Meath v Sligo, Sat July 1st - Pairc Tailteann, Navan, 6pm

Started by ck, June 20, 2017, 01:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 30, 2017, 01:31:21 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 30, 2017, 12:31:08 PM
I think I remember Seanie saying that one of the Cawleys is good for popping up and getting a goal. Which one of them it is?
Kyle who's listed at CHF, though Murphy should probably start there. He made a telling difference when coming on against Antrim but this obviously is a step up on that. At least McDonnell is back in even if has been enforced on Carew to do so.

Couldn't understand why McDonnell wasn't starting so far in the championship cause he is quality and showed this when he came on against us in Castlebar!!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 30, 2017, 02:22:17 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 30, 2017, 01:31:21 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 30, 2017, 12:31:08 PM
I think I remember Seanie saying that one of the Cawleys is good for popping up and getting a goal. Which one of them it is?
Kyle who's listed at CHF, though Murphy should probably start there. He made a telling difference when coming on against Antrim but this obviously is a step up on that. At least McDonnell is back in even if has been enforced on Carew to do so.

Couldn't understand why McDonnell wasn't starting so far in the championship cause he is quality and showed this when he came on against us in Castlebar!!
You, me and the rest of Sligo probably. Missed out on the NY game due to exams but Carew sticking with that team thereafter was mind boggling, though entirely in keeping with his tenure to date.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

sligoman2

Quote from: Syferus on June 30, 2017, 08:05:14 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 30, 2017, 06:05:08 PM
Will many Sligonians head east tomorrow?

Depends on when Rovers are playing.
Hey syf
I don't think the question was directed at Roscommon headers but I suppose that never stoppped you before.
For me I won't be going because  I'm in New York - expecting a close game
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Itchy

If Sligo had a more astute manager I'd put a few pound on them. Meath are totally over rated by the media which thinks that because they are Meath they should be favourites for games. I don't see a lot between these teams at all but I also think Carew is one of the GAAs greatest bluffers do home advantage may be enough for a narrow Meath win.

Jinxy

Should be a perfect evening for championship football.
Dry and cool.
Hoping for a 'backlash' from the Kildare game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Itchy on July 01, 2017, 10:40:23 AM
If Sligo had a more astute manager I'd put a few pound on them. Meath are totally over rated by the media which thinks that because they are Meath they should be favourites for games. I don't see a lot between these teams at all but I also think Carew is one of the GAAs greatest bluffers do home advantage may be enough for a narrow Meath win.
Yes on paper Sligo have the team to win this game but with Carew on the line they will probably find a way to lose the game.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 01, 2017, 02:41:49 PM
Yes on paper Sligo have the team to win this game but with Carew on the line they will probably find a way to lose the game.

Ye must be looking at different teams to the rest of us.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2017, 03:09:24 PM

Could you not just feck off somewhere.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on July 01, 2017, 03:44:02 PM

I'm curtious enough not to ask you the same.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2017, 03:45:31 PM

Look Syphilis, your predictions of results in football is atrocious. I am not sure why you are always picking on Sligo but I am fairly sure its people like you who have everyones arse sickened about Roscommon. You are not courteous, you are cunteous.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on July 01, 2017, 03:51:46 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2017, 03:45:31 PM

Look Syphilis, your predictions of results in football is atrocious. I am not sure why you are always picking on Sligo but I am fairly sure its people like you who have everyones arse sickened about Roscommon. You are not courteous, you are cunteous.

Playing the man rather than the ball means you lost all credibility before you hit Post. It's sad so many don't realise that. Learn to be a better person.

seafoid

Meath at the moment are not "Meath".
"Meath" used to mean never beaten until the last kick of the ball.
The last qualifier Meath won was in 2011.
Sligo could beat them.

thejuice

I don't know why this thing persists of Meath playing to the end and never beaten. It's a cliche that has been perpetuated by lazy analysts and pundits both professional and amateur. That Meath team haven't been in existence since probably 2002-2003. We've changed as has the game itself much over the years since then too but nobody seems to judge us on our current merits.

If the mood in the camp is right I suspect we'll win it much like the Louth game this year. Well put up a good score but still be a shaky at the back. But it could easily go the other way too.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016