Tyrone v Donegal - Sunday 18th June at 2pm

Started by Fuzzman, May 29, 2017, 10:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: skeog on June 04, 2017, 09:29:29 PM
Donegal were on camp in the Lough Erne resort for the weekend.Imagine if Mickey decided the same wee trip to Cartron House uproar would ensue.

It would??

Fuzzman

His wife's family own it I think.
Any injuries from the weekend?

the goal was on

Doengal league games went ahead at weekend but teams were forced to play without county men though a few fringe players played in games that were not deemed starred fixtures. Dont think tyrone clubs would put up with this nor should they as its outside 13 day rule. in fairness to mickey and tyrone this year they have adhered to rules alongside county committe. If all counties done same there would be less issues and a fairer playing field for all. Reflection of the clubs in donegal that its allowed to happen.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: the goal was on on June 05, 2017, 03:07:39 PM
Doengal league games went ahead at weekend but teams were forced to play without county men though a few fringe players played in games that were not deemed starred fixtures. Dont think tyrone clubs would put up with this nor should they as its outside 13 day rule. in fairness to mickey and tyrone this year they have adhered to rules alongside county committe. If all counties done same there would be less issues and a fairer playing field for all. Reflection of the clubs in donegal that its allowed to happen.

In Tyrone if even one fringe county player is eligible to play then everyone is eligible.  Everyone in the squad is treated equally that's perhaps why we have seen some fringe players leave the county setup in favour of the clubs.  I have to say that the club season has run very well to date with county men playing 7 out of the 8 games to date.  Club players seem happier as well that their not being messed about without football.
Living the dream!!!

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 05, 2017, 03:19:53 PM
Quote from: the goal was on on June 05, 2017, 03:07:39 PM

In Tyrone if even one fringe county player is eligible to play then everyone is eligible.  Everyone in the squad is treated equally that's perhaps why we have seen some fringe players leave the county setup in favour of the clubs.  I have to say that the club season has run very well to date with county men playing 7 out of the 8 games to date.  Club players seem happier as well that their not being messed about without football.
Club season running well in Donegal as well with county players playing in 7 out of 9 games to date. Club players getting plenty of games in the summer months which is only right.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Fuzzman

It's all gone very quiet again regarding this game. Are both camps just keeping their cards very close to their chests?

Where do people see this game being won and lost or will it be very similar to last year with lots of shadow boxing and just keeping it tight into the final 1/4 of the game.
Why did Paddy McBrearty not start the last day?

I see in the Donegal Democrat that Brian McEniff reckons he should play Hugh McFadden in the FF line as a big man to support McBrearty.

If Tyrone win they will feel last year was their turning point over Donegal whereas Donegal will be out to prove it was just a blip. No doubt Monaghan will be very keen observers.

stew

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 07, 2017, 03:22:36 PM
It's all gone very quiet again regarding this game. Are both camps just keeping their cards very close to their chests?

Where do people see this game being won and lost or will it be very similar to last year with lots of shadow boxing and just keeping it tight into the final 1/4 of the game.
Why did Paddy McBrearty not start the last day?

I see in the Donegal Democrat that Brian McEniff reckons he should play Hugh McFadden in the FF line as a big man to support McBrearty.

If Tyrone win they will feel last year was their turning point over Donegal whereas Donegal will be out to prove it was just a blip. No doubt Monaghan will be very keen observers.

I have always loved Donegal and have a place in Buncrana, I hope they destroy the bogmen on the 18th of this month and further hope they or Monaghan go on to win Ulster.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Dire Ear

R Donnelly, McCarron and Justy all fit.  McNamee seems to be only injury for Tyrone

Fuzzman

Presume you mean McNabb not McNamee.

Would be good to see Richie Donnelly get a good run with no injuries to see what level he can get to.
Is well able to shoot from outside the blanket area which will be needed in most big games.

Dire Ear

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 09, 2017, 10:26:15 AM
Presume you mean McNabb not McNamee.

Would be good to see Richie Donnelly get a good run with no injuries to see what level he can get to.
Is well able to shoot from outside the blanket area which will be needed in most big games.
Yes, sorry.....6 weeks for McNabb?
Agree on Richie, could be a big man for the last 10 mins

Fuzzman

Just wondering what did most of ye think about the Ulster final last year?

Did you enjoy it as a tight close game as Mickey Harte said or did you not enjoy it at all?
Obviously the Tyrone fans will have enjoyed the final 5-10 mins but most people I would imagine hate watching that cagey defence style of a game but some people do find it intriguing.

All this talk about Tyrone not scoring many goals concerns some people but I really believe they have strategically decided not to waste good point scoring chances by going for goals as there are so many defenders in that area now.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 09, 2017, 11:27:01 AM
All this talk about Tyrone not scoring many goals concerns some people but I really believe they have strategically decided not to waste good point scoring chances by going for goals as there are so many defenders in that area now.

In 2015 out of 63 championship games played, there were only 3 games where the side that scored less goals than the opposition won.

Not sure what the figure is for last year but I'd imagine that it is fairly similar.

I find it hard to buy the notion that this is a strategic decision by Tyrone.

I think it is a by-product of their overall defensive approach to the game.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 09, 2017, 06:55:59 PM

In 2015 out of 63 championship games played, there were only 3 games where the side that scored less goals than the opposition won.

Not sure what the figure is for last year but I'd imagine that it is fairly similar.

I find it hard to buy the notion that this is a strategic decision by Tyrone.

I think it is a by-product of their overall defensive approach to the game.

I think it's a confidence in how they feel they can shut out teams.

While some people may not enjoy the way Tyrone set out, it's very effective and the only thing that has cost them from being successful in the past few years has been wastefulness in front of the posts. They blew 3 or 4 excellent goal chances against Kerry, had the only goal chance of the game against Mayo last year and kicked a number of really poor wides they should have been nailing against Mayo. If you look at the league game against Dublin and Mayo this year, they also kicked both of those games away with poor wides.

On a tactics perspective I believe our gameplan has worked against the big sides but we haven't had that conviction or clinical quality in the final third to take advantage of the opportunities.

We're talking very small margins here and I'd be hopeful it might come together for us in front of the posts in one of those big games this year.

J70

Just wondering what did most of ye think about the Ulster final last year?

Did you enjoy it as a tight close game as Mickey Harte said or did you not enjoy it at all?
Obviously the Tyrone fans will have enjoyed the final 5-10 mins but most people I would imagine hate watching that cagey defence style of a game but some people do find it intriguing.

I didn't enjoy it. We just couldn't function up front in the second half, as it just kind of felt inevitable all through the second half that Tyrone would ultimately edge it. I'd imagine it was similar to how Tyrone felt against us in 2011, 2012 and 2013 when our defense just strangled Tyrone in the second half.

Even when Toye edged us in front in injury time, I just wasn't feeling good about the game (I think it would have been an undeserved win had we hung on, in contrast to the previous year's final when I was banging my head against the wall with our second half dominance but utter inability to find the target). Pure frustration. But that's as someone with a vested interest in the outcome.