AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 31, 2017, 11:02:02 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 31, 2017, 10:46:31 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 31, 2017, 09:55:50 AM
Hoping for a tight competitive match. Hard to see beyond a Tyrone win though, but in sport, you never know.

Both this weekends quaters are only on Sky again by the looks of it, that's 6 big games in the last 3 weeks only available if you help swell Murdoch's coffers to watch our amateur footballers...HQ should hang their heads in shame

Anyone in the country that wanted to go could easily have got a ticket for any game they wanted and watched it. If not most people have family or friends with sky so could have gone there. Beyond that could have visited a local bar had a drink and watched the game. Online links to games another option. Don't really buy into this theory of people not being able to see games. The amount of people in the country who aren't fit to leave the house, don't have Internet or can't afford sky for a few months would be limited.

Exactly. People getting to bring children to biig games for €5 and still not happy.

exactly my hole. The games should be free to air on this island.

Dire Ear

Your queue number: 11305
Number of users in queue ahead of you: 7753
Expected arrival time on the website: more than an hour

punt kick

Quote from: Dire Ear on July 31, 2017, 11:05:16 AM
Your queue number: 11305
Number of users in queue ahead of you: 7753
Expected arrival time on the website: more than an hour

I was 984 bought 2, then my brother rang me - used the same session to buy another 6.

punt kick

Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 10:47:48 AM
Quote from: punt kick on July 31, 2017, 09:43:15 AM
Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 09:11:24 AM
Anyone hoping for a tight game Saturday evening will be disappointed.

At times on Saturday when Kildare had numbers back Armagh looked clueless and could not penetrate. Problem was Kildare didnt get numbers back often or quick enough. The same wont happen to us. We will have numbers back.

Cant see Armagh scoring more than 10/12 points against us.

We should be able to rack up 16/18 scores given the forward talent at our disposal.

Our problem is that we are going to go into the Dublin game not tested at all

Arrogance of the highest order, not sure at this stage the Dubs would even test you.  ::)

How so?

We are playing a division 3 team and if we have realistic hopes of lifting Sam we will need to be winning well - this will be the same as all the games we have played to date.

It means we will meet Dublin in the semi UNTESTED

So Kerry, Tyrone and Dublin all in the semi untested, by the sounds of it Kerry and Tyrone will be in the final untested!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: JoG2 on July 31, 2017, 11:04:29 AM
Hoping for a tight competitive match. Hard to see beyond a Tyrone win though, but in sport, you never know.

Both this weekends quaters are only on Sky again by the looks of it, that's 6 big games in the last 3 weeks only available if you help swell Murdoch's coffers to watch our amateur footballers...HQ should hang their heads in shame

Anyone in the country that wanted to go could easily have got a ticket for any game they wanted and watched it. If not most people have family or friends with sky so could have gone there. Beyond that could have visited a local bar had a drink and watched the game. Online links to games another option. Don't really buy into this theory of people not being able to see games. The amount of people in the country who aren't fit to leave the house, don't have Internet or can't afford sky for a few months would be limited.

Exactly. People getting to bring children to biig games for €5 and still not happy.

Why?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

RedHand88

Quote from: JoG2 on July 31, 2017, 11:04:29 AM

31 are. As many as there have ever been?

punt kick

My Liverpool tickets for the aviva will go to waste now.  ;D

Taylor

Quote from: punt kick on July 31, 2017, 11:15:50 AM

At times on Saturday when Kildare had numbers back Armagh looked clueless and could not penetrate. Problem was Kildare didnt get numbers back often or quick enough. The same wont happen to us. We will have numbers back.

We should be able to rack up 16/18 scores given the forward talent at our disposal.

Arrogance of the highest order, not sure at this stage the Dubs would even test you.  ::)

How so?

We are playing a division 3 team and if we have realistic hopes of lifting Sam we will need to be winning well - this will be the same as all the games we have played to date.

So Kerry, Tyrone and Dublin all in the semi untested, by the sounds of it Kerry and Tyrone will be in the final untested!

Yes such is the dominance so far this year of the 3 teams mentioned none have had a really tough test.

What was the closest any team has got to them?

punt kick

After the hammering Tyrone give Armagh in the quarters and Dublin give Monaghan - none really, hope you get your tickets OK for the final.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 11:22:38 AM

How so?

Yes such is the dominance so far this year of the 3 teams mentioned none have had a really tough test.

Had a quick look there and low and behold it was the plucky Clare that got closest. They lost by six points in the Munster semi final. After that you've Galway getting an 8 point drubbing against Kerry yesterday.

Taylor

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 31, 2017, 11:31:15 AM
Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 11:22:38 AM

How so?

Had a quick look there and low and behold it was the plucky Clare that got closest. They lost by six points in the Munster semi final. After that you've Galway getting an 8 point drubbing against Kerry yesterday.

Says it all really.
And to be fair to Clare it could have been more if Kerry had kept the foot on the gas

Fuzzman

I was saying to a few lads yesterday how so many southern teams seem to roll over when they come up against a bigger team like Galway did again yesterday v Kerry.
I think most of us expected Kerry to win but jeez would it have killed Galway to show a bit of fight and at least get stuck into them and put it up to Kerry.

At least the Rossies showed a hell of a lot more intensity and passion and weren't showing Mayo much respect. Too often teams are beaten even before the game starts and that often seems to be the case when teams come up against Kerry or the Dubs.

Armagh showed that Ulster teams don't have that problem as they got laced into Kildare from the start. Many people had talked up this Kildare team this year and said they had some great players and to be honest I was a bit worried about Tyrone being caught cold by them but alas their soft underbelly showed itself again and Armagh's hunger and belief was enough to bring them through.

Think the Down fans were very annoyed that despite them doing well this year and having beaten Armagh, their old rivals have got further than they did and have a big chance to get to an AI semifinal.

StGallsGAA

Tickets on sale at the min.   Shame Dublin play after Tyrone v Armagh as there'll be a lot of empty seats since most of  the Jacks will be  in the pubs (until about 7pm probably).

omagh_gael

I'm in que at the minute for tickets, it says I have a wait time of 23 minutes if anyone wants a code? Got my own tickets through the club and sorting out my brother.

lenny

We know how tyrone will play. They are extremely disciplined and rigid in their formation. We saw however in the first half v down that they haven't made the kind of improvement from last year that some tyrone supporters seem to think. If armagh can be disciplined and keep their defensive shape for at least the first 60 minutes even if they go 3 or 4 points down then I think they have a good chance in this game. Tyrone look like a great attacking team when their opponents leave holes in the defence. Down were well set up in the first half and didn't commit too many men forward and tyrone looked clueless for a lot of the first half. If Murnin is fit I would give armagh a decent chance of winnythis game.