Cavan vs. Monaghan - Sunday June 11th - Breffni (el clasico)

Started by GrandMasterFlash, June 05, 2017, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Niall Carew, Sligos Muppet Manager had this to say about the game...

As for Monaghan and Cavan, Carew believes the purists will have to avert their gaze from this one.

"I think that's probably the game that will end up in a draw. Monaghan, the way they play, will always give you a chance to stay in the game.

"Cavan were in Division 1, they won't fear Monaghan. I think tactically it will be horrendous to watch. But both managers won't care if they got over the line. Monaghan are on the road a while. I think Cavan might be due a win but it might stick with the draw for the value."

Funnily, Sligo are pretty horrendous to watch every match. Carew should spend more time coaching than talking crap.

JoG2

Breffni men instructed to go ground with the slightest of touches?

manfromdelmonte

manfromdelmonte

surely that was a free to Cavan
pushed Seanie in the face

Throw ball

Quote from: Carbery on June 11, 2017, 02:26:06 PM
McManus is a REAL diver.

Sadly in GAA this is becoming the norm. Watch Jamie Clarke last week trying to say on his feet, get battered and not get a free . Referees like Neilan give frees for damn all so diving pays off.

yellowcard

Beggan must be the best kicker of a ball off the ground in the country now. Unbelievable kick.

Syferus

Quote from: Throw ball on June 11, 2017, 02:34:47 PM
McManus is a REAL diver.

Sadly in GAA this is becoming the norm. Watch Jamie Clarke last week trying to say on his feet, get battered and not get a free . Referees like Neilan give frees for damn all so diving pays off.

Excellent ref.

Hound

Jaysus, i hate Ger Canning. Replay showed about 10 times that McManus didnt touch that Duffy shot, but each time he just got more convinced it was a McManus point.

Gael85

McManus is a REAL diver.

He's some man to win a free. Jack McCarron hits the floor easily too.

GalwayBayBoy

Monaghan player just did a John Terry and tried to header the ball on the ground.

Captain Obvious

Good game between two well organized and matched teams. Some excellent scores from play and frees in difficult conditions.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 11, 2017, 03:15:41 PM
Good game between two well organized and matched teams. Some excellent scores from play and frees in difficult conditions.

'Organized'.

Defensive Ulsterball is what everyone else calls it. Hopefully Cavan can sneak it.

Captain Obvious

Wildweasel74

Great goal by Mcmanus then he goes do a Tieran McCann, county men got no morals at all these days, try to get anybody sent off for nothing. Just another in a long line of divers we got in the sport at the minute.