Total Members Voted: 20

greenlight

Quote from: 36-03-09 on March 25, 2018, 10:06:01 PM
Quote from: greenlight on October 16, 2017, 11:09:55 AM
Quote from: toby47 on October 10, 2017, 01:16:58 PM
Quote from: seanyb1 on October 10, 2017, 01:06:59 PM
You can add Emmett McGuckin on to the list of absentees - also not called up

So far Lynch, Kielt, Heavron, McGuckin.

Wonder what goalkeepers are on panel, was Postie asked back?

Don't know how a starting player can go from main player to not needed within 2/3 months. I know all managers will have difference in opinion on certain players but to not make a 30-40 man panel is some drop.

The only way that lad should be let through the gates of Owenbeg again is if he's rebuilding them. That's if his ego can fit through them.

What's wrong with giving the Slaughtneil keeper a shot?

Quote from: greenlight on March 25, 2018, 07:55:19 PM
Are we really to believe that two goalkeepers who have played more senior games for Derry than their clubs are the best in Derry?

McErlaine is out of his depth.

Hell slap it up you.

Quote from: greenlight on February 04, 2018, 11:03:20 PM
Quote from: bannside on February 04, 2018, 07:35:29 PM
What would your own solutions be?

Step 1: Pick a panel of your best and most talented players

As an example, are the two best goalkeepers in Derry teenagers? Have they ever achieved anything at club level? We had McKindless last season who played for Derry in the championship last season before appearing for ballinderry.

We are a joke of a county. Teams look at us now and think they have 2 points in the bag.

Hi Thomas, didn't know you posted on the board. I'd still have Hartin and McKindless there before you.. But that still doesn't mean they're up to the standard. They're just better than you.

I just think the county probably  has better keepers than the 3 of you.

Wildweasel74

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: greenlight on March 25, 2018, 11:33:27 PM

Don't know how a starting player can go from main player to not needed within 2/3 months. I know all managers will have difference in opinion on certain players but to not make a 30-40 man panel is some drop.

The only way that lad should be let through the gates of Owenbeg again is if he's rebuilding them. That's if his ego can fit through them.

Are we really to believe that two goalkeepers who have played more senior games for Derry than their clubs are the best in Derry?

Hell slap it up you.

As an example, are the two best goalkeepers in Derry teenagers? Have they ever achieved anything at club level? We had McKindless last season who played for Derry in the championship last season before appearing for ballinderry.

We are a joke of a county. Teams look at us now and think they have 2 points in the bag.

Hi Thomas, didn't know you posted on the board. I'd still have Hartin and McKindless there before you.. But that still doesn't mean they're up to the standard. They're just better than you.

Talkin to yerself sahn ;)

Wildweasel74

Keepers forget about the keepers, the drop in the standard of defenders who let Sligo waltz through the defence is shocking, no one prepared to take a black card for the good of the team and bring a man down, thats the reason we give away at least 2 of the goals, too many palyers worried about getting game time and not taking 1 fore the team,

The drop from McBride, McKinless, Duffy, C Mullan from the last line of defence, and Craig, C Kielt, Sean McGoldrick in half back line has leave the defence very porous. The lack of Bell, McGuckin, Haveron, and a few others  up front an issue too,

Is baffles me Colm McGoldrick cant get a run out at full forwards

scallywag

This is what happens when you let a man who has managed children run your county team....
The man got the job and never managed an adult team in his life...
Ask yourselves this,would this have happened in any other county in Ireland???I don't think so!!!
Doire board are rotten,have been for years,it will continue as well,as I've said before,A LAUGHING STOCK

Wildweasel74

Go back to ballinderry, bed calls!!

ON THE HILL

All this talk about best players not playing for the county? name them? they were named above and they were the players that got relegated from D2...simple..just not good enuf

36-03-09

Quote from: greenlight on March 25, 2018, 11:33:27 PM

Hell slap it up you.

Jaysus, I know we're a small parish, but there's more than one of us living here. When I'm talking to postie I'm sure he'll be gutted about the opinion of some nobody on the internet.

theticklemister

toby47

Head's up our asses.

Think we have some divine right not to be where we are. Saw a lot of stuff on social media last night about how we are too good for division 4 etc etc. Truth of the matter is that we aren't, or we wouldn't be there.

An idiotic county board, an inexperience manager and now in a disastrous situation.

Not picking key men was a crazy decision, it's the long term damage this decision has done which is the worst part.

paddyjohn

oakleaflad

We were the top scorers in our division. We also conceded the most. Not hard to see where the problems are. The worries regarding our system of play following the All Ireland Minor Final last year were justified.

tbrick18

Quote from: toby47 on March 26, 2018, 09:35:43 AM
Head's up our asses.

Think we have some divine right not to be where we are. Saw a lot of stuff on social media last night about how we are too good for division 4 etc etc. Truth of the matter is that we aren't, or we wouldn't be there.

An idiotic county board, an inexperience manager and now in a disastrous situation.

Not picking key men was a crazy decision, it's the long term damage this decision has done which is the worst part.

Good post.
We are where we deserve to be given the way we have been managed by county board/brian mciver as director of football/a succession of failed managerial appointments for the last 15-20 years.
We seem to keep making bad decision after bad decision with regards to structures, managers, player selection, player management and strategies. The proof of this is evident in the dramatic fall down the rankings.

We can put some blame on the current crop of players, but the fact is they want to play. They dont want to get beaten or relegated. But when the players on the panel are not of high enough quality, this is what happens. The reason the players are not of high enough quality is a combination of arrogant panel selection, a county board who put massive restrictions on preparations in terms of panel size and investment, a succession of managers who think they are going to come in with an iron fist and get rid of the trouble makers as they know better and these unrealistic 5 year plans.

What we need is a 1 year plan, to improve the team, structures, management and county board.
Look at what happens in the English leagues when a team is relegated. Manager goes, entire back room team goes, these directors of football generally go, and a complete trimming of senior managment. Then as far as players go, generally speaking the new manager will try to rebuild with the aim or promotion as soon as possible. And how many times have we heard these managers say its a clean slate for all players.
Clear out the crap from the top down, remove half the structures to streamline the whole operation from Chair down to managers. Get a manager in place with some experience of building a team and earning promotion and THEN set the parameters he has to work in with the manager having a strong say in what those parameters are in terms of panel size. It's been show already that we cant get a manager to choose the best players, so I think each and every club in the county should be asked to supply their top 6 players for off season 8 week trials with a final panel being chosen from the most consistent performers. We need something drastic and a change from the same process that has earned us a fall to the lowest echelons of football.

In terms of strategies, we need a kickout strategy, a defensive strategy and and offensive strategy. Currently I think all we have is an offensive strategy.

We all want Derry to do well in Football and Hurling but it seems there is too much politicking going on to be able to manage the county in a sensible and progressive way.

imbluedabadeedabadi

Will the Antrim game be home or away next year? If we have it at home we'll try get her fixed for the south west somewhere around Toome/Creggan/Ahoghill rather than Belfast so yous don't have far to travel

quit yo jibbajabba

Would you have a big say in these things bluedabadee