Mayo v Donegal - Sunday 2nd April 2pm MacHale Park

Started by Farrandeelin, March 27, 2017, 05:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 04, 2017, 12:05:12 AM
Mayo gave as good as they got there, quite the one eyed commentary here.

Diarmuid O'Connor becoming every bit as unlikable as his brother of late, lots of nasty tackles and antics from him. You'd swear Mayo are as white as pure snow at times on here.

Not surprising to see O'Shea's gamesmanship getting swept under the rug again.

Your own lads showed great Gamesmanship at the end of last week's game. Glass houses come to mind.  ;)

moysider

Diarmuid O'Connor becoming every bit as unlikable as his brother of late, lots of nasty tackles and antics from him. You'd swear Mayo are as white as pure snow at times on here.

I think at this stage we all can agree that nobody likes anybody much. If a neutral likes a Mayo player - and I was the manager -  I would drop him. I don't like any Kerry, Dublin, Monaghan, Donegal or Tyrone players. Emyln Mulligan is a player I like but maybe because he is never going to be a threat, is he?

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on April 04, 2017, 12:36:35 AM

I think at this stage we all can agree that nobody likes anybody much. If a neutral likes a Mayo player - and I was the manager -  I would drop him. I don't like any Kerry, Dublin, Monaghan, Donegal or Tyrone players. Emyln Mulligan is a player I like but maybe because he is never going to be a threat, is he?

Hard not to like Rob Hennelly here anyways.

J70

Its a game FFS.

Never beat the deeler

Bit of a bizarre reason to drop a player. Anyone got Jim Gavin's number? I want to tell him I like Diarmuid Connolly and Brian Fenton
Hasta la victoria siempre

Maroon Manc

Maybe I'm just imagining it but COC appears to be not as accurate as he used to be with the frees?

blast05

I've watched the 'schmozzle' section of the video multiple times (from ~9:00 on) ..... i can see 3 clean head punches ... 2 of them were by Michael Murphy - one on Diarmuid O'C and 1 on Aidan O'Shea. The 3rd punch was by a Donegal guy on Aidan (he showed remarkable restraint not to react to that one).
Please highlight where Mayo gave as good as they got in that incident in terms of cheap-shot head punches.

If there was a CCCC for referees then 3 boys on charge on Sunday should have been charged for their handling of that scrap

From the Bunker

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 04, 2017, 01:26:17 PM
Maybe I'm just imagining it but COC appears to be not as accurate as he used to be with the frees?

It's not your imagination! He's been off the boil. that said, Sunday was a difficult day for taking frees. Even Michael Murphy turned down a decent opportunity at one stage and did a short pass backwards.

Have to say I am really looking forward to meeting Galway this year in Salthill.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 04, 2017, 02:29:49 PM

It's not your imagination! He's been off the boil. that said, Sunday was a difficult day for taking frees. Even Michael Murphy turned down a decent opportunity at one stage and did a short pass backwards.

Have to say I am really looking forward to meeting Galway this year in Salthill.

You more than me bunker.

Mayo4Sam

Sickening arrogance
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Hopefully the lads won't be complacent against Sligo. Ya know, the way they were supposed to be last year against Galway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

criostlinn

Ok. We get it. You don't like Mayo. You don't like Aiden O'Shea or Cillian O'Connor.
But someone has gone to the bother of posting up a video. Did you even look at it.

What kinda gobshites are left posting on this board

whitey

Quote from: blast05 on April 04, 2017, 01:44:51 PM

I've watched the 'schmozzle' section of the video multiple times (from ~9:00 on) ..... i can see 3 clean head punches ... 2 of them were by Michael Murphy - one on Diarmuid O'C and 1 on Aidan O'Shea. The 3rd punch was by a Donegal guy on Aidan (he showed remarkable restraint not to react to that one).
Please highlight where Mayo gave as good as they got in that incident in terms of cheap-shot head punches.

If there was a CCCC for referees then 3 boys on charge on Sunday should have been charged for their handling of that scrap

Also blatant kick by the Donegal eight right in front of Deegan

So instead of questioning why Reilly failed to issue 2 red cards during that sequence of play, the media are questioning whether O Shea made a meal out of the contact with the guy who got sent off

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 04, 2017, 12:31:17 AM

Your own lads showed great Gamesmanship at the end of last week's game. Glass houses come to mind.  ;)

I won't deny or pretend it doesn't happen with us.

But it's not all one way and it's pinned to our log when we are out of line the way it's excused or brushed under the carpet when other counties are involved.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: blast05 on April 04, 2017, 01:44:51 PM

Any chance of looking at the actions of some of your own players?