Author Topic: Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones  (Read 27093 times)

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
Re: Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones
« Reply #405 on: July 17, 2017, 12:58:17 PM »
If Lee went for goal and missed he probably wouldn't be seen for the rest of the championship!!

Did you notice he celebrated his point like he just bagged the winning goal?! Fair play to him.

jeez that Ronan O'Neill lad is an awful p***k. Very very good footballer but you couldn't like him if ya reared him. I'd say his biggest problem is he knows how good he is

What did he do??? The way he celebrated his goal? I thought that was funny. Too many players look like they're on their way to their mother's wake after they score a goal. Have a bit of a laugh I say. On that subject, look for Niall Donnelly's reaction after he scored the long distance point in the first half. Look like he had a right laugh to himself, I'm assuming that was a bit of a collector's item?

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 17, 2017, 01:17:32 PM »
If Lee went for goal and missed he probably wouldn't be seen for the rest of the championship!!

Did you notice he celebrated his point like he just bagged the winning goal?! Fair play to him.

jeez that Ronan O'Neill lad is an awful p***k. Very very good footballer but you couldn't like him if ya reared him. I'd say his biggest problem is he knows how good he is

What did he do??? The way he celebrated his goal? I thought that was funny. Too many players look like they're on their way to their mother's wake after they score a goal. Have a bit of a laugh I say. On that subject, look for Niall Donnelly's reaction after he scored the long distance point in the first half. Look like he had a right laugh to himself, I'm assuming that was a bit of a collector's item?

Just think he wasn't shooting, lobbing it into Harrison.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 17, 2017, 01:24:35 PM »
I'd rather say players try to place it rather than what most do and that is blast it straight at the keeper as we saw in the Donegal game and Kildare did yesterday straight at Cluxton.

Not everyone can do this I suppose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEHCS4RhJMQ
Nice to know Ronan has a lot to offer, even if it is as a sub coming on near the end. I was surprised Lee Brennan didn't try for a goal in his chance near the end.

Aidan McCrory must run some distances each match he plays. The amount of times you see him up near our attacking goal is amazing.

I think that Brennan in a Trillick jersey would have went for goal, but he knows that in the Tyrone camp that there is one way of playing and its all about playing the percentages and taking the safe option.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 17, 2017, 02:11:37 PM »
After all the Tyrone over confidence on here last week I was not too surprised to read some of the very anti Tyrone bias on here yesterday.
As many have already admitted it was disappointing to see Morgan's reaction but I don't know was there much else people could complain about yesterday.

Players like Tiernan McCann and Mattie D are good at making penetrating runs to break through the blanket defence which often results in them drawing the foul. Some would argue that he played for that free but if the defender fell for it or was lazy with his tackle then a free's a free.
As for Sean complaining to the ref or linesman about being fouled etc, what's the alternative, to take the law into his own hands like D.Connolly might do and then get punished even more.
Yes many would love to see Sean get sent off again for reacting to the abuse he gets during a game.

I see the Irish News agreed with my choice of McClure for MOTM. He looked very up for it yesterday and I'll be disappointed if he doesn't start the next day. Anyone else think the marks given in the IN are a bit mean on Tyrone?

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 17, 2017, 02:21:14 PM »
After all the Tyrone over confidence on here last week I was not too surprised to read some of the very anti Tyrone bias on here yesterday.
As many have already admitted it was disappointing to see Morgan's reaction but I don't know was there much else people could complain about yesterday.

Players like Tiernan McCann and Mattie D are good at making penetrating runs to break through the blanket defence which often results in them drawing the foul. Some would argue that he played for that free but if the defender fell for it or was lazy with his tackle then a free's a free.
As for Sean complaining to the ref or linesman about being fouled etc, what's the alternative, to take the law into his own hands like D.Connolly might do and then get punished even more.
Yes many would love to see Sean get sent off again for reacting to the abuse he gets during a game.

I see the Irish News agreed with my choice of McClure for MOTM. He looked very up for it yesterday and I'll be disappointed if he doesn't start the next day. Anyone else think the marks given in the IN are a bit mean on Tyrone?

Calling a spade a spade is not overconfidence FM.
Its just calling it as it is.
What is the alternative? To sound like every player and managers soundbites nowadays 'surra they are a great time, it will be a tough match etc'.

We are a far superior team to Down and it showed. We are far superior to the next team we will meet as well be it Kildare or Armagh - but its the Dubs after that and we will find it bloody tough but that is where we want to be.

Feck this cautious, talking up the opposition bullshit

God14

• it aint over til its over
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 17, 2017, 02:31:52 PM »
Kildare armagh or Monaghan next then? I notice a few have just said kildare or armagh... can someone confirm?

5 Sams

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 17, 2017, 02:34:11 PM »
Kildare armagh or Monaghan next then? I notice a few have just said kildare or armagh... can someone confirm?

Its Monghan at HQ next Saturday week. Double header with Armagh Kildare.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:36:01 PM by 5 Sams »
The Aristocrat Years

Rois

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 17, 2017, 02:48:03 PM »
Anyone else think the marks given in the IN are a bit mean on Tyrone?
That was my first reaction this morning too - thought C Cavanagh and Tiernan McCann were particularly harshly marked given their level of involvement. 

twohands!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 17, 2017, 03:16:02 PM »

For me it's great to see the team playing so well without big Sean and Peter Harte maybe not as influential as usual.

Blasphemy - I thought he was immense yesterday - he was popping up everywhere and anywhere and got through an absolute tonne of work.

Sean was very poor though.

Down were miles off the pace, especially in terms of having any sort of a plan of attack. Were just utterly clueless in terms of trying to take on the Tyrone defence.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 17, 2017, 03:51:44 PM »

I'm sure its already been discussed, but was one of the Down players pinching Cavanagh on the tits yesterday? (Looked like it on tv)

If so, my admiration of Cavanagh has gone up a notch - there's no way in hell most people would have the self-control not to retaliate instantly to that carry-on.

Morgan - not nice to see, but we see it a fair bit in senior football now. Conor McManus did it to the Donegal keeper last year, but in that case I think McGinley had been giving him some kind of lip to try and throw him off before he took the penalty and so it was probably justified.

On over-confidence, youse have every entitlement to it. Streets ahead of the rest in Ulster at the moment.

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 17, 2017, 04:01:25 PM »
Who was the titty nip offender?

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 17, 2017, 04:37:54 PM »
Is that Niall McParland?
https://twitter.com/hoeydavid13/status/886577845614645248/photo/1

Interesting how some neutrals thought Sean played quite well yesterday.
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/tyrone-sean-cavanagh-130409
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 04:46:27 PM by Fuzzman »

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 17, 2017, 04:40:20 PM »
Gerard McGovern number 2.

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 17, 2017, 05:05:26 PM »
Is that Niall McParland?
https://twitter.com/hoeydavid13/status/886577845614645248/photo/1

Interesting how some neutrals thought Sean played quite well yesterday.
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/tyrone-sean-cavanagh-130409

I thought he was pretty poor, kicked the ball aimlessly a few times which wasn't like him. He did have one magnificent mark though.

OgraAnDun

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 17, 2017, 05:15:56 PM »
Gerard McGovern number 2.

McGovern was number 3. It was McParland.