Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (47.6%)
?
11 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

doiregael93

McGinleny gone from swatragh, donnelly gone from Glen and Baker gone from screen. Any other clubs without managers at the minute?

Estimator

Quote from: Glenman93 on October 12, 2020, 04:09:13 PM
Quote from: Estimator on October 10, 2020, 09:06:13 PM
Quote from: lenny on October 10, 2020, 07:36:05 PM
Quote from: Estimator on October 10, 2020, 06:41:54 PM
I have Slaughtneil, Loup, Glen and Ballinascreen all scoring more in the C'ship than the Rossa. Ballinderry are level with M'felt in the scoring charts.  However only Slaughtneil played the same amount of games as M'felt, the rest had fewer games:

Loup & Ballinderry (1)
Ballinascreen & Glen (2)

Newbridge had 3 fewer than M'felt and are only 10pts away from their overall total.

Surely each team total for and against depends on the quality of opposition.
Your next step is to give a weighting to each team and factor it into your interim results.

I'll let someone else do that for me, think I've put up enough stuff about this years C'ship.
But as others have said Slaughtneil were deserving winners, over the course of the C'ship they beat (aside from themselves obviously) every Championship winning side since 2010, as well as last years finalists.
Ulster League Champions 2009

restorepride

Quote from: Estimator on October 13, 2020, 12:39:47 PM
Quote from: Glenman93 on October 12, 2020, 04:09:13 PM
Quote from: Estimator on October 10, 2020, 09:06:13 PM
Quote from: lenny on October 10, 2020, 07:36:05 PM
Quote from: Estimator on October 10, 2020, 06:41:54 PM
I have Slaughtneil, Loup, Glen and Ballinascreen all scoring more in the C'ship than the Rossa. Ballinderry are level with M'felt in the scoring charts.  However only Slaughtneil played the same amount of games as M'felt, the rest had fewer games:

Loup & Ballinderry (1)
Ballinascreen & Glen (2)

Newbridge had 3 fewer than M'felt and are only 10pts away from their overall total.

Surely each team total for and against depends on the quality of opposition.
Your next step is to give a weighting to each team and factor it into your interim results.

I'll let someone else do that for me, think I've put up enough stuff about this years C'ship.
But as others have said Slaughtneil were deserving winners, over the course of the C'ship they beat (aside from themselves obviously) every Championship winning side since 2010, as well as last years finalists.
Good post and thanks for all stats.  Sleacht Néill probably not finished yet either!

Rawhide

👍 yes thanks for the stats 👏👏
cccc is a true supporter lol

oakleaflad

Glass has to isolate when he arrives back and won't be available for Longford game. Not sure if you throw him straight in anyway? I wouldn't have too much expectations for this year, let him get back and used to the round ball again.
[/quote]
An update on this. Glass is apparently available for selection having not had to isolate. Still wouldn't have much expectation but it's one to keep an eye on.

On a separate note, whilst i'm looking forward to seeing the county team back in action, something doesn't feel right about these games going ahead when the Junior Club final and Underage finals weren't able to.

restorepride

Quote from: oakleaflad on October 15, 2020, 09:50:05 AM
Glass has to isolate when he arrives back and won't be available for Longford game. Not sure if you throw him straight in anyway? I wouldn't have too much expectations for this year, let him get back and used to the round ball again.
An update on this. Glass is apparently available for selection having not had to isolate. Still wouldn't have much expectation but it's one to keep an eye on.

On a separate note, whilst i'm looking forward to seeing the county team back in action, something doesn't feel right about these games going ahead when the Junior Club final and Underage finals weren't able to.
[/quote]
I can relate to that ok however the games themselves weren't the major issue but the amount of social interaction before, (sometimes during) and after.   The GAA had to act at that point for the sake of public health at local level.   Hopefully they might be played at a later date?

toby47

Glass trained with the squad on Wednesday night. Doesn't have to isolate

restorepride

I'm sure a good number of you can recall the 1992 Ulster Football Championship semi-final v an Dún, in Casement, which Doire won.  As a matter of interest, do you remember the crowd size?  I have 34,000 in my head - could that be right?  Seems very large, although I do remember it as a massive crowd - and a massive win at the time!

Rawhide

Quote from: restorepride on October 16, 2020, 02:14:55 PM
I'm sure a good number of you can recall the 1992 Ulster Football Championship semi-final v an Dún, in Casement, which Doire won.  As a matter of interest, do you remember the crowd size?  I have 34,000 in my head - could that be right?  Seems very large, although I do remember it as a massive crowd - and a massive win at the time!

A clue

https://youtu.be/Grr0nPdeWtE
cccc is a true supporter lol

tbrick18

It was def a massive crowd and there was some atmostphere. I still have vivid memories of the teams being welcomed onto the pitch, League champions vs all ireland champions.
That was a brilliant match.
We really did let it get away that year imo.

theticklemister

Wouldn't be that crowd I reckon. I mind being at it as a wain. I thought all my summers were going to be like it.

screenexile

So its official we're moving to U13/U15/U17 and U20 next year.

Horrible decision especially when you consider that a lot of lads in their first year of Minor will be lost with the proposition of very little football for another 2 years.

Hoof Hearted

Screen, What way is u10s  8s etc working ?
Will the 10s still be p5 and p6 or will that change to p6 and p7 ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: screenexile on October 17, 2020, 11:27:36 AM
So its official we're moving to U13/U15/U17 and U20 next year.

Horrible decision especially when you consider that a lot of lads in their first year of Minor will be lost with the proposition of very little football for another 2 years.

ive not anything about u20 club . Is that confirmed?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 17, 2020, 12:15:17 PM
Screen, What way is u10s  8s etc working ?
Will the 10s still be p5 and p6 or will that change to p6 and p7 ?

i dont agree with the primary class thing, causes issues later, should be DOB whole way through as Donegal etc do