AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

Keep your hair on lads.....hopefully tyrone and Dublin will be competitive and worth the trip.

JoG2

Quote from: Rois on August 05, 2017, 07:30:55 PM
Nah but if your dad thinks we're Irish and stupid for days out in Croke Park then I despair!

Think Traps da was venting his frustration on how predictable and boring both matches were like the rest of us. But sure you're not to know until it pans out

Rois

At least neither you nor your dad will look for tickets  ;D

The Trap

Well if we do Rios we will deserve them for what webdo at our club unlike half the people who will be there!

Rois

Quote from: The Trap on August 05, 2017, 07:46:14 PM
Well if we do Rios we will deserve them for what webdo at our club unlike half the people who will be there!
Have no issue with that!

The Trap

Sorry if I offended anyone......a bit frustrated  I think lol

omaghjoe

The Trap

Nothing to say on the game omaghjoe? Or was it a bit crap....

phpearse

Morgan back taking free kicks again. What's that all about?

naka

Well done Tyrone
Extremely impressive and well worth the win, their speed on the counter attack was impressive
I have numerous issues with the ref today but reality istyrone were far better than us.
I wish you  all the best .

Fuzzman

Is this the weirdest run of matches in a championship a Tyrone (or Ulster) team has EVER had.
We find ourselves in an AI semifinal playing mainly in 2nd gear.
As most of ye know I'm often cautious going into games but just had a feeling today was going to be a bit like the Fermanagh 1/4 final in 2003, hurting from a missed opportunity the year before.
We now know what it feels like for Kerry and Dublin getting to this stage without any tough questions being asked.

What amazes me the most about our performances this year is that we often start very well, then ease off the gas in the second quarter. Then 3rd quarter pull away and then 4th quarter ease off but bring on talented forwards to score goals and points.

I wish we had Kerry next and Dublin in the final but alas it's time to stand up and be counted.
I think Mickey Harte has been waiting a long long time to have a game like this with a team that can compete.
I'm really unsure how it will pan out but I think we are better than them defensively but will we have enuf possession.

As for Armagh today. They had nothing to lose and are on their way back but are just not at that level. It took us about 3/4 years to get there.
Those who say just kick the ball in early and attack at will are still living in the past.
I hope Colm Cab is OK for the semi as it could be the difference between winning and losing

I wonder will Dermo come back in

Fuzzman

Quote from: phpearse on August 05, 2017, 08:51:53 PM
Morgan back taking free kicks again. What's that all about?

He only hits the far put ones PhP

twohands!!!

McGeeney's post match comments.

He sounds more like an Armagh pundit than the Armagh manager here - you'd swear he has zero influence in terms of how the team went out and played the way he is going on.

Tyrone went out and played the way they were always going to play and Armagh tried to play the way they played against Tipp and Kildare and weren't able to deal with Tyrone's Plan A.

Utterly clueless stuff.

QuoteKieran McGeeney: 'We showed a fair few chinks this year'
Saturday, August 5, 2017

By Paul Keane

Kieran McGeeney believes an 18-point All-Ireland quarter-final defeat to Tyrone failed to reflect the true quality of his Armagh players.

The Armagh manager described the season as 'a mixed bag', noting that they reached the last eight of the Championship though acknowledging their failure to gain promotion from Division 3 and a disappointing Ulster loss to Down.

"We showed a fair few chinks this year," said McGeeney. "We should have got out of Division 3, we didn't, but we scored highly. Then we had our chance to beat Down in the Ulster championship, but we didn't.

"Coming up here today you're probably coming up against the best defensive unit in the country in terms of how Tyrone play that. It shouldn't have taken them by surprise or shocked them but we seemed to struggle to deal with it.

"Overall, it's a mixed bag. I don't think today probably reflects how good the team is but it does reflect how they're able to deal with that type of defence. But then every team that has gone before them found it difficult to deal with as well.

"You have to be able to move the ball quick, you have to be able to commit men to the attack, more than ones and twos, it needs to be threes and fours and they didn't have that.

"That's why some of our better forwards were easily suffocated, because they didn't have those runners off the shoulder. They showed glimpses of it for 20 minutes in the second-half but when the chances were there they didn't take them and if there's nothing there to fight for, sometimes the team will just lose heart."

McGeeney said it was hard to paint a positive picture after such a convincing defeat.

"It is what it is, I can't really say much more," said the 2002 All-Ireland winning captain. "When the game is over you're left with the facts staring you in the face. We retracted into our shell a wee bit, missed easy chances, ran into cul-de-sacs. I think we're a better team than we showed but that's just the way it went today.

"There's probably a number of factors for it. We played a certain way all year and then when you miss one or two players, that can have a bit of an effect on it. We didn't react well at the start, we wanted to move the ball quickly but didn't and got caught up. I didn't feel that we committed enough men to attack, it was ones and twos instead of threes and fours and lads got caught on their own and were suffocated. Tyrone are very good at that, they've been working on that for a while. Armagh are just going to have to learn how to deal with that."

McGeeney had praise for Tyrone who march forward to the All-Ireland semi-finals with hopes of another title success.

"Any mistake, they pounced on it," he said. "I think they had a 65 per cent shooting accuracy compared to 30 per cent for us. There's a whole lot of things that add up to the result. It wasn't a good day at the office for the boys but I do believe they're better than that."

punt kick