all ireland football qualifiers 2017.

Started by cornetto, April 19, 2017, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: Zulu on July 15, 2017, 07:44:40 PM
Each to their own but I don't find a team hand passing across their own 45, poor wides, little or no kicking and pot shots from 50m intriguing. It's barely watchable IMO. I understand Carlow have to do what they can to progress but it's awful to watch. Monaghan are also running very poor angles and seem to be only able to play in front of Carlow and hope to kick from distance. Football by tactic board.

You are consistent in your view i give you that. Give me this type of competitive game any day of the week than some turkey shoot whereby the defeated side defends poorly throughout.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Fear ón Srath Bán

Monaghan are actually fairly shite. Keep 'er colourful Carlow! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Shamrock Shore

Monaghan very flat. Carlow are playing as good as a Div 4 team can play. If Carlow win this will be far worse than last year.

Rossfan

Monaghan absolutely dire.
Carlow are as they are and just might win it!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublin7

Monaghan should be down to 14 men. Brendan Murphy taken out wh an elbow to the face after giving a pass. If he'd stayed down ref would have had to deal with it.

manfromdelmonte

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Zulu

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 15, 2017, 08:05:58 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 15, 2017, 07:44:40 PM
Each to their own but I don't find a team hand passing across their own 45, poor wides, little or no kicking and pot shots from 50m intriguing. It's barely watchable IMO. I understand Carlow have to do what they can to progress but it's awful to watch. Monaghan are also running very poor angles and seem to be only able to play in front of Carlow and hope to kick from distance. Football by tactic board.

You are consistent in your view i give you that. Give me this type of competitive game any day of the week than some turkey shoot whereby the defeated side defends poorly throughout.

Like I say, if you enjoy it then more power to you but if this game was common we could just play 10 minute games to give everyone a punchers chance.

Zulu

Buttofthehill

Monaghan arn't designed to play against a defensive team

seafoid

So its Armagh v the Dubs next in the clubhouse of Orior's golf coursenb

Blowitupref

55 mins gone Carlow 1-6 Monaghan 0-7 like i already said intriguing contest.

dublin7

Monaghan really lacking in leadership. The sub McCarthy only one showing in the forwards. A lot of players hiding. Fatigue kicking in for carlow

Blowitupref

Level again good response to the goal conceded by Monaghan. 61 mins gone Carlow 1-6 Monaghan 0-9

manfromdelmonte

Monaghan finally pushing up on kickouts, Carlow are going to struggle