Tuam Babies

Started by Tubberman, March 03, 2017, 09:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

The Nuns really were c***ts. There was a woman on the Late Late show on Friday telling her story of what she had to endure in one of these homes. Horrible bitches the lot of them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: T Fearon on March 05, 2017, 12:35:14 PM
The hypocrisy on this thread is truly unbelievable.Full of fake statistics,half truths and downright insults and potentially libelous comments against the Catholic Church >:(.

For your info there was high infant mortality rates up to the 60s.The nuns did not cause these deaths.It was common practice for corpses of young and old to be buried in unmarked graves.Not so long ago in Portadown the corpses of 40 nuns were exhumed and re interred in consecrated grounds.

So acquaint yourself with the facts before spouting manufactured indignation.

Also it is time whoever moderates this board to do their jobs and nip libellous threads like this in the bud😠😠
libellous to whom? the babies? their families?

keep your head in the sand

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on March 05, 2017, 12:35:14 PM
The hypocrisy on this thread is truly unbelievable.Full of fake statistics,half truths and downright insults and potentially libelous comments against the Catholic Church >:(.

For your info there was high infant mortality rates up to the 60s.The nuns did not cause these deaths.It was common practice for corpses of young and old to be buried in unmarked graves.Not so long ago in Portadown the corpses of 40 nuns were exhumed and re interred in consecrated grounds.

So acquaint yourself with the facts before spouting manufactured indignation.

Also it is time whoever moderates this board to do their jobs and nip libellous threads like this in the bud😠😠
Neglect was whose fault?

T Fearon

Neglect still occurs in all walks of life.It is the fault of individuals not of any institution.

Main Street

Is there evidence of abuse against these Bon Secours nuns recorded in the Historic Abuse Inquiry?
There's plenty of witness evidence of cruelty, physical/sexual abuse and sadism, directed against the Nazareths and other nun orders.
According to Catherine Corless, 796 children died in the period 1925 - 1961 in Tuam
Each death was registered and records were kept.
Over a 2 year period she purchased death certificates @ €4 each, total cost €3,184
Causes of deaths were recorded. However there were no burial records.
"Many of the children were buried in an unofficial graveyard at the rear of the former home, a small grassy space has been attended for decades by local people who have planted roses and other flowers there, and put up a grotto in one corner."

She says between 1925 - 1937  some 200 infants died in the institution.
That death rate was as high, if not higher than the worst slums in urban Ireland

The questions of due care would definitely arise after 1946 when enforced all round sanitation improvements were implemented around the country and subsequently the infant death rate dropped dramatically . Nevertheless, the infant death rate in this institution remained at these highest levels right through the 1950s.

FL/MAYO

There was a home out in Clifden where the nuns would punish the kids by sticking needles into the children and injecting them with water. I am not surprised with what happened in Tuam.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: ONeill on March 04, 2017, 10:51:07 PM
Yes to that. It grates with me somewhat but it's simply a matter of the other half having the say. For me it's a game and I don't really care enough for it to be too divisive. They do nothing beyond what school asks of them.

Same here with us, my son is getting ready for his first communion at the moment. Last year at Easter they were talking about Jesus rising from the dead on Easter Sunday, on the way home he asked me was Jesus a zombie ;D

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on March 05, 2017, 01:59:47 PM
Neglect still occurs in all walks of life.It is the fault of individuals not of any institution.
Didn't work at Nuremberg

Avondhu star

Quote from: T Fearon on March 05, 2017, 01:59:47 PM
If the Fuhrer knew about what was happening there would be hell to pay
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Tony Baloney

Quote from: FL/MAYO on March 05, 2017, 03:15:22 PM
Yes to that. It grates with me somewhat but it's simply a matter of the other half having the say. For me it's a game and I don't really care enough for it to be too divisive. They do nothing beyond what school asks of them.

Same here with us, my son is getting ready for his first communion at the moment. Last year at Easter they were talking about Jesus rising from the dead on Easter Sunday, on the way home he asked me was Jesus a zombie ;D
;D Revisionist!

orangeman

Sisters of mercy ?.

Very sad all round. A truly horrible story.

Take Your Points

He must be quite an intelligent child taking an abstract notion like the resurrection and relating it to his own life experience but I would have to ask why is he being allowed to watch the Walking Dead?

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 05, 2017, 06:47:04 PM

He must be quite an intelligent child taking an abstract notion like the resurrection and relating it to his own life experience but I would have to ask why is he being allowed to watch the Walking Dead?

Lol, I have no idea where he got the idea from, but I was quite proud of his thinking. It made perfect sense to me.anyway :)

seafoid

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/magdalene-survivors-call-for-the-excavation-of-180-sites-1.2998902

Calling for a wider disinterment programme, the Justice for Magdalenes research group said it had compiled a list of 180 institutions, agencies and individuals charged with the care of unmarried mothers and their children.