10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

seanyb1

Quote from: Real Talk on January 03, 2018, 01:02:32 PM
Quote from: toby47 on January 03, 2018, 11:57:42 AM
Quote from: honthecounty on January 03, 2018, 10:03:19 AM
The more i look at that team the more i cannot believe that the likes of a Danny Heavron are not involved as he would be massive this year with a young squad, i know that the Slaughtneil ones are to come back in as well as Terence o'brien and Danny Tallon there is still potential there. Hopefully a good start tonight will go a long way to killing all the negativity about the squad and county as a whole. Doire Abu.

Shocking decision surely, didn't take that poor team being published to highlight how bad a decision it was. I just don't understand how your best player in each of the past 2-3 years doesn't make a 30man panel ahead of boys that haven't played senior club football yet, madness.

Did he refuse to join the panel or was he not asked ?

he was informed his services were no longer required

toby47

Quote from: seanyb1 on January 03, 2018, 01:27:32 PM
Quote from: Real Talk on January 03, 2018, 01:02:32 PM
The more i look at that team the more i cannot believe that the likes of a Danny Heavron are not involved as he would be massive this year with a young squad, i know that the Slaughtneil ones are to come back in as well as Terence o'brien and Danny Tallon there is still potential there. Hopefully a good start tonight will go a long way to killing all the negativity about the squad and county as a whole. Doire Abu.

Shocking decision surely, didn't take that poor team being published to highlight how bad a decision it was. I just don't understand how your best player in each of the past 2-3 years doesn't make a 30man panel ahead of boys that haven't played senior club football yet, madness.

Did he refuse to join the panel or was he not asked ?

he was informed his services were no longer required

Have heard this. The reasons he was given are laughable

ONEDerry

Had you this lined up as a response before a team was named or even takes the field. No notion of offering support to a young team with lads making their senior debut. Just hoping for failure so can turn round and say  - i told you so. One player doesn't make a team.  Feigning shock and outrage at this stage - catch a grip  :o

toby47

Quote from: ONEDerry on January 03, 2018, 01:51:56 PM

Had you this lined up as a response before a team was named or even takes the field. No notion of offering support to a young team with lads making their senior debut. Just hoping for failure so can turn round and say  - i told you so. One player doesn't make a team.  Feigning shock and outrage at this stage - catch a grip  :o

I agree with the idea of giving younger players a run but not when the young players aren't good enough. Fair enough 3 or 4 of them are, the other 3 or 4 aren't.

Yeah I'll sit and say nothing when a player who wasn't good enough to start on our minor team last year is suddenly good enough for our senior team 4 months later while or best player is sitting at home because 1) Management have idiotic reasons for leaving him out or 2) don't have the balls to give him a proper reason.

honthecounty

Dont think anyone said that one man would make the team but Im sure the team would benefit with someone of his experience in it. 

The Bearded One

Quote from: toby47 on January 03, 2018, 02:22:38 PM

I agree with the idea of giving younger players a run but not when the young players aren't good enough. Fair enough 3 or 4 of them are, the other 3 or 4 aren't.

Yeah I'll sit and say nothing when a player who wasn't good enough to start on our minor team last year is suddenly good enough for our senior team 4 months later while or best player is sitting at home because 1) Management have idiotic reasons for leaving him out or 2) don't have the balls to give him a proper reason.

Maybe the manager thinks Callum Brown can inflict the same damage as David Clifford done in last years final? He certainly has the physique.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Real Talk

Quote from: The Bearded One on January 03, 2018, 02:57:21 PM
Quote from: toby47 on January 03, 2018, 02:22:38 PM

I agree with the idea of giving younger players a run but not when the young players aren’t good enough. Fair enough 3 or 4 of them are, the other 3 or 4 aren’t.

Yeah I’ll sit and say nothing when a player who wasn’t good enough to start on our minor team last year is suddenly good enough for our senior team 4 months later while or best player is sitting at home because 1) Management have idiotic reasons for leaving him out or 2) don’t have the balls to give him a proper reason.

Maybe the manager thinks Callum Brown can inflict the same damage as David Clifford done in last years final? He certainly has the physique.
Are you seriously comparing Callum Brown to David Clifford !!!!

The Bearded One

It was sarcasm. Obviously McErlain hadn't identified Clifford's ability prior to that game!

lenny

Quote from: The Bearded One on January 03, 2018, 03:55:10 PM
It was sarcasm. Obviously McErlain hadn't identified Clifford's ability prior to that game!

Let's reserve judgement until the season is over. Hopefully this season we can get promoted, play in a league final at Croke Park and have a reasonable run in the championship. It's a young side at the moment but with much potential. If people here are putting all the blame on Damien for the all Ireland final defeat then by that logic he has to get all the credit for the great wins to get there. We beat some very good teams not least Tyrone who were big favourites for Ulster.

The Bearded One

Absolutely, he and his management team done an exceptional job across their tenure with the minors and I think they are fully deserving of their chance now. As a Tyrone man I was being slightly facetious about Clifford, I don't think many senior full backs would have stopped him that day.

Wildweasel74

Playing a cub of 17yrs of age to be half kilt; when u can pick ready to go county men! That lad way too young especially saying u didnt think he was good enough to start minor 4 months bck; go figure!!

screenexile

Chill the f**k out lads. . . they're playing a University team in a meaningless competition at the beginning of January.

Can we at least reserve judgment until the National League??

Chief

Amen - a lot of eejits on here need to remember the AI final isn't played until September

Wildweasel74

My concern is playing a lad too young for this level where he could easily be hurt when there are plenty of actual men who could play not a lad who was u-16 less than a yr ago !

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 03, 2018, 06:07:13 PM
Playing a cub of 17yrs of age to be half kilt; when u can pick ready to go county men! That lad way too young especially saying u didnt think he was good enough to start minor 4 months bck; go figure!!

Sure ye canny play senior County at 17!

Twas the old guard coming on in the 2nd half that pulled the game out of the fire. UUJ had enough chances to win it fairness, with a more experienced line up than the starting Derry lineup, it wouldn't have been that much of a surprise.
Young Mooney MotM, he played well and has some long range pass on him. McEvoy and Jack Doherty had fine games with Enda being the standout.
Plenty of much needed experience for the young guns who featured.
Surely the likes of G McKindless and Heavron will be added to to the panel?