10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

theticklemister

Ah je. Maybe I miscounted lads.

Thanks.

tonesfirstandlast

Monday mornings are always better when you pick up two points and your neighbors are beat 😄🤓

toby47

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on April 23, 2018, 10:29:58 AM
Monday mornings are always better when you pick up two points and your neighbors are beat 😄🤓

Sad to see what a once big club like Bellaghy have fallen to

shawshank

A seriously valuable points yesterday to get us kick started. I was depressed for a while but yesterday gave me hope. Did any of you see the Irish Star and Fergal P McCusker's views on Derry.

Atticus_Finch

Did a search for it Shawshank but couldn't find anything on google.  Any chance of a brief summary please ?

I'd imagine it echoed his mate Brolly's article a while back - Derry GAA is in a bad state, money has been squandered with a wee touch of "no games in Celtic Park" thrown in for good measure.  He might have a lot of valid points but i'd say he will come across as bitter as he apparently got overlooked for the minor gig.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Real Talk

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on April 23, 2018, 04:48:03 PM
Did a search for it Shawshank but couldn't find anything on google.  Any chance of a brief summary please ?

I'd imagine it echoed his mate Brolly's article a while back - Derry GAA is in a bad state, money has been squandered with a wee touch of "no games in Celtic Park" thrown in for good measure.  He might have a lot of valid points but i'd say he will come across as bitter as he apparently got overlooked for the minor gig.

Good Club man ... good County man.  Was overlooked for  the Under 20 job.  Fergal P has every right to feel aggrieved worked hard with the U21's for 2 years and a very important player on our 1993 winning team.  Deserves a lot more respect than he was given

restorepride

Quote from: Real Talk on April 23, 2018, 08:10:59 PM
Quote from: Atticus_Finch on April 23, 2018, 04:48:03 PM

Good Club man ... good County man.  Was overlooked for  the Under 20 job.  Fergal P has every right to feel aggrieved worked hard with the U21's for 2 years and a very important player on our 1993 winning team.  Deserves a lot more respect than he was given
He always has respect, good GAA man. 

tonesfirstandlast

I was over at the minor match last night and there was a Newbridge told me that there was three minutes good football played during their fight with Dungiven on Sunday 😄. Seamus Mullan will probably throw the referee's report in the bin like what he does with all Dungiven reports.

Waataboutyee

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on April 24, 2018, 11:01:45 AM
I was over at the minor match last night and there was a Newbridge told me that there was three minutes good football played during their fight with Dungiven on Sunday 😄. Seamus Mullan will probably throw the referee's report in the bin like what he does with all Dungiven reports.
You really are a class act TFAL

call it as i see it

Quote from: shawshank on April 23, 2018, 03:26:00 PM
A seriously valuable points yesterday to get us kick started. I was depressed for a while but yesterday gave me hope. Did any of you see the Irish Star and Fergal P McCusker's views on Derry.

Its a bad sign when you pay a manager £20,000 and call it a good day when you scrape past a very poor Kilrea team by 2 points and then struggle with a very poor Claudy side. i wonder will it be another good Monday with two points this week?

shawshank

Quote from: call it as i see it on April 25, 2018, 08:32:59 AM

Its a bad sign when you pay a manager £20,000 and call it a good day when you scrape past a very poor Kilrea team by 2 points and then struggle with a very poor Claudy side. i wonder will it be another good Monday with two points this week?

You have me by the short and curlys, wtf are you talking about?

screenexile

Quote from: shawshank on April 25, 2018, 09:34:45 AM
Quote from: call it as i see it on April 25, 2018, 08:32:59 AM

You have me by the short and curlys, wtf are you talking about?

Would be fairly sure he meant to quote tfal's post about Monday mornings . . .

Atticus_Finch

Can anyone please kindly confirm what the craic is with the venue plan for Derry's first Ulster Championship game ?

Derry will play the winners of Donegal vs Cavan.  I was under the impression that regardless of whether Donegal or Cavan win that Derry would have an away tie.

I'm now hearing* that if Donegal beat Cavan, that Derry will play Donegal in Celtic Park, does anyone know if that's correct ?

*The person was basing it on the following - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Ulster_Senior_Football_Championship

Cheers
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

lenny

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on April 27, 2018, 11:16:58 AM
Can anyone please kindly confirm what the craic is with the venue plan for Derry's first Ulster Championship game ?

Derry will play the winners of Donegal vs Cavan.  I was under the impression that regardless of whether Donegal or Cavan win that Derry would have an away tie.

I'm now hearing* that if Donegal beat Cavan, that Derry will play Donegal in Celtic Park, does anyone know if that's correct ?

*The person was basing it on the following - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Ulster_Senior_Football_Championship

Cheers

That's correct, the logic being that a county doesn't get 2 home games in a row or 2 away games in a row. It's been that way for as long as I can remember.

shantygael

That was verified just after the draw was made. Away to Cavan or home to Donegal.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground