Author Topic: Hurling Championship 2017  (Read 43275 times)

StGallsGAA

• View Profile
Re: Hurling Championship 2017
« Reply #660 on: September 03, 2017, 08:54:42 PM »
Who do people think will get motm? For me there was no standout performance from Galway, they shared the scoring, few solid performances in defence and the subs made a big impact. Could go to any of about 5/6, I'll take a stab with conor cooney just for scoring 3 from play 2 outrageous and winning his fair share of ball.

I took Canning at 11/2 so hope to f**k its him! :)

Kilkevan

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 03, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »
Congrats to Galway. Were the better team from the start and were taking fantastic points all day. Thought it was an enthralling game and Waterford put in a huge effort to make a game of it when Galway took off like they were going to run away with it. There was a period mid way through second half when Waterford looked like they could win but they changed tactics and became one dimensional. Has to be heatbreaking to their supporters and players. As a team they've given us some great performances this year and over last 10 years.

Congratulations to all from Galway (apart from the poison rat). Ye deserved it this year. Best team in the country since the league final. Was great to see a set of supporters who it meant so much to win it. A bit of that vibe has gone out of Kilkenny recently and a couple of years without will serve to make people hungry again.

Now for the poison rat... Instead of fixating on Kilkenny as the condom split mistake that you are, enjoy tonight and be a Galway supporter for once rather than a Kilkenny hater... Also, try to learn a bit about hurling over the next six months instead of coming out with dicksplats about how Galway are going to hammer teams, believe they'll win yes but don't be such an embarrassment to your parents by claiming they're going to beat teams out of the gate... Your poor mammy and daddy have suffered enough shock with the faulty French letter, the disappointment of pregnancy and the desperation of the nurse not f**king you out of the window... Oh and before you think the Cats are gone... We've the ladies next week and I reckon we have a fair chance of two in a row!
3 more to collect the bet.

Jaysus ChrisHT

Galway didn't need to hammer them. They didn't need to scaoil amach an bobailin.

No, but you claimed they would hammer them making yourself look quite the tool.

You have been very brave about the bet, well except naming your price...

Love the way you ignore the camogie though. Personally I reckon it's cause you're a frustrated virgin... You should be out on the town tonight... You never know... You might get lucky... But at least try to hold your load until you're actually inside or you'll end up blowing it like Joe did so many times until tonight... That or you're a misogynist who doesn't count women's sports even though they have just as much right to be counted as men's... Tell us how much it would sting to see the Cats do two in a row in the year our men went back a bit, ye finally got over the line, but our women continued to fill the void?

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 03, 2017, 09:37:52 PM »
Congrats to Galway. Were the better team from the start and were taking fantastic points all day. Thought it was an enthralling game and Waterford put in a huge effort to make a game of it when Galway took off like they were going to run away with it. There was a period mid way through second half when Waterford looked like they could win but they changed tactics and became one dimensional. Has to be heatbreaking to their supporters and players. As a team they've given us some great performances this year and over last 10 years.

Congratulations to all from Galway (apart from the poison rat). Ye deserved it this year. Best team in the country since the league final. Was great to see a set of supporters who it meant so much to win it. A bit of that vibe has gone out of Kilkenny recently and a couple of years without will serve to make people hungry again.

Now for the poison rat... Instead of fixating on Kilkenny as the condom split mistake that you are, enjoy tonight and be a Galway supporter for once rather than a Kilkenny hater... Also, try to learn a bit about hurling over the next six months instead of coming out with dicksplats about how Galway are going to hammer teams, believe they'll win yes but don't be such an embarrassment to your parents by claiming they're going to beat teams out of the gate... Your poor mammy and daddy have suffered enough shock with the faulty French letter, the disappointment of pregnancy and the desperation of the nurse not f**king you out of the window... Oh and before you think the Cats are gone... We've the ladies next week and I reckon we have a fair chance of two in a row!
3 more to collect the bet.

Jaysus ChrisHT

Galway didn't need to hammer them. They didn't need to scaoil amach an bobailin.

No, but you claimed they would hammer them making yourself look quite the tool.

You have been very brave about the bet, well except naming your price...

Love the way you ignore the camogie though. Personally I reckon it's cause you're a frustrated virgin... You should be out on the town tonight... You never know... You might get lucky... But at least try to hold your load until you're actually inside or you'll end up blowing it like Joe did so many times until tonight... That or you're a misogynist who doesn't count women's sports even though they have just as much right to be counted as men's... Tell us how much it would sting to see the Cats do two in a row in the year our men went back a bit, ye finally got over the line, but our women continued to fill the void?
hurling thread, not camogie

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #663 on: September 03, 2017, 09:51:46 PM »
The ref's throw balls were a loada shite. He just threw it at the 1st man who turned up to contest it.

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 03, 2017, 09:55:35 PM »
I thought Daviv Burke was MOTM. 4 points from play, and drove Galway on a lot. A Captain's performance.

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 03, 2017, 09:57:38 PM »
I thought Daviv Burke was MOTM. 4 points from play, and drove Galway on a lot. A Captain's performance.

Yeah you can't look past him
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 03, 2017, 10:52:49 PM »
Really hope Waterford win this.

How'd that go?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

INDIANA

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 03, 2017, 10:53:46 PM »

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 03, 2017, 11:09:32 PM »
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 03, 2017, 11:18:05 PM »
Waterford had no chance without another tour de force from Gleeson and he just didn't have it today. Fully deserved from Galway and Waterford will be back.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

straightred

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 03, 2017, 11:32:57 PM »
Waterford had no chance without another tour de force from Gleeson and he just didn't have it today. Fully deserved from Galway and Waterford will be back.

When they got ahead in the 2nd half i thought they might just do it. Needed to push on at that time but couldn't. Small margins

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 03, 2017, 11:35:30 PM »
Delighted for Galway Hurling. Hopefully we get to see Liam in our Small Hurling Club in Mayo! Heart goes out to Waterford - it's not easy!
Hard on them alright. Would have loved to see them win.
Galway always looked liked they had enough to win imo even when Waterford went a point up.
Didn't think it was a classic or anything myself but decent enough game.

Gold

• talk is cheap but it takes money to buy hot dogs..
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 03, 2017, 11:38:41 PM »
Who got sunday Game mom?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 03, 2017, 11:39:18 PM »
David Burke

Declan

• View Profile