?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Low and Hard

Quote from: BuzzKill (Version II) on January 22, 2020, 12:21:52 PM
I see online that apparently the leagues are changing again this year. League will run off as normal with 11 games. Then it will spilt in half (top 6/bottom 6) where clubs will have another 5 games to decide promotion/relegation.

Also hearing that some of these games will be starred* and without county players.

Anyone able to confirm?

Also hearing that the backdoor championship is coming back?

Where are you reading this online?

oakleaflad

Quote from: Low and Hard on January 22, 2020, 02:08:10 PM
I see online that apparently the leagues are changing again this year. League will run off as normal with 11 games. Then it will spilt in half (top 6/bottom 6) where clubs will have another 5 games to decide promotion/relegation.

Also hearing that some of these games will be starred* and without county players.

Anyone able to confirm?

Mal McMullan tweeted it out.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: oakleaflad on January 24, 2020, 09:50:38 AM
Quote from: Low and Hard on January 22, 2020, 02:08:10 PM

Anyone able to confirm?

Mal McMullan tweeted it out.
From what I heard the championship is straight knockout , but the league is as was mentioned previously -a 16 game league with top/bottom six  split after  11 games

tonesfirstandlast

Ready to start here in Celtic Park. Saw more at U6 Gogames

JGDoire

10 mins into second half and we luckily just got a goal to get us into the game. But team selection and tactics have to questioned.  Wind behind our backs and we have 14 men behind the ball at home to Leitrim.  We are in big trouble for the year ahead.  Sweet jaysus. 

Smurfy123

Some con job Gallagher. Regardless of the result.

JGDoire

Tier 2 for us unless.....shocking result and performance in so many ways :-( 

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on January 25, 2020, 05:01:36 PM
Ready to start here in Celtic Park. Saw more at U6 Gogames
Not much interest in county team atm

restorepride

Quote from: JGDoire on January 25, 2020, 06:11:14 PM
10 mins into second half and we luckily just got a goal to get us into the game. But team selection and tactics have to questioned.  Wind behind our backs and we have 14 men behind the ball at home to Leitrim.  We are in big trouble for the year ahead.  Sweet jaysus.
Not sure about your wind direction but, yes, we are in big trouble and a return to Division 4 not out of the question. Division 2 hopes probably gone already.

lenny

Quote from: restorepride on January 25, 2020, 07:30:43 PM
Not sure about your wind direction but, yes, we are in big trouble and a return to Division 4 not out of the question. Division 2 hopes probably gone already.

Lol, one game in and you're writing off the season

bannside

Derry were 1/10, biggest favourites of the weekend. It might  be  early but any hopes youse had of promotion took a severe dent, let's put it that way! Not the start that was anticipated!

theticklemister

Ticklemister:  Well da, I heard the result,  how we play?

Ticklemister's da: Not too good son, not too good son.

restorepride

Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2020, 07:55:48 PM

I did qualify it with "probably". Always wise to actually read posts. Anyhow, based on tonight's lucky escape, which counties do you think Derry will beat in Div 3 this year?

lenny

Quote from: restorepride on January 25, 2020, 08:15:16 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2020, 07:55:48 PM

I did qualify it with "probably". Always wise to actually read posts. Anyhow, based on tonight's lucky escape, which counties do you think Derry will beat in Div 3 this year?

We are capable of beating any of the other teams. I'm not saying we will but I'll be disappointed if we don't improve significantly.

Red10

Disappointing start. Fortunate to get a draw. Where are Cassidy, McKinless and the rest ? Not that I don't know how much difference they would make. Midfield a problem  for a long time and it shows again this evening. Hardly a kick pass into the forwards all night.  Playing a sweeper first half who gives no protection to the full back line.  Every ball first half down the left was won by Leitrim. Gallagher can't change the habits of a lifetime with some lads.  Carrying the ball up the field slowly into a packed defence over and over again.  Doing the same thing that's not working and expecting different results.