Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Derry Dreamer

Six current Derry Senior panellists started on the Slaughtneil side that played Glen yesterday whereas Glen had only three. The unavailable Paul McNeill would have made the Slaughtneil tally seven.

On the other hand both the other semi finalists, Magherafelt and Banagher, had none. Any predictions as to which players based on their performances during the 2019 Derry Championships, in all three grades, will be asked to join the 2020 panel?

theticklemister

Quote from: Derry Dreamer on October 07, 2019, 10:24:18 PM
Six current Derry Senior panellists started on the Slaughtneil side that played Glen yesterday whereas Glen had only three. The unavailable Paul McNeill would have made the Slaughtneil tally seven.

On the other hand both the other semi finalists, Magherafelt and Banagher, had none. Any predictions as to which players based on their performances during the 2019 Derry Championships, in all three grades, will be asked to join the 2020 panel?

This definitely sounds like 'Derry Optimist' with a new name.

oneclubonelife

Maybe look at it another way - having 6/7 of your team is detrimental to the club team when you are being asked to play a crap type of football

theticklemister

So lads and lassies, what was the big difference between the final game of the league and the Championship game. I managed to attend the league game, and didn't give Glen a hope for their Championship meeting.

redzone

Chrisie mckaigues defending for the Glen goal was the worst  I've everv seen. It would be great to see Glen win it now

Leaveherlong

Think its fair to say Glen will win the title with a fair bit to spare. Overall whereas its easy to pick out individual players who played well this year, thats not the same as saying they are inter-county material  - where are the really top class players who are going to get Rory Gallagher's team into Division 2 next year or, as he has spoken about himself, Derry's first Ulster championship in over twenty years?

Silver hill

Quote from: redzone on October 08, 2019, 06:46:35 AM
Chrisie mckaigues defending for the Glen goal was the worst  I've everv seen. It would be great to see Glen win it now

Which one?

toby47

Derry will play Armagh in next years Ulster Football Championship.

If we were to win we would play the winners of Donegal/Tyrone in the Semi.

Derry Optimist

Having thought about the implications of yesterday's Ulster Senior  championship draw for Derry,  it goes without saying that according to current form Derry have no chance of reaching next year's Ulster final.According to that same line of thinking Derry will be condemned to the likely scenario of not qualifying for the Qualifiers and instead have to be content with playing in the Second Tier competition which apparently is likely to be approved of at the upcoming Special Congress next Saturday week.

However, I think that all the aces could be in Rory Gallagher's hands if he has all of the best players available for the whole League Three campaign.If so, there is no reason why Derry along with Cork can not  be promoted to Division Two.If this were to happen a winning momentum would create a feel good factor and Derry would thus qualify to play in the Qualifiers as they would now be deemed a Division Two League side,I presume.

Therefore, the onus is now on management and players to ensure that no stone is left unturned so that 2020 will be remembered as the year that Derry really took giant strides on the way up to a position of being really competitive at the top level again.The
availability of Niall Loughlin,Daniel Heavron,Kevin Johnston,Michael McEvoy(if fit) as well as some of the more promising members of the 2018 Ulster  winning U20 side should  be a huge bonus to enable the more established players to form a winning combination.

Will it ever end

I've noticed Kevin Johnson's name being heralded on this platform for years - but I don't see the attraction - would he get in a half back line ahead of the 3 that started against Laois this year? Would he start ahead of a fit McEvoy / McCluskey / Doherty ... not for me!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Anyone know what the directive from Derry is for next year on the proposed new underage grades?

Keyser soze

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 11, 2019, 10:41:49 AM
Anyone know what the directive from Derry is for next year on the proposed new underage grades?

The opposite of whatever the clubs vote for sans doute.

allseasons

Quote from: Peter john on October 10, 2019, 10:27:07 PM
I see Paddy Downey got the chop at the loughshore,muppet
He had plenty of 'muppets' to work with too. The 'muppet show' maybe  :P

allseasons

On a more serious note, Armagh not a bad draw for us. Think most would see it as a winnable game?
Interesting time ahead with new management and maybe some new players to freshen up the panel.

Hoof Hearted

On next weeks senior final  - when is the last time 30 players took the field not having one senior final appearance between them ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012