Dublin v Mayo 4th March

Started by Farrandeelin, February 28, 2017, 03:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Really don't think higgans will retire for another couple of yrs yet
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Maroon Manc

Thats some depth of quality the Dubs have in their forward line. Any 6 from Kilkenny, Flynn, Connolly, Rock, Andrews, McMenamon, Brogan, Costello, Mannion, O'Gara, O'Callaghan, Scully & McHugh.

rosnarun

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 03, 2017, 04:09:31 PM
Thats some depth of quality the Dubs have in their forward line. Any 6 from Kilkenny, Flynn, Connolly, Rock, Andrews, McMenamon, Brogan, Costello, Mannion, O'Gara, O'Callaghan, Scully & McHugh.
true but if you apply the sam standards and rule out
O'Gara, McManamon, Brogan and flynn are past it O'Callaghan, Scully & McHugh. are too raw
you'd hardly have a forward line at all 
worrying times for the dubs

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Cunny Funt

Quote from: rosnarun on March 03, 2017, 04:25:28 PM
true but if you apply the sam standards and rule out
O'Gara, McManamon, Brogan and flynn are past it O'Callaghan, Scully & McHugh. are too raw
you'd hardly have a forward line at all 
worrying times for the dubs
Decent target man but I never rated O Gara that highly. Mcmanamon,Brogan and Flynn if well rested during the league are well capable of having good championships. O Callaghan McHugh might be a little raw but both could be impact subs like Costello was in the All Ireland final replay.

Farrandeelin

Drake for Conor O'Shea the only change for Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayoaremagic

I don't think mayo will go all out for the Dublin game. I do think Dublin will though, with Connolly back in, maybe some gametime for Bernard brogan too. I would like to see us box clever though, and stick someone else on Connolly, with keegan just let rampage up the field. He is going to be fitter than most at this time of the year. That would catch them unawares.

Dublin are set up to counter honest, but naïve ball to the inside line. Donegal were very smart in that they just retained possession and ran hard at the scoring zone before popping it back out. A bit like Italy in the rugby, they chose not to play Dublin's game, and it worked. They picked up free after free, as Dublin's highly aggressive tackling, which is so effective when running out to contest a ball, was working against them in open play. We have the runners to do this even better than donegal did, and the place kicker to punish it.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: mayoaremagic on March 03, 2017, 09:43:49 PM
I don't think mayo will go all out for the Dublin game. I do think Dublin will though, with Connolly back in, maybe some gametime for Bernard brogan too. I would like to see us box clever though, and stick someone else on Connolly, with keegan just let rampage up the field. He is going to be fitter than most at this time of the year. That would catch them unawares.

Dublin are set up to counter honest, but naïve ball to the inside line. Donegal were very smart in that they just retained possession and ran hard at the scoring zone before popping it back out. A bit like Italy in the rugby, they chose not to play Dublin's game, and it worked. They picked up free after free, as Dublin's highly aggressive tackling, which is so effective when running out to contest a ball, was working against them in open play. We have the runners to do this even better than donegal did, and the place kicker to punish it.

Solid, thoughtful stuff there MayoAreMagic. Plenty of food for thought.

I see David Coldrick is doing the whistling. I hope he's on his game - between weather and familiarity breeding contempt I expect this one to be feisty.

Beffs

Boy. That is an awful lot of unfettered optimism, considering it is from a county that:

- hasn't beaten Dublin in 5 years
- has had 10 failed attempts at doing so, since 2012.
- has never beaten Jim Gavin's Dubs.

Best of luck with that so.

Captain Obvious

I don't think mayo will go all out for the Dublin game. I do think Dublin will though

I stopped reading after this bit. Dublin who have won the last number of All Irelands and NFL titles will go all out for this game. Get a grip on yourself.

macdanger2

Bringing my niece & nephew to this tomorrow - What's the story with juvenile tickets? Do I just pay full price and claimmmoney back at the gate?

mayoaremagic

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 03, 2017, 11:04:07 PM
I don't think mayo will go all out for the Dublin game. I do think Dublin will though

I stopped reading after this bit. Dublin who have won the last number of All Irelands and NFL titles will go all out for this game. Get a grip on yourself.

This is a gaa discussion. That is what the board is for man.

You don't have to part take if you don't want to, particularly if you think the Dublin gaa page is tragic..

mayoaremagic

overrated forwards .They haven't scored a goal from play against us in last 3 games

Beffs

They didn't have to. You scored them for them.  ;D

moysider

Quote from: Beffs on March 03, 2017, 10:20:13 PM

Boy. That is an awful lot of unfettered optimism, considering it is from a county that:

- hasn't beaten Dublin in 5 years
- has had 10 failed attempts at doing so, since 2012.
- has never beaten Jim Gavin's Dubs.

Best of luck with that so.

No need to be so sniffy Beffs.
Mayo have performed well against 'Jim Gavin's Dubs'. Especially considering how well the dice is loaded in favour of 'Jim Gavin's Dubs',
I don't think Mayo will be too bothered about this - don't think Dublin will either. This is not the time of year for either team to be throwing any kind of shapes. Dublin will probably win another league. Mayo should stay in div.1. Seriously unlikely that either team takes this very seriously. Dublin have nothing to prove. 5/6 months too soon/late for Mayo to prove anything. Mayo beating Dublin next Saturday night would mean sweet f**k all.

Beffs

Not getting sniffy at all, old thing. I have already stated in this thread, that the Dubs don't seem to be motoring as well this year. I'm not entirely sure what the significance of my using the phrase 'Jim Gavin's Dubs' is supposed to be. In my brain, it simply meant the Dublin team managed by Jim Gavin, as opposed to other Dublin managers. If you want to read something deeper into it, knock yourself out. What ever you want to call them....Jim Gavin's Dubs, Mayo's Arch Nemisis, the Philly Phanatics, or Leeroys Bitches...Mayo's recent win/loss record against them, is what it is. Bringing that up, when making predictions about tomorrows game is relevant, is it not?