?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Glenman93

Friday 7th September 2018
8 15 PM Coleraine Vs Glenullin   Coleraine by 10. Coleraine just far too strong.

Saturday 8th September 2018
2 00 PM The Loup  Vs  Claudy  Loup by 2. Could be closer than many think.
6 00 PM Swatragh  Vs  Glen    Draw. I'll sit on the fence for this one.
7 30 PM Ballinascreen Vs  Bellaghy  Screen by 4. Break has helped screen

Sunday 9th September 2018
12.30PM Greenlough  Vs   Sean O'Leary GAC Newbridge  Bridge by 2.
2 00 PM Kilrea  Vs  Ballinderry  Ballinderry by 3.
6 00 PM Lavey  Vs  Dungiven  Lavey by 5.
7 30 PM Magherafelt  Vs  Slaughtneil  Slaughtneil by 2.

thepundit

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 29, 2018, 04:12:19 PM
Quote from: thepundit on August 29, 2018, 02:53:30 PM
The new leagues have not even started and there are people complaining already about them! Give them a bloody chance! Derrys league has been a nothing tournament for the past decade with only Magherafelt believing it was an achievement to win it! Finally this year we had a bit of excitement in the league, all be it towards the relegation zone! For too long teams have yoyo'd from senior to intermediate! As well as that teams unwilling to get promoted and on the other hand teams scrapping survival in division 1. This new restruction of leagues in my opinion is promoting exciting competitive games which the neutral will be willing to watch! The teams that were relegated this year under the restructuring did not do enough this year to maintain their league status! As for the Junior teams that are struggling to field. Take a look at their championship squads for this season. Sean Dolans who failed to field a number of league games suddenly have about 30 men? Says it all really

No offence to you but you are talking a pile of manure, you sound to me like somebody who doesn't attend many league matches if you think it has been a nothing tournament for 10 years.

The new structures will only make a lot of these things a lot worse than they were previously in terms of yoyoing as you put it. You obviously believe a 12 team senior league won't be as competitive as the 16 team was and nobody will be relegated in future. Pure balderdash.

No i believe that the teams that got relegated this year in both senior and intermediate were not good enough for the leagues they were in! Kilrea for example who got relegated with the most points have struggled the past 2/3 seasons. I think the new revamped 1b will be better for them. Same for the other teams in senior and intermediate. I think the leagues promote championship like fixtures every week! Therefore improving the standard of wanting to win the league!

shawshank

Tell u what the new leagues will definitely do, ensure clubs will have only 11 league games instead of 15, four games less. All to increase county football games and especially generate more money

screenexile

Quote from: shawshank on August 31, 2018, 11:01:32 PM
Tell u what the new leagues will definitely do, ensure clubs will have only 11 league games instead of 15, four games less. All to increase county football games and especially generate more money

How does it generate more money? Even if the County team we're going well we'd have no supporters and there's no fortune to be made in supporters going to County matches!

Josey Wales

The football will become alot worse also.  Teams now will play everyone behind the ball as the risk of defeat is to large.  There won't be many free scoring games as there has been in 16 team league.

shawshank

Quote from: screenexile on September 02, 2018, 08:16:29 PM

How does it generate more money? Even if the County team we're going well we'd have no supporters and there's no fortune to be made in supporters going to County matches!

It generates more money because there are more county games, the only reason this format (super 8s) was introduced. And it is the club scene that is having its league games reduced  :o

lenny

Quote from: shawshank on September 03, 2018, 11:27:51 AM

It generates more money because there are more county games, the only reason this format (super 8s) was introduced. And it is the club scene that is having its league games reduced  :o

With only 11 league games will we go back to group stages for championship? That would mean 3 more matches for everyone. Most other counties seem to be going that way.

Derry Optimist

Was at the All Ireland final in Croke Park yesterday.As a Derry man the highlight for me was the presentation to the crowd of our 1993 All Ireland heroes and winners in every sense of the word.In a life time of watching annually other great teams of the past taking their deserved bow I must say that no group of men were as enthusiastically received or applauded so loudly as Derry were yesterday.

The greatest applause was deservedly reserved for Eamonn Coleman's daughter Margaret who ably represented her late father.The team were all very dignified as they took their place on the national stage which they had adorned so long on the playing pitches of Ireland.

I must also heartily congratulate Thomas Niblock on the magnificent and expert manner in which he introduced each of the participants.He delivered it all with great feeling and panache. This added greatly to the overall presentation. Well done to all the players and to Thomas for a wonderful cameo of a terrific Derry team.

Josey Wales

Quote from: lenny on September 03, 2018, 12:20:44 PM
Quote from: shawshank on September 03, 2018, 11:27:51 AM

With only 11 league games will we go back to group stages for championship? That would mean 3 more matches for everyone. Most other counties seem to be going that way.

Clubs have unanimously voted for the club championship not to be group stages a couple of times over the past few years.

So in saying that, yes the county board will probably make it group stages to finance the county team and go against clubs wishes as usual.

tonesfirstandlast

You know something. I have just come to the decision that I know nothing about football.

Link

Quote from: Derry Optimist on September 03, 2018, 12:48:32 PM
Was at the All Ireland final in Croke Park yesterday.As a Derry man the highlight for me was the presentation to the crowd of our 1993 All Ireland heroes and winners in every sense of the word.In a life time of watching annually other great teams of the past taking their deserved bow I must say that no group of men were as enthusiastically received or applauded so loudly as Derry were yesterday.

The greatest applause was deservedly reserved for Eamonn Coleman's daughter Margaret who ably represented her late father.The team were all very dignified as they took their place on the national stage which they had adorned so long on the playing pitches of Ireland.

I must also heartily congratulate Thomas Niblock on the magnificent and expert manner in which he introduced each of the participants.He delivered it all with great feeling and panache. This added greatly to the overall presentation. Well done to all the players and to Thomas for a wonderful cameo of a terrific Derry team.

Anyone know if this footage is available online anywhere?

restorepride

If Thomas did such a great job, how come he left out Seamus Downey?  Remember the goal in 93?! Major error on the national stage.  Anyone can make a mistake but it sounded like he hadn't done enough practice.

JoG2

Quote from: Link on September 03, 2018, 04:19:22 PM

Anyone know if this footage is available online anywhere?

Missed it myself. Maybe the Derry website will have it up at some stage.

Huge weekend of football ahead. Anyone buy a championship season ticket? Didn't myself as I'm not about during a couple of the weekends

Champion The Wonder Horse

Friday 7th September 2018
8 15 PM Coleraine vs  Glenullin

Saturday 8th September 2018
2 00 PM The Loup  Vs  Claudy
6 00 PM Swatragh  Vs  Watty Graham's
7 30 PM Screen  Vs  Bellaghy 

Sunday 9th September 2018
12.30PM Greenlough  Vs   Sean O'Leary GAC Newbridge 
2 00 PM Kilrea  Vs  Ballinderry
6 00 PM Lavey  Vs  Dungiven
7 30 PM Magherafelt  Vs  Slaughtneil

Link

Any odds out for the games this weekend?