AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on August 06, 2017, 10:02:05 PM
Ach lads c'mon regarding Ciaran McK...the games was over when he came on and it's quite clear that KMcG was giving him his last runout at HQ before the lad hangs up his boots, didn't see much wrong there as he's been a great servant for Armagh over the years and got a few minutes to see out his intercounty career as the match had already been won by Tyrone and there was no way back.

Agree with this. I said it to my brother at the time too

Fear ón Srath Bán

Fair enough lads, wouldn't be too sore on C Mc K, and tbat he was even available to come on is testimony to the unbelievable durability of the man. Respect.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

oakleafgael

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 06, 2017, 06:31:44 PM
Conall McCann had a really poor game yesterday and I'd say he'll lose his place for the Dublin match. McGeary also didn't have his best game and I'd consider bringing Meyler in for him.

Good to see Richie Donnelly back.

Mickey needs to pull McCarron aside, two really stupid red cards in two games, completely needless considering we were winning handy in both at the time. He could become a bit of a liability at this rate.

Conall McCann will start and will be given a marking job on Brian Fenton. He is one of only 3 or 4 players in the Tyrone team that have the athletic capability to carry out the task and the others have important role to play.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: oakleafgael on August 06, 2017, 10:58:57 PM
Conall McCann had a really poor game yesterday and I'd say he'll lose his place for the Dublin match. McGeary also didn't have his best game and I'd consider bringing Meyler in for him.

Mickey needs to pull McCarron aside, two really stupid red cards in two games, completely needless considering we were winning handy in both at the time. He could become a bit of a liability at this rate.

Conall McCann will start and will be given a marking job on Brian Fenton. He is one of only 3 or 4 players in the Tyrone team that have the athletic capability to carry out the task and the others have important role to play.

McClure is every bit as athletic as Conall McCann and has shown much more to date.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 06, 2017, 11:03:06 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on August 06, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

McClure is every bit as athletic as Conall McCann and has shown much more to date.

McClure has done rightly since he has been introduced but he is a different type of player to McCann. That said McCann is playing a completely different role to the one he plays in club football. It really is a case of horses for courses with this Tyrone team and a testament to Mickey Harte that he has shaped them into genuine All Ireland contenders. He has built the team around their strengths and the scores they are racking up are very impressive for a team that lack a top class forward.

sambostar

McCann & McGeary should make way for McClure & Rory Brennan. Can't afford to have any weak links against the Dubs

Whishtup

I wouldn't drop McCann-a good direct central runner that may get space if Dublin decide to go wide.  McGeary may struggle against a physical Dublin defence.

T Fearon

I was on one of these Special GAA trains.You had to buy a ticket online,and pay a recorded delivery postage fee,and ticket arrived a few days later with specific train times leaving Newry and returning from Dublin.These were your trains and you could not board any others,so we were told.
Absolutely fine going down,but chaotic going home,as GAA fans and Liverpool supporters were piled on to trains willy nilly,the policy seemed to be to get them all on a train,any train,and back up North,with no regard to patient safety.

As usual a lot of so called fans,both Armagh and Tyrone,male and female,were worse for wear,and allowed to board carrying more bags of booze.The journey home was one of the most unpleasant I ever experienced.Loud,boorish,aggressive behaviour from young louts,threats of fights,sectarian and rebel songs,etc,all unchecked.It also took the special train almost two hours to reach Newry,which was supposed to be the first stop.

These louts harm the GAA's reputation.You never see them at league games,but they relish the train journies to big games in Dublin to drink themselves silly.

Translink bear ultimate responsibility for this.Drunks should not be allowed on trains,should certainly not be allowed to carry booze bags on trains,and anyone causing trouble,drunk or otherwise,should be evicted at the first available station

RedHand88

I know the type T. They are anonymous from January to mid July and then turn up. As you say every county has them.

screenexile

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 08:07:23 AM
I know the type T. They are anonymous from January to mid July and then turn up. As you say every county has them.

Not every County fights on trains... that is incorrect!!

RedHand88

Quote from: screenexile on August 07, 2017, 08:18:51 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 08:07:23 AM

Not every County fights on trains... that is incorrect!!

That's true there are no train stations in South Derry!  :P

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on August 07, 2017, 06:19:38 AM
I was on one of these Special GAA trains.You had to buy a ticket online,and pay a recorded delivery postage fee,and ticket arrived a few days later with specific train times leaving Newry and returning from Dublin.These were your trains and you could not board any others,so we were told.
Absolutely fine going down,but chaotic going home,as GAA fans and Liverpool supporters were piled on to trains willy nilly,the policy seemed to be to get them all on a train,any train,and back up North,with no regard to patient safety.

As usual a lot of so called fans,both Armagh and Tyrone,male and female,were worse for wear,and allowed to board carrying more bags of booze.The journey home was one of the most unpleasant I ever experienced.Loud,boorish,aggressive behaviour from young louts,threats of fights,sectarian and rebel songs,etc,all unchecked.It also took the special train almost two hours to reach Newry,which was supposed to be the first stop.

These louts harm the GAA's reputation.You never see them at league games,but they relish the train journies to big games in Dublin to drink themselves silly.

Translink bear ultimate responsibility for this.Drunks should not be allowed on trains,should certainly not be allowed to carry booze bags on trains,and anyone causing trouble,drunk or otherwise,should be evicted at the first available station

That's armagh football in a nutshell. Arrive as a fan, leave as a patient