?
11 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

shawshank

Quote from: toby47 on October 10, 2017, 01:16:58 PM
Quote from: seanyb1 on October 10, 2017, 01:06:59 PM
You can add Emmett McGuckin on to the list of absentees - also not called up

So far Lynch, Kielt, Heavron, McGuckin.

Wonder what goalkeepers are on panel, was Postie asked back?

Don't know how a starting player can go from main player to not needed within 2/3 months. I know all managers will have difference in opinion on certain players but to not make a 30-40 man panel is some drop.

Is it not an initial panel of 26 players with the SN players to be added.

Low and Hard

What is the panel? Or how do people know who haven't made it.

honthecounty

Don't know how a starting player can go from main player to not needed within 2/3 months. I know all managers will have difference in opinion on certain players but to not make a 30-40 man panel is some drop.

From what i heat Lynch has the option to be included and is taking time to think about it. Has been a great servant for his county.

toby47

Sean Brady is not on panel.

Can confirm it is not an initial panel with senior players to be added as Chrissy McKaigue, Ciaran McFaul, Enda Lynn, Karl McKaigue, Carlus McWilliams and others are on it.

Also talking to a club mate of one of the high profile players left out. He said the player found out through one of the players who had been asked up to the panel and has heard no word from management yet as to why he was left out. I don't expect squad players who have been called up close to championship to get a personal phone call as to why he hasn't been picked the following year but if a player gives 6 or 7 years to the county and is one of the more dedicated players and leading performers within the group surely a phone call from new management is the way to go?

seanyb1

Quote from: honthecounty on October 10, 2017, 02:23:36 PM

From what i heat Lynch has the option to be included and is taking time to think about it. Has been a great servant for his county.

Don't understand why Heavron isn't on the panel, he's been one of if not the our most consistent performers. Really strange call

toby47

Quote from: seanyb1 on October 10, 2017, 02:37:15 PM
Quote from: honthecounty on October 10, 2017, 02:23:36 PM

Don't understand why Heavron isn't on the panel, he's been one of if not the our most consistent performers. Really strange call

Perhaps himself and McErlean had a rift a club level, only thing I could maybe think off.

Derry Optimist

Before this uncertainty,real or imagined,gets further out of hand re the new Derry football panel,provisional or otherwise,  Damian McErlain needs to explain immediately where this whole process is at.If that is done then we can at least make a realistic judgment call of where exactly he and his management team see the future of all the best players in the County.

Our players and supporters deserve  at least to know what their plans are.
Hopefully it is only a lack of proper communication which has created  all of this uncertainty.

As a successful  minor manager Damian was renowned for his communication and man-management skills.

Let us hope that the future of our Senior team under his stewardship will display that same unity of purpose where all of our best players are part of the new set-up( at least eventually).

screenexile

Quote from: Derry Optimist on October 10, 2017, 04:06:51 PM
Before this uncertainty,real or imagined,gets further out of hand re the new Derry football panel,provisional or otherwise,  Damian McErlain needs to explain immediately where this whole process is at.If that is done then we can at least make a realistic judgment call of where exactly he and his management team see the future of all the best players in the County.

Our players and supporters deserve  at least to know what their plans are.
Hopefully it is only a lack of proper communication which has created  all of this uncertainty.

As a successful  minor manager Damian was renowned for his communication and man-management skills.

Let us hope that the future of our Senior team under his stewardship will display that same unity of purpose where all of our best players are part of the new set-up( at least eventually).

Holy God lads it's October I wouldn't be worrying about who's in the panel or not until after Christmas at the very least... Calm down!

Let's wait until we see a National League or a Championship panel until we start judging we haven't even played a match yet!!!!!

JoG2

Some of the names being mentioned as not being asked are baffling, but it' very very early days. There has to be a certain amount of flexibilty eg you can't expect the likes of big Mark to be wheeled out for the cardinal o'fiaich and kept at it until championship. It'll be interesting to see the senior panel for next year. Looking forward to the Div 3 campaign. They'll be a few ding-dong battles

Div 3 Final (Sat @ CP) prediction

Limavady v Doire Trasna   (Trasna by 4)

Newbridge Exile

Derry county board fixtures committee strike again !  we have at least 9 of our under 21s involved with our senior panel with 5 or 6 probable starters and they fix our under 21 semi final  against Claudy for this Friday  2days before we play in the first round of the Ulster club ,  you couldn't make it up !!

Wildweasel74

It seems there was 3 separate melees at the Ballinderry - Kilrea game, according to the papers, abit like Winston Churchhill opening WW2 speech we fight them on the beaches, in the stands, and if u still standing the carpark after.

On a serious note that 3 bad fights in the county in 3 week running with that one, the intermediate final and the Ogra - Doire Trasna game, Nothing was done with that one even though on tape, wonder how the other 2 will turn out,

North Man

When was the fight at the intermediate final ?

Wildweasel74

A ruthless management team and panel is what's needed,

I go rather with a management that brings tactics instead of playing 1on1 with the best player in the country at minor level. Tactical nouse on that one - Zero

Another would be to pick the best players in the county if they are available, some of the players mentioned  not on the panel are the best in the county presently,
i would expect the panel to change after christmas

Can someone put up the preliminary panel?

Wildweasel74

When was the fight at the intermediate final ?

Sorry Intermediate reserve!!

North Man