AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Armagh do not thrive against tight defences and have been prone to giving away frees. So you'd expect Tyrone to keep the score down and go up the field and score more. But if the gap is not too great there is always a chance of an Armagh goal and narrow victory.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mcklatchee

Quote from: T Fearon on July 30, 2017, 08:48:20 PM
12 long years patiently waiting for another Croke Park showdown to right the injustice of 05 when Russell,in an attempt to curry favour with Tyrone for 1995,awarded Tyrone a match winning easy free.

This match is winnable,imagine the karma of sending Harte and Cavanagh into retirement prematurely

I really don't care what happens Tyrone.

It's another step up for us and a bigger step than the ones negotiated in recent weeks.

The big question is do we stick with the open attractive football that has got us this far against potentially the best defence/defensive system in the country? Or do we try to match them. I think we have to do the former and be clever about it. Rain a few high balls down on the square so that Colm can't stray too far from goal. Put Clarke and Campbell wide. If Tyrone want to go man for man on them that's fine by me. If they want to put a sweeper in front of them then the 3 sweepers across the full width of the Full back line is going to give them problems elsewhere.

Cut down the fouls and keep the width and we have a chance. Fail to either of those and I would fear for us.
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

RedHand88

Quote from: armaghniac on August 04, 2017, 12:40:11 PM
Armagh do not thrive against tight defences and have been prone to giving away frees. So you'd expect Tyrone to keep the score down and go up the field and score more. But if the gap is not too great there is always a chance of an Armagh goal and narrow victory.

Staaaappp. Can't even contemplate that right now. It can't happen, it just can't. :-\

RedHand88

Quote from: T Fearon on July 30, 2017, 08:48:20 PM
12 long years patiently waiting for another Croke Park showdown to right the injustice of 05 when Russell,in an attempt to curry favour with Tyrone for 1995,awarded Tyrone a match winning easy free.

This match is winnable,imagine the karma of sending Harte and Cavanagh into retirement prematurely

What injustice? It Was far from an easy free.

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 04, 2017, 12:50:42 PM

Staaaappp. Can't even contemplate that right now. It can't happen, it just can't. :-\

73 mins in, full house in Croke Park, Tyrone 2 points ahead having missed a couple of easy ones, ball drops into Tyrone square and is scrambled over the line. Massive roar from the crowd, ref calls it a day. A Carlsberg QF.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mcklatchee

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 04, 2017, 11:04:13 AM
That half back line will be under big pressure.

Why so? Or why under any more pressure than the rest of the team?
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

Targetman

Armagh +5 that's the bet for me, this'll be a tough battle with the possibility of a sending off or 2, hope the ref uses a bit of common sense!

Taylor

Quote from: Targetman on August 04, 2017, 01:29:20 PM
Armagh +5 that's the bet for me, this'll be a tough battle with the possibility of a sending off or 2, hope the ref uses a bit of common sense!

What would your rationale be for this?

No team has achieved this so far in c'ship so you are saying Armagh are better than all the teams Tyrone have played?

balladmaker

QuoteNo team has achieved this so far in c'ship so you are saying Armagh are better than all the teams Tyrone have played?

I think that's what Targetman is saying and I'd agree with him on that so far in this year's championship ... still think Tyrone are hot favourites for tomorrow though.

illdecide

Quote from: Targetman on August 04, 2017, 01:29:20 PM

Aye and sends off 3 Tyrone men (just for being from Tyrone)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

rrhf

Quote from: armaghniac on August 04, 2017, 01:19:09 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 04, 2017, 12:50:42 PM

73 mins in, full house in Croke Park, Tyrone 2 points ahead having missed a couple of easy ones, ball drops into Tyrone square and is scrambled over the line. Massive roar from the crowd, ref calls it a day. A Carlsberg QF.
Would you offer us a replay or do a Meath, take a hollow victory and be forever damnified.

WT4E

Quote from: Solo_run on August 04, 2017, 12:27:42 PM
Tyrone beat Derry and were then dismissed by Mayo who aren't exactly playing well. Then moving on to Donegal, this can only be described as a collapse to a peak performing Galway who then went out rather tamely to Kerry.So yeah, Tyrone haven't exactly played anything yet.

Did Derry not nearly beat Mayo?? - only for poor decision making from Kielt they should have IMO. Ran out of steam in ET so would hardly say Mayo dismissed Derry in any great fashion!

naka

Armagh by 4
mc keever to get a black card for dragging down sean cav in the last minutes

Solo_run

Quote from: WT4E on August 04, 2017, 03:25:54 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on August 04, 2017, 12:27:42 PM
Tyrone beat Derry and were then dismissed by Mayo who aren't exactly playing well. Then moving on to Donegal, this can only be described as a collapse to a peak performing Galway who then went out rather tamely to Kerry.So yeah, Tyrone haven't exactly played anything yet.

Did Derry not nearly beat Mayo?? - only for poor decision making from Kielt they should have IMO. Ran out of steam in ET so would hardly say Mayo dismissed Derry in any great fashion!

There are many ways to look at how that game could have gone. You can't change the facts, and that is Mayo won (yes in ET) by 11 points.

the goal was on

Tyrone will win this with a bit to spare. Armagh been talked up a lot and yes good performance last week but it took a savage effort from them to beat a tactically niave kildare team. When armagh faced a defensive team ( down second half and westmeath) they have been poor and I expect something similair tommorrow night with the tyrone set up. Easy to kick it in when its 2 v2 in 50 yeards of space but that won't happen tommorrow night and for me we'll see armagh all at sea. Also for all the talk of being a young team donaghey and vernon at back are well into 30's and will find it hard to recover from last week. I think tyrone by 7/8 with a 5 point half time lead.