Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Wildweasel74

Joking! not at all Declan O'Connor had the right idea!

Low and Hard

Boys were rows this common and as bad before the whole videoing/social media/what's app craze came about ?

Wildweasel74

For all the complaints about the ref, I don't see anybody taking the blame for letting Coleraine reel them in from 7pts up

restorepride

Quote from: Therealdonald on October 05, 2018, 12:03:18 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 05, 2018, 12:02:44 AM
As I had previously mentioned on here, police involvement is required for assaults of refs and automatic life time bans for those involved in the assault

You're joking aren't you about getting Police involved?
Why not? They were on hand, directing traffic. No one trying to get out of the carpark was complaining.  So what is the joke?

sam03/05

If this happened in Tyrone - the free state media would be all over it like a flash
But after glorifying the great sluaughtneil club the last few years - there won't be a word about it

lenny

Quote from: Localexpert on October 04, 2018, 11:41:01 PM
You derry uns aren't wise.  Does everyone in slaughtneil know the irish words for muck savages?

Is it baloobas?

ON THE HILL

bad scenes last nite, doesn't look good on s'neils behalf...2 nites in a row now when they got beat they result to violence ..all started from 1st minute they targeted young mckinless , they couldn't mark him so resulted in pulling him down at every chance they got....and for their players to jump the wire and attack ballinderry folk...hopefully now people will see them for who they really are..all good when winning..different animal when losing

In hiding

Quote from: In hiding on October 29, 2017, 10:41:50 AM
Quote from: restorepride on October 29, 2017, 10:35:16 AM
Quote from: In hiding on October 29, 2017, 04:08:03 AM
not wishing to take anything away from an impressive slaughtneil victory but that's twice I've met their supporters. we have lots of crazies in tyrone but nothing to compare to the slaughtneil loonies. is this normal In derry
With totally unbalanced comments like above, maybe you should stay hidden. The Hideout in Maghera would be perfect.  Comment analysis suggests that you do "want to take ... away" from Slaughtneil's victory as no supporters were playing and that you are jealous. How many Tyrone clubs have even been in the All Ireland final, please remind us?
it's just a question. No need to be so precious

Just thought I'd fire this in again

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Low and Hard on October 05, 2018, 12:12:08 AM
Boys were rows this common and as bad before the whole videoing/social media/what's app craze came about ?
To be honest I would they say they probably were ,

Waataboutyee

Quote from: ON THE HILL on October 05, 2018, 07:27:29 AM
bad scenes last nite, doesn't look good on s'neils behalf...2 nites in a row now when they got beat they result to violence ..all started from 1st minute they targeted young mckinless , they couldn't mark him so resulted in pulling him down at every chance they got....and for their players to jump the wire and attack ballinderry folk...hopefully now people will see them for who they really are..all good when winning..different animal when losing
I know and him such a quiet wee chap not able to stand up for himself  ;)

But it has thrown a different light onto the Slaughtneil club as a whole with 2 nights of thuggery in a row. All is rosy in the garden when you are winning.
Wasn't at last nights game but they seemed at very least equally at fault, but was at the Coleraine game and possibly (just possibly) Slaughtneil could have had a couple of frees towards the end of the game. But in the last 4 years they have had more than their fair share of big calls go in their favour.
Nothing justifies a spectator and a player striking the referee.

bannside

Just saw the video. Truly shocking....but not in the least bit surprised! We've had this discussion here a few times. The Derry board need to deal with this, with social media the evidence is plain to see, so it shouldn't be as handily swept under the carpet.

BackInTheGame

Quote from: bannside on October 05, 2018, 09:20:56 AM
Just saw the video. Truly shocking....but not in the least bit surprised! We've had this discussion here a few times. The Derry board need to deal with this, with social media the evidence is plain to see, so it shouldn't be as handily swept under the carpet.
I see people suggesting, seriously, that phones and cameras should be banned because its spreading this sort of thing.

Film everything, I say. Maybe then we'll get some proper punishments and by the time our under 12s are playing senior football they'll have a bit of manners and won't be trying to fight everyone in sight when they spit their dummy out.  Absolutely embarrassing behaviour.

ONEDerry

Quote from: BackInTheGame on October 05, 2018, 10:04:00 AM
I see people suggesting, seriously, that phones and cameras should be banned because its spreading this sort of thing.

Film everything, I say. Maybe then we'll get some proper punishments and by the time our under 12s are playing senior football they'll have a bit of manners and won't be trying to fight everyone in sight when they spit their dummy out.  Absolutely embarrassing behaviour.

100% right. No wonder so many drop out and clubs struggle to field from minor on. As you go up the age groups the nonsense and rubbish gets progressively worse. No respect on or off the field, no sportsmanship and a game that's becoming more and more difficult to watch.  Unfortunately it will only be when something really serious happens before action will be taken.

Dire Ear

Bad alright ( saw the video), Tyrone got some batin over the Stew-Strabane handbags, but this was brutal!

Wildweasel74

Fire a link up; couldnt find it last nite!