Maigh Eo v Doire

Started by Tubberman, June 19, 2017, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 02, 2017, 06:14:07 PM
Quote from: mayo.mick on July 02, 2017, 05:41:29 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 01, 2017, 11:31:15 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on July 01, 2017, 11:27:09 PM

Our shooting in the 2nd half, dear oh dear. Paddy Durcan's point to bring it back to the minimum was the key score. Seemed to calm everyone down. Hopefully it's just a one game ban for him, anyone know for sure? In his defense, he was being held and was trying to break free. Still a red card though.

What was it for?

Striking generally tends to be a 1 match ban. Durcan would be a huge loss for Mayo right now as he's one of the few players in the side who has pace at the minute.

I'm sure Lenny will be along shortly now to be outraged at the behaviour of his men.

Correct, that's disgusting behaviour and i couldn't condone it at all even though he's a clubmate of my own. He should miss Derry's next 2 or 3 games for that.  It would be nice if you tyrone boys could condemn your disgusting behaviour when it occurs as it has done frequently over the years instead of your constant whataboutery.

highorlow

QuoteQuote
No, it seems according to you. Sure twas all the sending off, sure twill be grand the next day when we play with the full 15, twill be alright on the night

All but 4 Mayo posters are deluded here Blast.

Our goose is cooked unless SR has the balls to completely change things around (if he is let) in the next game.

Dropping SOS (use him as an impact rather than starting) and starting Coen in midfield is a start. Keeping Moran in reserve and starting either Loftus or COS (if fit). Dropping Donie (Donie might be needed for Higgins), starting Kirby.  Dropping Dillion (is the medium term plan to use Dillion this year?) from the panel and bringing in Akram or Cuniffe or some other speedy U21 from last years team. Starting Lee in his position and bringing in Boyle. Putting midfielders into midfield for the throw-ins.

If some (not all) of these changes aren't made then the first Div1 team we face will knock us out. My faith is gone so I don't believe these changes will be made. In fact the cynic in me predicts Hennelly will be back the next day and that will be the only unenforced change.

We can start planning for the electric picnic this year.

At least Rochford made some changes. Speed in the forwards is still our problem.

The cause of poor shooting is that we are shooting under pressure as we aren't quick enough or don't have the skill levels to take on our markers .
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on July 02, 2017, 08:16:11 PM

Our shooting in the 2nd half, dear oh dear. Paddy Durcan's point to bring it back to the minimum was the key score. Seemed to calm everyone down. Hopefully it's just a one game ban for him, anyone know for sure? In his defense, he was being held and was trying to break free. Still a red card though.

What was it for?

Striking generally tends to be a 1 match ban. Durcan would be a huge loss for Mayo right now as he's one of the few players in the side who has pace at the minute.

I'm sure Lenny will be along shortly now to be outraged at the behaviour of his men.

Correct, that's disgusting behaviour and i couldn't condone it at all even though he's a clubmate of my own. He should miss Derry's next 2 or 3 games for that.  It would be nice if you tyrone boys could condemn your disgusting behaviour when it occurs as it has done frequently over the years instead of your constant whataboutery.

Bit rich when you failed to condemn Enda Lynn after his dive 3 years ago.

macdanger2

Quote from: highorlow on July 02, 2017, 08:37:05 PM
QuoteQuote
No, it seems according to you. Sure twas all the sending off, sure twill be grand the next day when we play with the full 15, twill be alright on the night

Our goose is cooked unless SR has the balls to completely change things around (if he is let) in the next game.

Dropping SOS (use him as an impact rather than starting) and starting Coen in midfield is a start. Keeping Moran in reserve and starting either Loftus or COS (if fit). Dropping Donie (Donie might be needed for Higgins), starting Kirby.  Dropping Dillion (is the medium term plan to use Dillion this year?) from the panel and bringing in Akram or Cuniffe or some other speedy U21 from last years team. Starting Lee in his position and bringing in Boyle. Putting midfielders into midfield for the throw-ins.

If some (not all) of these changes aren't made then the first Div1 team we face will knock us out. My faith is gone so I don't believe these changes will be made. In fact the cynic in me predicts Hennelly will be back the next day and that will be the only unenforced change.

At least Rochford made some changes. Speed in the forwards is still our problem.

The cause of poor shooting is that we are shooting under pressure as we aren't quick enough or don't have the skill levels to take on our markers .

Not sure I'd agree with that, some of the shots we missed were under no pressure in great positions. Dunno if it was pressure or lack of belief or what

moysider

QuoteQuote

Agree. You usually find that if a team's approach work is good - good quick offloads and support running and putting a man into space around the scoring area - the scores come. Also getting the most accurate players taking on the shots. One of the problems playing Coen and Vaughan at 10/12 is that they are likely to be on the end of things and taking shots on. Their susses rate is what. 50% at best from relatively easy chances. Doherty, McLoughlin (even if he had a nightmare shooting yesterday) and Diarmuid better options in those positions in every way imo. 
If we go with Seamie and Tom in midfield we are going to struggle to get pace and balance into the forwards. You need to go with 6 from Doc, Diarmuid , Andy, Cillian, Loftus, Kevin Mac and Aidan.
Personally I d go with;
                                         Seamie         Parsons
                                   Kevin Mac   Cillian      Diarmuid
                                                     Aidan
                                           Andy            Loftus

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 02, 2017, 08:46:03 PM

What was it for?

