?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

robbiegael

Will it ever end

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 03, 2019, 09:46:13 PM
Quote from: Will it ever end on September 03, 2019, 08:56:13 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 03, 2019, 08:33:45 PM
More to the point what's O'Kane sprouting this all in the papers and not let it be dealt internally between the County board and the clubs at the meeting. Good to know the pound signs for the paper come before been a Derry Supporter.

I'd ordinarily agree with you on the O Kane element Wildweasel but I do feel he's justified in calling a lot of this out & is obviously being asked to or fed information from Kieran McKeever or others who are frustrated. 

The statement by the county board released to the Irish news was very pointed

I do wonder like a poster above what would Gallagher get involved with all this nonsense for - the money can't be that significant compared to a good club job with far less politics.

In terms of money, does a package usually cover all backroom staff in the management team or is it manager only? I heard the amount and its not a pittance.
Wonder how we finance it.....

Generally happy with the appointment, best of what was on offer in my opinion.
The whole process, however, was a sham.
CB needs to be more open and honest with clubs. They'd get a lot more respect if they had said from the outset to the clubs they have a preferred candidate but we're also seeking nominationa to ensure they got the best option. Then enter into the selection process with a panel as already discussed with no pre determined choice.

Good luck to the new management team.
Good luck to CB in regaining the trust of clubs.

Figures generally quoted are a full backroom team cost but I'd hazard a guess that from November onwards you'd be forking out:

Gallagher - £200 per night
Meenagh - £150 per night
Muldoon - £100 per night
S&C - £100 per night
2 physios - £150 per night
GK coach - £80 per night
Additional team - £300 per night

All in circa £1k per night - £3k per week - if they got July football this year - £108k

I'd of thought that would be in line with most counties & certainly not totally out of sync where club football is currently at with the exception of the extended backroom team.

robbiegael

Rory Gallagher has been named the new Derry senior football manager after being ratified at a County Board meeting in Owenbeg on Tuesday night.

The former Fermanagh and Donegal boss will be charged with continuing the rebuilding job started by Damian McErlain and, like his predecessor, will be given a three year term to be reviewed annually.

It wasn't all plain sailing for Gallagher though with the decision taken to vote before delegates approved his appointment on a 24-15 count. Gallagher will come with a strong looking backroom team of Ballinderry and Derry legend, Enda Muldoon, and former Tyrone player Ciaran Meenagh.

"Following tonight's meeting of Coiste Chontae Dhoire, Derry GAA are pleased to announce the senior football management team for the incoming year," read a statement from the County Board.

"All-Ireland winning coach Rory Gallagher has been appointed on a three year term, and will lead an experienced management team which includes All-Ireland club winner and former Derry All-Star footballer, Enda Muldoon, alongside Ciaran Meenagh who worked with our senior footballers during the 2019 season.

"We wish both management team and playing panel best of luck for the 2020 season."

https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/rory-gallagher-confirmed-as-new-derry-manager-1-9058443

tbrick18

Quote from: theticklemister on September 03, 2019, 09:52:09 PM
Quote from: restorepride on September 03, 2019, 09:49:02 PM
More to the point what's O'Kane sprouting this all in the papers and not let it be dealt internally between the County board and the clubs at the meeting. Good to know the pound signs for the paper come before been a Derry Supporter.
+ 10. Think his latest contribution will not even sit well with more mature journalists or with Irish News. Trying too hard. Getting too personal.

Je lads he's got you talking.... if he didn't write that, we wouldn't have a fecking clue what was going on.

I think fair play to him. He's had the balls to actually call out the county board....the exact same thing most of us are doing.
It was an honest article and portrayed the frustration he obviously feels with the CB too.

the goal was on

Bigger news tonight derry signed a 3 year deal with Coca Cola . Rory g reckons gonna be a big help going forward

tbrick18

Quote from: the goal was on on September 03, 2019, 10:57:32 PM
Bigger news tonight derry signed a 3 year deal with Coca Cola . Rory g reckons gonna be a big help going forward

Ah, there's where the money comes from.
That's a hell of a sponsor however they managed that.

restorepride

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 03, 2019, 10:50:54 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on September 03, 2019, 09:52:09 PM
+ 10. Think his latest contribution will not even sit well with more mature journalists or with Irish News. Trying too hard. Getting too personal.

Je lads he's got you talking.... if he didn't write that, we wouldn't have a fecking clue what was going on.

I think fair play to him. He's had the balls to actually call out the county board....the exact same thing most of us are doing.
It was an honest article and portrayed the frustration he obviously feels with the CB too.
Honest but not sure of accuracy. Too "gossipy". You would think the CB was the enemy! They are Gaels who have given much of their lives to the GAA, at club level also. We all know who votes them in, let's see who votes them out! Not the first really negative article about Derry GAA either. Never forget the bowl you were baked in!

Glenman93

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 03, 2019, 11:01:06 PM

Bit slow getting that one, tbrick?

Wildweasel74

The word legal and proof come to mind

tbrick18

Quote from: Glenman93 on September 03, 2019, 11:55:34 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on September 03, 2019, 11:01:06 PM

Bit slow getting that one, tbrick?

Face-palm moment. Lol

BackInTheGame

RG wouldn't have been my choice but he's there now and to be honest I think he's a pretty good manager. As long as we don't play the absolute dirge he had Fermanagh playing at times we might do ok.

He should at least shore up the defence. I'd be happy enough to play a wee bit more defensively if it means that bang-average forwards no longer have a direct route to our goal whenever they feel like it.

screenexile

Quote from: BackInTheGame on September 04, 2019, 10:36:16 AM
RG wouldn't have been my choice but he's there now and to be honest I think he's a pretty good manager. As long as we don't play the absolute dirge he had Fermanagh playing at times we might do ok.

He should at least shore up the defence. I'd be happy enough to play a wee bit more defensively if it means that bang-average forwards no longer have a direct route to our goal whenever they feel like it.

+1!!!

Don't know much about Gallagher but willing to give him a chance. Meenagh is brilliant and Muldoon is one of our best ever forwards so I'm sure he has plenty to offer. We need another promotion this year as a minimum so let's hope we can do it.

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on September 04, 2019, 10:51:36 AM

+1!!!

Don't know much about Gallagher but willing to give him a chance. Meenagh is brilliant and Muldoon is one of our best ever forwards so I'm sure he has plenty to offer. We need another promotion this year as a minimum so let's hope we can do it.

Wouldn't have been my choice either, but now he's in, he'll get my support. Derry is more than the county manager. He has said Derry will be setup differently to the ultra blanket deployed by Fermanagh, but only time will tell. He's the manager and will setup how he sees fit I suppose
Promotion from Div 3 will depend greatly on how Slaughtneil do in the club championship

Hopefully we're off the back pages of the Irish News until the county games resumes in 2020

oakleafgael

Quote from: screenexile on September 04, 2019, 10:51:36 AM

+1!!!

Genuine question, whats that based on? His coaching in St Colms?

oakleafgael

That's balls on both of your points. He is simply doing his job.