?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

restorepride

Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2018, 11:01:00 PM
I think I remember a time on this board when Slaughtneil were not thought very highly of by many Derry posters. They were often described (at least, I inferred) as an uncooth bundle of scummy hoors with a history of indiscipline.
Then, upon winning Derry championships, this dislike died a death, replaced with "the darlings of Ireland" - a community we should all aspire to. And probably fairly so.
I wonder is it a case of Slaughtneil people being grand as long as they're winning or are people waiting to jump back on the hate bandwagon as soon as they lose.
People are jumping on the bandwagon.  In the Ireland of today, Slaughtneil people are as Gaelic as they come, from hunger strike support to cultural and language revival.  A small number of their supporters were totally out of order. Agus tá a fhios ag an phobal cé hiad.  "An uncooth bundle of scummy hoors"?. No, that would be Paisley spake and, being frae Antrim, you should know what that means. Indiscipline? Will we talk Cushendall "that can outshine them all" v Naomh Eoin in Dunloy and the fights both on the pitch and in the crowd?  Word never got outside the Glens. In Gaelic sporting terms in Ulster, Slaughtneil have been the benchmark for the last 6 years - in club hurling, club football and club camogie. In 66% of that, they still are. Tell the board a club or Gaelic community that can beat that? None, from Bóthar Seoighe go Crois Mhic Lionnáin go Gaoth Dobhair. 

paddyjohn

Quote from: restorepride on October 06, 2018, 12:09:23 AM
I think I remember a time on this board when Slaughtneil were not thought very highly of by many Derry posters. They were often described (at least, I inferred) as an uncooth bundle of scummy hoors with a history of indiscipline.
Then, upon winning Derry championships, this dislike died a death, replaced with "the darlings of Ireland" - a community we should all aspire to. And probably fairly so.
I wonder is it a case of Slaughtneil people being grand as long as they're winning or are people waiting to jump back on the hate bandwagon as soon as they lose.
People are jumping on the bandwagon.  In the Ireland of today, Slaughtneil people are as Gaelic as they come, from hunger strike support to cultural and language revival.  A small number of their supporters were totally out of order. Agus tá a fhios ag an phobal cé hiad.  "An uncooth bundle of scummy hoors"?. No, that would be Paisley spake and, being frae Antrim, you should know what that means. Indiscipline? Will we talk Cushendall "that can outshine them all" v Naomh Eoin in Dunloy and the fights both on the pitch and in the crowd?  Word never got outside the Glens. In Gaelic sporting terms in Ulster, Slaughtneil have been the benchmark for the last 6 years - in club hurling, club football and club camogie. In 66% of that, they still are. Tell the board a club or Gaelic community that can beat that? None, from Bóthar Seoighe go Crois Mhic Lionnáin go Gaoth Dobhair.

Did you see the CDall scuffle?

restorepride

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 06, 2018, 06:33:13 AM
Quote from: restorepride on October 06, 2018, 12:09:23 AM

Did you see the CDall scuffle?
Right beside it. Just so you know, I don't do exaggeration. Have learnt in life that in the main it is immature attention seeking. So, saw the following: hurl strike to head, player strikes player, manager strikes player, player strikes manager, fight and brawl involving players and mainly Naomh Eoin subs/'management'. About 20 seconds later, the whole Cushendall subs bench, approximately 15-20 sprint across the playing field from far side, opposite Dunloy clubhouse, and join in. Now around 40-50 involved, either trying to calm the situation or trying to do damage. Lasts another minute. Then boxing starts in crowd near to clubhouse, beside where the field-fight had ended up. Some players head towards the crowd but do not join in. What saves more violent scenes? When play resumes, Naomh Eoin point the free and the game ends in a draw. Final whistle to a game that was very enjoyable, especially in the second half, Naomh Eoin should have won, 5 ahead late on, Dall goal sparked the late comeback, McManus point seemed to be the winner until hurl to head etc....

bannside

These things happen to most clubs and yes Oneclubonelife our club has too, but every club has a responsibility to deal with discipline from within and county boards have a responsibility to deal with matters like this fairly and consistently.

Suddenly this has switched from Derry to Antrim but the principle remains the same. A vacuum exists because 90% of the time boards turn a blind eye.

Wildweasel74

We well organised up in Owebeg the day; 1 man doing the ticket box; 100 plus queue; 1 man on the turnstill! Game started! Plenty of stewards to watch free game; tuh tuh+

Newbridge Exile

Same chaos at the minor game last week , shambolic organisation

markl121

Another row today at the end of the junior final. Referee blew it up, was the right thing to do.

36-03-09

I wonder would things have been any different if the County board stood over the Ballinderry pitch closure four years ago and pretended they give a damn about referees' safety, or about decency in the game at all?

restorepride

Quote from: 36-03-09 on October 06, 2018, 04:55:19 PM
I wonder would things have been any different if the County board stood over the Ballinderry pitch closure four years ago and pretended they give a damn about referees' safety, or about decency in the game at all?
Good point.

theticklemister

Quote from: markl121 on October 06, 2018, 04:36:21 PM
Another row today at the end of the junior final. Referee blew it up, was the right thing to do.

what the feck happened now?

Wildweasel74

I blame the Limavady no12 for that,! the game well over, and he spend half the game taunting the opposite players, and was always going to end that way once the game was beyond Moneymore!

shantygael

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 06, 2018, 08:38:56 PM
I blame the Limavady no12 for that,! the game well over, and he spend half the game taunting the opposite players, and was always going to end that way once the game was beyond Moneymore!
No 12 then hid behind two of his team mates when it all kicked off. He was wearing the family colours
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

markl121

Aye the 12 was shockin, constantly niggling the moneymore lads. I thought the junior game was decent enough although I was a bit disappointed with Callum browns game, didn't really win anything in the middle of the field.
Almost felt that half the crowd were there in expectation of a fight.

Newbridge Exile

Lavey comfortable winners over Glen ,

JoG2

Both Lavey and Coleraine easy winners.

Glen's Big hitters never really showed up. Tallon tried to take the fight to Glen, but that was the height of it. Toner was superb for Lavey.

Coleraine were just a level above Screen today, much quicker and had a great early outlet in Co McGoldrick. Screen had a decent last 10 odd minutes with big Anton causing mayhem under the high ball. A toss up between Sean Leo and Mooney for motm. Holly and C Mullan v good also

Windy conditions didn't help either matches.

Coleraine by 2 in the final.