10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

theticklemister

oakleaflad

Quote from: Rawhide on April 02, 2018, 01:15:45 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 02, 2018, 12:24:08 PM
IF (repeat IF )what Joe brolly says is true, it's very very strange that the Derry head of coaching is out in Australia with 2 Derry minors for AFL trials ?

I had heard that also, in fact I was told that he invited the players to this before xmas. It is not trials, it is dressed up as exhibition games.
Quote from: Keyser soze on April 02, 2018, 05:13:25 PM
Saw a pic of him on fb/twitter in Aus with Conor Glass.

Yeah, he is out there with two lads who were on last years minor panel but now too old for the U17 side (the ones who missed a year). I've heard a bit about it and seen some pics also, it looks like they are at one of the U18 sides as opposed to the AFL teams themselves. These sides would be where the AFL teams draft from. Not sure if they are actually participating in any games.

Glenman93

Right enough talk about the County.  We can play the blame game until the cows come home but won't change the fact we are in Div 4 and the only way is up.  Let them get on with it and you never know what might happen. 

Leagues start on Weds.  My predictions below. (apologies no intermediate or junior but wouldn't be sure)

7 00 PM   Sean O'Leary GAC Newbridge   ---   ---   Kilrea   Newbridge  - good pre-season I hear
7 00 PM   Coleraine   ---   ---   John Mitchel's GAC, Claudy           Coleraine   
7 00 PM   Glen   ---   ---   Slaughtneil                                   No comment    
7 00 PM   O'Donovan Rossa GAC   ---   ---   Ballinascreen   Draw      
7 00 PM   Ballinderry   ---   ---   Swatragh                                   Ballinderry (but not by much)   
7 00 PM   Bellaghy   ---   ---   The Loup                                   Draw (Bellaghy a good ulster league?)
7 00 PM   Glenullin   ---   ---   St Oliver Plunkett's GAC,             Greenlough - Think Glenullin might struggle.

BackInTheGame

Feels a bit like Christmas Eve to be honest.

I am absolutely buzzing.

restorepride

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 03, 2018, 08:52:05 AM
https://amp.independent.ie/sport/columnists/joe-brolly/joe-brolly-abandoning-our-principles-has-left-derry-in-tatters-36762705.html?__twitter_impression=true
Brolly is a clown, a well paid one at that. How many Derry National League matches has he seen this year? Ultra defence?!  If we did have a defensive strategy we would still be in Division 3. Glad he mentioned Cahir's article though, since he copied a fair chunk of it! The theory for selling Celtic Park is a dangerous one for Dungiven folk, next for the chop would therefore be An Abhainn Bheag. Enjoyed Joe's donkey reference mainly because of the 1997 Cavan banner - "Brolly is a donkey...."!

theticklemister

Quote from: restorepride on April 03, 2018, 11:42:14 AM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 03, 2018, 08:52:05 AM
https://amp.independent.ie/sport/columnists/joe-brolly/joe-brolly-abandoning-our-principles-has-left-derry-in-tatters-36762705.html?__twitter_impression=true
Brolly is a clown, a well paid one at that. How many Derry National League matches has he seen this year? Ultra defence?!  If we did have a defensive strategy we would still be in Division 3. Glad he mentioned Cahir's article though, since he copied a fair chunk of it! The theory for selling Celtic Park is a dangerous one for Dungiven folk, next for the chop would therefore be An Abhainn Bheag. Enjoyed Joe's donkey reference mainly because of the 1997 Cavan banner - "Brolly is a donkey...."!

The same joke about the donkey was down by thebrounds on Facebook last week too.

valeman

Quote from: Glenman93 on April 03, 2018, 10:53:33 AM
Right enough talk about the County.  We can play the blame game until the cows come home but won't change the fact we are in Div 4 and the only way is up.  Let them get on with it and you never know what might happen. 

Leagues start on Weds.  My predictions below. (apologies no intermediate or junior but wouldn't be sure)

7 00 PM   Sean O'Leary GAC Newbridge   ---   ---   Kilrea   Newbridge  - good pre-season I hear
7 00 PM   Coleraine   ---   ---   John Mitchel's GAC, Claudy           Coleraine   
7 00 PM   Glen   ---   ---   Slaughtneil                                   No comment    
7 00 PM   O'Donovan Rossa GAC   ---   ---   Ballinascreen   Draw      
7 00 PM   Ballinderry   ---   ---   Swatragh                                   Ballinderry (but not by much)   
7 00 PM   Bellaghy   ---   ---   The Loup                                   Draw (Bellaghy a good ulster league?)
7 00 PM   Glenullin   ---   ---   St Oliver Plunkett's GAC,             Greenlough - Think Glenullin might struggle.

Ill gave a go at the Intermediate ones:

Desertmartin  --- --- Ballymaguigan  -BALLYMAGUIGAN
Faughanvale  --- --- Steelstown Brian Og's - STEELSTOWN   
O'Brien's G.F.C Foreglen  --- --- St Michael's GAC Lissan - FOREGLEN
Drum  --- --- Banagher  St Colm's Drum - BANAGHER
Craigbane  --- --- Drumsurn  - DRUMSURN
St Malachy's Castledawson  --- --- St Marys Slaughtmanus GAC  - CASTLEDAWSON
Ballerin  --- --- Doire Trasna  - BALLERIN

tonesfirstandlast

Newbridge Exile

Good start for us Bridge  1-17 ,Kilrea 1-12 (0-11 to 0-5 to Kilrea at half time )

braveheart

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: braveheart on April 04, 2018, 09:18:21 PM
Fat Mick is the man. UTS

Must be a first ever win. What was our team?

theticklemister

One really sad result from tonight was Ardmore's no score to 6-22 for Limavady.

They have been struggling for a while and hope this is not going to be like this for the rest of the year.

Well done to Swatragh beating Ballinderry.

We drew with vale and probably a fair result. Proper 'first game of the year' craic.

valeman

Quote from: theticklemister on April 04, 2018, 10:12:49 PM
One really sad result from tonight was Ardmore's no score to 6-22 for Limavady.

They have been struggling for a while and hope this is not going to be like this for the rest of the year.

Well done to Swatragh beating Ballinderry.

We drew with vale and probably a fair result. Proper 'first game of the year' craic.

Totally agree Tickle, I missed the first 5 mins but I think both sides made mistakes and missed scores and in the end while both will feel the could have won it a draw was the fair result.