AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 02, 2017, 02:57:57 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 02, 2017, 07:33:38 AM
Yous Armagh ones are losing the run of yourselves.

Just be glad you're sharing the same stage as your illustrious neighbours and pray you don't get obliterated.
Far from it, but you might live to regret these intemperate comments. Most Armagh fans know that Tyrone are red hot favourites and at a further stage of development than we are. Anything less than a 4 point win for Tyrone will be a failure for you, that or better is progress for Armagh.

We've had enough of  hammering Armagh by 20+ points.  We'll be happy enough to scale it back to 3 or 4 on Sat so you can go home happy! 

Ethan Tremblay

Jesus the thread has turned playground stuff altogether!My views on the match:

McKeever and Cavanagh are going to shoulder the fcuk out of each other and the winners team progresses to the S/F

Clarke and Murnin are putting in for transfers before throw in

Harte is going to be saying the rosary on the side-line hoping physical warfare and bloodshed can be avoided

McGeeney will probably do press ups on the side-line the entire match

Joe Brolly is going to tear into one of the managers, regardless of result

Pat Spillane is going to lament Ulster football, regardless of the result

I'll be out in Dublin on Saturday night, regardless of the result  ;D
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

LurganHoop

The nonsense on this thread is getting completely ridiculous....grown men actually arguing over who's harder? Get a grip! Can we have a separate thread for the trash talk and another for some serious discussion and occasional banter?!

Anyway Clarke is clearly the stand-out forward...Murnin is a great ball winner, but his style of play wouldn't suit Tyrone and therefore wouldn't get his place. Campbell up until this season I always thought would have been ideal for Tyrone and would have definitely have improved them. He hasn't quite reached the same level as in previous years unfortunately despite scoring quite well in the league. Despite that I thought he had a good game on Saturday getting through a lot of work and contributing to the goal. I would certainly have him in my team before McCurry, Brennan, O'Neil and Bradley and have heard a few Tyrone folk say the same.

Tyrone fans would argue that barring Clarke, which forwards would get into the Tyrone team...possibly none, but based on the style of game both teams play I would argue that few of the Tyrone forwards would get onto the Armagh team. Donnelly and Harte are the stand outs and would likely improve any team in the country.

PS....I remember the shoulder that Cavanagh caught Francie with...not too many would have gotten up from it. The bold Francie was as tough as them came though!

punt kick

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 02, 2017, 02:03:55 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 02, 2017, 02:01:18 PM
Quote from: WT4E on August 02, 2017, 01:44:23 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 02, 2017, 01:36:59 PM
Quote from: WT4E on August 02, 2017, 12:18:32 PM
Love Tyrone v Armagh games.

Gormleys block
McGuigan putting geezer on his hole and kicking a beauty in croker
Canavans free to put an end to the eternal Ulster Champs of the noughties

Tyrone should win but I hope its a good game for a while - Would be great if we could get baldy mckeever on the field and someone nail him near the end in retribution for putting his hand on God in 2005. But do we have anyone who could? McNamee - Hampsey - Mattie?

Let big Sean have a go - he'd probably shit himself if McKeever ran past him.

Your Possibly right - but whereas McKeever, a limited footballer, will only be remembered for getting God sent off in an Ulster Final acting a thug Cavanagh will be remembered for much more:

3 All Irelands
6 Ulster Titles
5 All Stars
etc.
etc.
etc.

Armaghs inferiority complex towards Tyrone is hilarious!!!!

What'ts the etc etc etc? Seems like you are insecure McKeever has plenty of accolades including an all-ireland and numerous ulsters.  Show's your insecurities when from behind a keyboard you want someone else to attack someone you wouldn't have the balls to look at.

When did McKeever win his all ireland?

U21 - 2004.

DrinkingHarp

Hughes needs better kick outs. Not distance but accuracy, he gave away at least three easy scores last match because he rushed the kicks. This could determine the outcome. 
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

WT4E

Quote from: punt kick on August 02, 2017, 03:43:17 PM

Gormleys block

Tyrone should win but I hope its a good game for a while - Would be great if we could get baldy mckeever on the field and someone nail him near the end in retribution for putting his hand on God in 2005. But do we have anyone who could? McNamee - Hampsey - Mattie?

Your Possibly right - but whereas McKeever, a limited footballer, will only be remembered for getting God sent off in an Ulster Final acting a thug Cavanagh will be remembered for much more:

3 All Irelands
6 Ulster Titles
5 All Stars
etc.
etc.
etc.

What'ts the etc etc etc? Seems like you are insecure McKeever has plenty of accolades including an all-ireland and numerous ulsters.  Show's your insecurities when from behind a keyboard you want someone else to attack someone you wouldn't have the balls to look at.

U21 - 2004.

LOL  :D ;D

I wasn't even counting those type of titles for Cavanagh so you've just answered your own etc etc question.

I say it again
McKeever - Limited Footballer - Exceptional Hard man
Cavanagh - Exceptional Footballer.

Fuzzman

Yes kickouts (or restarts as some prefer to call them now) will be very important for both teams and I hope Tyrone push up on most of Armagh's kickouts.
Our midfield has become much stronger in recent times, however should Armagh let us take short kickouts I would imagine Morgan will do so.

Speaking of Morgan I hope he keeps his head on Saturday against his near neighbours. The last thing we need is him getting involved with Armagh players or fans and then having to hit 45s or long range frees.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ONeill on August 02, 2017, 07:33:38 AM
Yous Armagh ones are losing the run of yourselves.

Just be glad you're sharing the same stage as your illustrious neighbours and pray you don't get obliterated.

The anxiety is getting to you Tyrone ones.

This is a game Tyrone can't afford to lose while Armagh have nothing to lose and have already exceeded championship expectations for 2017.

Jayop

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 02, 2017, 02:57:57 PM
Anything less than a 4 point win for Tyrone will be a failure for you, that or better is progress for Armagh.

Nonsense. Anything less than a 1 point win will be a failure. At this stage getting through is all that matters.

mackers

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 02, 2017, 03:56:24 PM
Hughes needs better kick outs. Not distance but accuracy, he gave away at least three easy scores last match because he rushed the kicks. This could determine the outcome.
I have watched the game a couple of times.  Hughes gave away one point from a poor kickout.  He has been a revelation and is not a weak point in our team.

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 02, 2017, 04:04:18 PM
I hope Tyrone push up on most of Armagh's kickouts.
Kildare pushed up on our kickouts on repeatedly and Armagh had obviously planned for this as McParland and Murnin (when his runs weren't blocked) collected several balls that had been kicked over the crowded area.  This left Kildare exposed at the back on a number of occasions.  MH will have watched this and I'd imagine they will allow Armagh the short kickout.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

punt kick

Quote from: WT4E on August 02, 2017, 04:00:14 PM

Gormleys block

3 All Irelands
6 Ulster Titles
5 All Stars
etc.
etc.
etc.

U21 - 2004.

I wasn't even counting those type of titles for Cavanagh so you've just answered your own etc etc question.

I say it again

Ah right so would say PTG had 2 or 4 all irelands?

StGallsGAA

Gormleys block

3 All Irelands
6 Ulster Titles
5 All Stars
etc.
etc.
etc.

U21 - 2004.

Quite possibly the comedy post of the decade!!  ;D ;D

punt kick

WT4E

Quote from: punt kick on August 02, 2017, 04:58:15 PM
Quote from: WT4E on August 02, 2017, 04:00:14 PM

Gormleys block

3 All Irelands
6 Ulster Titles
5 All Stars
etc.
etc.
etc.

U21 - 2004.

I say it again

Ah right so would say PTG had 2 or 4 all irelands?

Ehhhhh 2 lol

Over the Bar