Westmeath v Armagh (Sat 08.07.17) Cusack Park, 7pm

Started by illdecide, June 26, 2017, 09:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Does anyone know if it is handier to go to Mullingar from Belfast via Dublin (via the M1 and M4), or go cross country (on the N33 and N52)?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

shark

Quote from: Orior on July 03, 2017, 11:00:29 PM
Does anyone know if it is handier to go to Mullingar from Belfast via Dublin (via the M1 and M4), or go cross country (on the N33 and N52)?

You'll save maybe 20 mins going cross country. If you're not in a hurry then go via Dublin. N52 is a pain.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: bennydorano on July 01, 2017, 01:47:51 PM
Question - If the game happened to be on Sky next Saturday, could I watch that on my Skygo app in Spain, assuming the wifi is good enough, or do they nobble it some way cos you're abroad?

You need a VPN to make SKY think you are still in UK.  Get this one on trial and then cancel when you get home.

https://www.vpncompare.co.uk/how-to-watch-sky-sports-abroad/

https://www.expressvpn.com

It is simple.  Also use it to watch TdF on Eurosport.

illdecide

Ardee, Kells and Delvin is best
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Quote from: illdecide on July 04, 2017, 11:21:14 AM

Hmmm, is this a clever ruse to keep me away from the road that you will be taking?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

Quote from: Orior on July 04, 2017, 12:33:42 PM
Quote from: illdecide on July 04, 2017, 11:21:14 AM

Hmmm, is this a clever ruse to keep me away from the road that you will be taking?

You're just too smart...Yes, I don't want you on my road

illdecide

Can't believe how quiet it is on here, I think both teams have been burnt that much the supporters know now not to expect much as you usually end up getting the opposite...

Anyway i do believe Armagh are slightly better than Westmeath but Westmeath are fairly strong at home and for me that put's both teams around level par, should be tight but expect Armagh to win by 3-4pts.

Shark is there anywhere handy to for me and the cub for food between Dublin and Mullingar (if i've time), I'd imagine Mullingar will be chaos so maybe out the road a bit?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: illdecide on July 04, 2017, 04:14:43 PM
Can't believe how quiet it is on here, I think both teams have been burnt that much the supporters know now not to expect much as you usually end up getting the opposite...

Anyway i do believe Armagh are slightly better than Westmeath but Westmeath are fairly strong at home and for me that put's both teams around level par, should be tight but expect Armagh to win by 3-4pts.

Shark is there anywhere handy to for me and the cub for food between Dublin and Mullingar (if i've time), I'd imagine Mullingar will be chaos so maybe out the road a bit?

There's a Burger King in the motorway service station at Enfield, which would suit if you're stuck for time. Or you could roll back the years and pull in to Harrys in Kinnegad like many a man used to do on the road to and from Dublin.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

PW Nally

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 04, 2017, 04:32:04 PM
Quote from: illdecide on July 04, 2017, 04:14:43 PM

There's a Burger King in the motorway service station at Enfield, which would suit if you're stuck for time. Or you could roll back the years and pull in to Harrys in Kinnegad like many a man used to do on the road to and from Dublin.
Bridge House in Enfield does a good feed. There's a middling at best carvery at the Applegreen mentioned above but you save time.
The Roadhouse on N6 did good food but think you cannot cross road now westbound. Mary Lynch's in Coralstown perhaps?

blast05

Quote from: oliverkelly on June 27, 2017, 01:15:42 PM
Live in the Athlone area and i know a few of the Westmeath lads. There are some lads the team and panel that shouldnt be a within an arses roar of a county panel. I expect Armagh to win by 6+ points and would be very surprised if they do not.

Westmeath may not have big strength in depth but they have some fantastic players. I'd take Heslin, Martin, Sharry, Maguire among others on to a Mayo starting 15.
What got hidden in Westmeath's defeat to Dublin amid Gavin's nonsense rant was that Westmeath - collectively and individually - put in an absolutely brutal performance. Yes, Dublin were terrific but every Westmeath player should have hung their heads in shame at their lack of conviction, drive, energy, etc when things were going so badly against them - and that donkey of a manager they have should have resigned on the spot for sending out such an ill-prepared team.
The best result for long term betterment of Westmeath football would be a 7-8 point defeat with no structure, organisation, tactics etc so that manager would go. However, I think there is enough leadership and pride in Martin, Heslin and co that they will actually put in a decent performance, play to potential and win

naka

Think Armagh have the bit between their teeth and will pull through this.
As I said before this will be a tough game
But just feel that Armagh have a date later on this summer with the mourne men

LCohen

Quote from: naka on July 04, 2017, 06:53:37 PM

So its Down in the next round then. What's that based on?

BennyCake

Quote from: LCohen on July 04, 2017, 07:02:27 PM

Armagh beating Westmeath, Down losing to Tyrone. And then both teams drawn to play each other, maybe?

OgraAnDun

Quote from: BennyCake on July 04, 2017, 07:15:52 PM
Quote from: LCohen on July 04, 2017, 07:02:27 PM

Armagh beating Westmeath, Down losing to Tyrone. And then both teams drawn to play each other, maybe?

You need to win your next two games to be able to play us again. And even then I think that we will not be drawn against either Armagh or Monaghan where possible?

tonto1888

I'm wary about this game. I think we should win but I just don't know how Westmeath will react.