Clare v Mayo Round 3A Qualifier

Started by From the Bunker, July 03, 2017, 09:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 08, 2017, 08:15:37 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2017, 06:37:20 PM
Harrison deserved more than a black for slamming a lad into the ground. All-Star my arse.

Not quite sure how Hurson thought two blacks were merited. Red card for Harrison all day long. Can't be revisited now though.

Harrison was like something out of the wrestling WWE. Red card all day long. Mayo still have serious problems in the forward line. Andy Moran at 34/35 is their only reliable forward. Clare created plenty of goal chances but weren't good enough to take them

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2017, 07:30:06 PM
Quote from: thefont on July 08, 2017, 07:25:20 PM
What is with the niggle and high shots? Going for the red card three in a row today. It'll be the end of us.

Hard luck Clare shot themselves in the foot and didn't convert when they had their purple patch. Good looking team.

Best thing to come from today is Regan and Loftus getting game time (even if they weren't very good), must persevere with them or our season will end in familiar fashion.

We move on.

Regan is way too long in the tooth now to be talking about needing game time to develop. It looks very much like he just isn't good enough.
Ah, Jaysus Syf, you really need to take a rest! ;D ;D
You're spending more time and effort on nitpicking every move Mayo made and you are not bothering about tomorrow when the wolves will be let loose against the sheep. Slaughter and gnashing of teeth on all sides as Armageddon will be upon ye. I'd be rattling the oul' rosary beads now if I were you and give the poor, long- suffering people of Mayo a breather.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 08, 2017, 08:48:46 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2017, 07:30:06 PM
Quote from: thefont on July 08, 2017, 07:25:20 PM
What is with the niggle and high shots? Going for the red card three in a row today. It'll be the end of us.

Hard luck Clare shot themselves in the foot and didn't convert when they had their purple patch. Good looking team.

Best thing to come from today is Regan and Loftus getting game time (even if they weren't very good), must persevere with them or our season will end in familiar fashion.

We move on.

Regan is way too long in the tooth now to be talking about needing game time to develop. It looks very much like he just isn't good enough.
Ah, Jaysus Syf, you really need to take a rest! ;D ;D
You're spending more time and effort on nitpicking every move Mayo made and you are not bothering about tomorrow when the wolves will be let loose against the sheep. Slaughter and gnashing of teeth on all sides as Armageddon will be upon ye. I'd be rattling the oul' rosary beads now if I were you and give the poor, long- suffering people of Mayo a breather.

You could have just said "I disagree, Regan is good enough" and saved yourself some time, Lar.

It's fair comment at this stage when he hasn't delivered, it's not like I'm personally attacking the lad.

giveballaghback

Jaysus syf would you ever give it a rest, leave the feckin rhubarbs alone, we might be playing them shortly.

sans pessimism

Harrison deserved more than a black for slamming a lad into the ground. All-Star my arse.
Hmm-I dunno,mabye he won his all-star for his performances on the pitch during last year's campaign(May,June,July,August,September,October).But hey,you obviously know different.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on July 08, 2017, 11:01:48 PM
Hmm-I dunno,mabye he won his all-star for his performances on the pitch during last year's campaign(May,June,July,August,September,October).But hey,you obviously know different.

I didn't rate him last year and his actions today haven't exactly changed my opinion. Brainless, dangerous stuff.

Halfquarter

Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2017, 11:05:22 PM

I didn't rate him last year and his actions today haven't exactly changed my opinion. Brainless, dangerous stuff.

You obviously got it badly wrong last year as well !

sans pessimism

The fact that you don't rate him is ample evidence that you know jack shit about what constitutes a good corner back.Harri is one of the finest.
Note to self-ignore idiots
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on July 08, 2017, 11:51:46 PM

The fact that you don't rate him is ample evidence that you know jack shit about what constitutes a good corner back.Harri is one of the finest.
Note to self-ignore idiots

Jaysis the Harrison defence force is out in full regalia tonight, the day he spear tackled a lad into the ground and should have received a suspension. Choose your battles lads, and stop attacking the messenger because you don't like the message.

Cunny Funt

Derry peaked themselves out after 60 minutes last week and today Clare were maxed out by 30 minutes. Yet it was still was only 13 v 14 on points scored and the two goals in as many minutes clearly the telling difference. Mayo lucky they didn't draw Donegal or Meath away as i think both of those sides who are better than Clare would have led by far more than two points at half time.

Cork or Roscommon next in neutral venue (Can't play Galway or Croke park with the U2 concerts) Back to Ennis for Cork or back to Salthill for Roscommon? 

Rossfan

We're due a home Qualifier v Rhubarbia because we went to Castlebar in 2002.
What's the chances that agreement doesn't exist on paper any where?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Scarlet

Just looking on TV and there was not even a ,mention of a penalty shout for Clare...Sexton coming through...
Honestly looked dodgy at full speed but wasn´t even mentioned in passing.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on July 09, 2017, 12:29:29 AM

There will be no home qualifier for Roscommon! Why? Because I honestly believe the Rossies will win a Connacht title this year.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 09, 2017, 12:33:57 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 09, 2017, 12:29:29 AM

There will be no home qualifier for Roscommon! Why? Because I honestly believe the Rossies will win a Connacht title this year.

G'wan ya good thing. A Ros win would make Mayo's path a bit easier too, we'd probably put in a shift if we had Mayo coming up in two weeks while Cork are as dead as a fish on a Killybegs trawler.

Gael85

Mayo were always going to win. Clare didn't have the bench or fitness to sustain the first half pace. If had converted a couple of their goal chances could have been a different game. Mayo were more streetwise too. Martin McMahon hit with closed fist 3/4 times tried to play on whereas any contact with Colm Boyle he made sure to jump to ground and highlight to match officials. Jamie Malone continuously blocked off ball by Keegan. He be better rolling around the ground like Diarmuid O'Connor. Dublin, Kerry and Mayo are the best football teams but are streets ahead in cynical play too.