Mayo v Donegal - Sunday 2nd April 2pm MacHale Park

Started by Farrandeelin, March 27, 2017, 05:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Donegal have totally lost their composure here.

Mayo by one.

From the Bunker

maigheo

J70

Disappointing second half. Donegal lost their discipline and composure and kept turning it over.

Good lesson for these young players I suppose.

Looks like Kerry draw the short straw! :P

maigheo

Good win in the end with OShea,Higgins ,Parsons and Keegan driving us on to victory

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on April 02, 2017, 04:05:41 PM
How did Cormac get on?

He was like an extra man for us in the second half. Gave us everything. All is not forgiven!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mayo4Sam

Donegal should have had three lads sent off rather than the one they did.

Odd game, we were completely outplayed in the first half, fouled the Donegal lads every time they came near us, looked like it could get out of hand on the score board. Second half we bring AOS on and Donegal go flat out to bust him, lifts the crowd and our players, we destroy them.

Excellent from AOS when he came on and kept his cool when he really was targeted. Nally was v good, KMcL, Parsons, Coen all had good games.

Great to see some spirit because they didn't know Roscommon would win, so this mattered not that you would have thought it in the first half

Edit: looked like a criminal decision for the penalty
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on April 02, 2017, 04:48:48 PM
At least the healing process has begun.

Lost control of the second half! He was all over the place. If I was a Donegal supporter I'd not be too happy (if the game mattered to win). A game like today shows you the power in influencing a (weak) referee by a large partisan crowd in a home game. An incident occurred in front of the main stand and from then on Cormac was only going to swing one way! And boy did he swing!

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jinxy on April 02, 2017, 04:05:41 PM
How did Cormac get on?

As we have always said here in Mayo he is the best in the business!  ;D ;D
Good comeback but seriously Donegal got absolutely rode by Reilly in the second half!! Worth at least 4 points to us probably more!!
O'Shea made a huge difference in the middle when he came on and turned the tide for us.

BluestackBoy

Just as well this game didn't count for anything important or Cormac Reilly could add Donegal to Mayo as counties he might be well advised to steer clear of ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D In all seriousness though, how a man with no balls of any description gets to referee big county games is beyond me.

Having said that Donegal got a big lesson today & when push literally came to shove they were found wanting. Rory Gallagher has plenty to work on in the coming weeks.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Beffs

Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 02, 2017, 06:11:49 PM
Just as well this game didn't count for anything important or Cormac Reilly could add Donegal to Mayo as counties he might be well advised to steer clear of ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D In all seriousness though, how a man with no balls of any description gets to referee big county games is beyond me.

Having said that Donegal got a big lesson today & when push literally came to shove they were found wanting. Rory Gallagher has plenty to work on in the coming weeks.

That is a bit much, considering Donegal came into today as a decent bet to make the final & Mayo were staring relegation in the face. Mayo have been found wanting, when push has come to shove in this years league too.

criostlinn

Cormac Reilly did not lose the game for Donegal today. It was their complete lack of discipline for the last 20 mins. What was it with the sight of Aiden O'Shea coming onto the field that had them going from playing decent football and controlling the game to this all out targeting of a player who is not even remotely fit and if they just got on with the game probably wouldn't have had much effect on it. Like the Tymoanies the week before the young Donegal bucks got all excited with the sight of the big man. You could put it down to lack of experience but the worst offender was Murphy who went totally out of the game for the last 20 and became obsessed with having a go with O'Shea

larryin89

Wow, for a board I used to respect that's twice now in as many weeks the comments following a game have have beeen totally off . Wtf like seriously, what on earth were Ye watching, Mayo and esp AOS were fooking brilliant , Ye question discipline but they couldn't cope with him he was a mountain .

Bunch of fookin tossers in here , not a clue . Just because you're capable of stringing a coherent rational balance to your posts does not equate to knowledge , yer pussies man , not a clue.

Up Mayo hahaha
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .