?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

theticklemister

JoG2

This threads had a humour bypass of late!

Whilst it was a very defensive cagey affair, the Vale Steelstown game was a good old battle. Vale never really recovered from the very slow start, 1-03 I think to no score. Forrester drove them home, an inspirational footballer.

restorepride

Quote from: JoG2 on September 27, 2020, 10:00:53 AM
This threads had a humour bypass of late!

Whilst it was a very defensive cagey affair, the Vale Steelstown game was a good old battle. Vale never really recovered from the very slow start, 1-03 I think to no score. Forrester drove them home, an inspirational footballer.

Agreed, although it was 1-2 to no score - just saying like!   Steelstown do have a number of very young, talented forwards who will do damage if they get room - which Vale didn't give them last night, apart from the start. Steelstown have never won the championship so 2020 could be a big chance!   Castledawson have beaten them twice in finals and could be there again though I slightly fancy Greenlough for win today.

By the way, there is a new foclóir just published, Pádraig Ó Mianáin as Doire, a must buy for all clubs!!   Especially clubs who need a tickle!!

theticklemister

Just seen Spurs conceded late on there.

Anyway, it sounded very cagey indeed for those lads from the Steelstown club who play the Gaelic Football.

Me da said it was tight indeed. But we got over it and now have the final next weekend. I hope it doesn't clash with a Premiership game.

Looking forward to the game tonight. Fancy Slaughtneil by 7

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Steelstown should be good enough to win it this year. On paper anyhow. But championship is a different animal.

OakLeaf

Just heard that the Slaughtmanus under 16 manager came onto the field and struck one of the Greenlough players, and then when challenged, struck another. He should never be allowed in a GAA ground again.

Bronco

He sounds quite civil for a Slaughtmanus man to be fair.

Keyser soze

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 25, 2020, 08:12:46 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on September 25, 2020, 04:34:53 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 25, 2020, 04:05:55 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on September 25, 2020, 03:53:57 PM
See both the senior games this weekend moved from Celtic park to Bellaghy, must be unplayable.

Aye dead on

Heh?

It's a Derry City phrase when you can see through someone's attempt at limply trying to throw mud

Aw right,  So why use it in this instance?

oakleaflad

Slaughtneil looked a class above yesterday. Should be a good final. Intermediate likewise. And Junior has the best 4 teams left too. Hard to beat club football.

I don't think 'dead on' is solely a Derry City phrase

On the underage coach incident, I have no idea what happened but underage coaches get far to invested in winning at all costs in our county (and probably others). It's an absolute shame to see. Some coaches, who I have no doubt are otherwise civil people, completely lose the run of themselves during underage games.

Rawhide

Slaughtneil looked very impressive yesterday, but I thought Ballinderry were clueless. Slaughneil had a clear attacking strategy, getting width, moving the ball quickly either by hand or short foot passes. By contrast Ballinderry was all individual stuff, no pattern to what they were trying to do, the hoofing into the square for the final 15 minutes was brutal. They are better than that and I would think there will be alot of sole searching into how poorly they looked.

I expect Slaughtneil to win against Magherafelt
cccc is a true supporter lol

Franko

Quote from: Keyser soze on September 28, 2020, 09:56:34 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 25, 2020, 08:12:46 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on September 25, 2020, 04:34:53 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 25, 2020, 04:05:55 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on September 25, 2020, 03:53:57 PM
See both the senior games this weekend moved from Celtic park to Bellaghy, must be unplayable.

Aye dead on

Heh?

It's a Derry City phrase when you can see through someone's attempt at limply trying to throw mud

Aw right,  So why use it in this instance?

Our city folk get very edgy if you don't subscribe to notions regarding the infallibility of the CP surface.

theticklemister

The bookies have Slaughtneil -3 and Steelstown and Greenlough at evs.

Slaughtneil will find a hell of a lot less space that they did yesterday; whilst I thought Greenlough would have started favourites.

Should be a great day of sitting in front of the television on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

Saynotodrugs

The magherafelt v slaughtneil final will not be a good match because it will be low scoring and defensive no free flowing football will be played! Mainly due to magherafelt being ultra defensive! Also I watched the Ballinderry v slaughtneil game and the best player Ballinderry had was also the biggest tr*mp they had from spitting + diving Mc kinless No.3! That boy needs neutered or something to calm him down,a real sc**bag!

Estimator

Loup
13 scorers in total
2 players scored 20pts or more:
Anthony O'Neill 3-28 (0-23f); Caolan Devlin 0-20 (0-11f, 0-1m)
1 player scored 10pts or more:
Ciaran Devlin 2-05
2 players scored in every game
Anthony O'Neill & Caolan Devlin
9 goals scored in total
3/14 scorers only scored once
Average Points per game – 15   

Ballinderry
13 scorers in total
1 players scored 30pts or more:
Ryan Bell 3-26 (0-17f)
1 player scored 10pts or more:
Conor O'Neill 2-08 (14)
1 player scored in every game
Ryan Bell
8 goals scored in total
4/12 scorers only scored once
Average Points per game – 14

Newbridge
3/11 scorers only scored once

Dungiven
5/14 scorers only scored once

Bellaghy
3/11 scorers only scored once

Claudy
2/11 scorers only scored once

Lavey
4/9 scorers only scored once

Foreglen
1/7 scorers only scored once

Banagher
1/9 scorers only scored once

Kilrea
4/9 scorers only scored once

Glen
4/14 scorers only scored once

Ballinascreen
6/15 scorers only scored once

Swatragh
7/14 scorers only scored once

Coleraine
7/14 scorers only scored once

Added in stats about those players who only scored once - goal or point.  Just to show how many are carrying the burden of all the scores.
Ulster League Champions 2009