone or Dublin in the QF?

I'm delighted with the quietness, to be honest. There was a bit much hyperbole before their last meeting which I think our boys might have believed..

R Beggan;
F Kelly, D Wylie, R Wylie;
C Walshe, N McAdam, K O'Connell;
K Hughes, D Hughes;
G Doogan, D Malone, S Carey;
O Duffy, J McCarron, C McManus.
Subs: C Forde, K Duffy, J Mealiff, B Greenan, V Corey, D Mone, D Ward, R McAnespie, T Kerr, C McCarthy, D Freeman.

http://www.monaghangaa.ie/2017/07/monaghan-panel-v-29717/

Fuzzman

Strong team.
See yis in the semi with Mayo and Galway in the other semi.

Main Street

I've only read one mention this week of the 'wide open spaces' of Croke Park and those 'wide open spaces' will supposedly favour Monaghan more than Down.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Main Street on July 28, 2017, 02:28:24 PM
I've only read one mention this week of the 'wide open spaces' of Croke Park and those 'wide open spaces' will supposedly favour Monaghan more than Down.

Even though the playing area in Clones amongst other grounds is equal

The logic is up there with 'ah sure look, if it doesn't kill ya, it'll only make ya stronger'..

Main Street

🎵 "take us back to the wide open spaces,
      a place where we belong"

Rossfan

Different sections of the draw. We'd fancy our chances against all the B Qualifiers.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Quote from: Rossfan on July 28, 2017, 06:28:11 PM

Different sections of the draw. We'd fancy our chances against all the B Qualifiers.

snoopdog

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 28, 2017, 11:44:31 AM
I'd say as long as Dublin give Tyrone a trimming in the semi we will all be happy enough.