Typical from the man who couldn't condemn mccann for his disgusting theatrical playacting. I've said it before and i'll say it again, the lynn incident wasn't clear at all from the tv coverage and the angles shown. He also didn't go to ground, he went down on one knee, completely different from mccanns repulsive actions.

whitey

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 02, 2017, 08:47:40 PM
QuoteQuote

Not sure I'd agree with that, some of the shots we missed were under no pressure in great positions. Dunno if it was pressure or lack of belief or what

FFS.....did you see McLaughlin.  30 yards out from goal and no one within a mile of him and him looking around for someone to pass to...,then kicked the fvckin thing wide

galwayman

I've never really understood the talk about Stephen Coen all the way up from underage.
I've seen him play a fair few times now and he never really impressed me.
He seemed to lack a bit of pace and dynamism from the half back line to my eyes anyway.
Keegan Boyle Durcan are all much better players than him so he's not worthy of a spot there.
Playing him then as a forward was a bizarre decision.
Rochford has made a lot of strange calls in his time in charge so far.

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on July 02, 2017, 09:00:36 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 02, 2017, 08:47:40 PM
QuoteQuote

FFS.....did you see McLaughlin.  30 yards out from goal and no one within a mile of him and him looking around for someone to pass to...,then kicked the fvckin thing wide
McLoughlin is a flaky liberal.  Mayo need a few evangelicals who can kick points.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on July 02, 2017, 09:00:03 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 02, 2017, 08:46:03 PM

What was it for?

Typical from the man who couldn't condemn mccann for his disgusting theatrical playacting. I've said it before and i'll say it again, the lynn incident wasn't clear at all from the tv coverage and the angles shown. He also didn't go to ground, he went down on one knee, completely different from mccanns repulsive actions.

Well that's a lie. I've condemned McCann in the past for his dive, all it served to do was embarrass himself. You have been asked to condemn Lynn previously and decided not to, your faux outrage was noted and pedaling untruths is your response.

Randy

Quote from: moysider on July 02, 2017, 08:10:18 PM
I'd play Cillian at 11 (we badly need a playmaker) and play a quick player like Loftus with Andy inside.  When Andy tires move Cillian in to ff.

i think Loftus would be perfect at 11. See that pass to cillian. He is very accurate and rarely wastes possession. The only concern I have is that he doesn't demand the ball enough. He's a wee bit lazy aswell and I think that might be part of the reason he isn't playing as much. I remember an incident in this years league game again Roscommon. We were 6-7 points up and his marker ran up the field and am am was roaring at him to track back.

From the Bunker

Ciaran Whelan has said about ten times now that Paddy Durcan will get a Month Ban for his Red Card! Is it a Month Ban or a One game Ban? And is Whelan playing silly beggars? Also some one tell Dessie Dolan that there was not 7 or 8 of that 2006 under 21 team playing in the first half yesterday there was 3!

macdanger2

Just watched the match back there, jesus some of our shooting was unbelievably bad - McLoughlin, parsons, coen & Durcan in particular. Around 53 mins, McLoughlin was running through, maybe 35m out, made to pass off to Boyle, checked, looked for another pass, nothing on so he had a pop and missed - as Tierney said, shooting seemed to be his last option. Considering the point he scored in the dying minutes in Omagh, lack of technique is not the problem.

Coen won a huge amount of kick outs, it was a clear strategy for most of our backs to pull left and coen break from deep to receive the kickout. I think he won 7-8 like that. His shooting was poor though and general play only so so.

Mcfaul's loose free kick over the sideline on around 67 mins leading directly to Durcan's point was a big turning point.

We missed some amount of goal chances, COC missed 4, Andy another 2 - at least 3 of those were clear cut.

Clarke was badly at fault for the goal, should have taken man or ball, very unlike him.

Keegan should be moved to the wing, we miss his influence going forward and our centre seems to be wide open, I don't think he's used to marking space that's needed for 6. Boyle, Vaughan or coen (long term) all better options imo.

macdanger2

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 02, 2017, 11:46:55 PM
Ciaran Whelan has said about ten times now that Paddy Durcan will get a Month Ban for his Red Card! Is it a Month Ban or a One game Ban? And is Whelan playing silly beggars? Also some one tell Dessie Dolan that there was not 7 or 8 of that 2006 under 21 team playing in the first half yesterday there was 3!

I'm fairly sure it falls under the rule below unless there's something else but I couldn't see anything relevant when I checked

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 01, 2017, 11:44:15 PM
One match ban I'd say for a category 3 offence:

Category III Infractions 5.15    To strike or to attempt to strike an opponent with arm, elbow, hand or knee.

Category III (i)  (ii)  Minimum -  A  One Match Suspension in the same Code and at the same Level, applicable to the next game in the same Competition, even if that game occurs in the following year.

Taylor

Mayo's shooting was absolutely terrible and should have had the game out of sight.
Was only going to be one winner once it went to ET.

The photo of the gouging looks terrible.

Whelan is acting the bollix after what happened to DC. Would be some craic if Rochford came out with a bleating statement and introduced a media ban as Durcan's good name had been besmirched.