Tír Eoghain vs Muineachán, Omagh, Saturday 4th March @19:00 (water permitting)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 28, 2017, 09:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Right, with the Cavan game parked for now, here's hoping the Kerry animals have softened these hallions up a bit last Sunday for our showdown with them this Saturday evening ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Fuzzman

2 years ago Monaghan beat us quite comprehensively in Omagh and they seem to be off to a flying start with away wins over Mayo and Kerry already. You would imagine though this game will be more like the Cavan game with a lot more bodies in defence.
Both teams will be hoping to meet each other again in the Ulster final this year as they are in opposite sides of the draw and whilst Monaghan have still to beat the red hands in Croker, they don't seem to fear them any more in Ulster.
If Monaghan win this they will fancy their chances to make the league final.

I see they held O'Donoghue and Geaney scoreless from play though both scored 3 frees each.

Do Monaghan have a few injury worries, I though I heard O'Rourke say after the game on the radio?

31/01/15
Round 1   Tyrone    0-09 – 1-13   Monaghan    Healy Park, Omagh
Referee: P Hughes

D McCurry (0-4), P Hughes (0-2), A McCrory (0-1), N Morgan (0-1), S Cavanagh (0-1)   
S Gollogly (1-1), D McKenna (0-2), D Mone (0-2), K Hughes (0-2), P Finlay (0-2), C McManus (0-1), D Hughes (0-1), D Malone (0-1), R McAnespie (0-1)

Schkite

We're motoring well in the league this year so this would normally be a great time to beat them Tyrone hoors, but all things considered this will be a tough one on Saturday.

Tyrone will be that bit fresher after the Cavan game was postponed, and we had 3 or 4 lads off injured against Kerry. I believe Walshe tweaked his hamstring and Darren Hughes went off with concussion, so I wouldn't be surprised if both were out and that's two big losses. The defence is doing well and the form of the likes of Doogan and McCarron is encouraging early in the year, but I can see why Tyrone will be strongly favoured here.

omagh_gael

Taylor

Interesting game in store.
Monaghan are flying and are really cutting into teams - playing on or across the line if you like.

After the Dublin team will be a good barometer of where we are at this year.

Irrespective of the result I feel Monaghan have peaked far too early. The one thing we cant allow them to do is to lay down a marker and walk all over our lads.

No rain forecast for Saturday so at least we can be sure of a game  ;D

Main Street

The Monaghan shirts are carrying an amount of blood splatter after the first 3 games. Will big Sean sit this one out for his own safety?

I can imagine Dick Clerkin tossing and turning in his sleep in great anticipation, just out of habit.

Schkite

Quote from: Taylor on February 28, 2017, 01:42:50 PM
Monaghan are flying and are really cutting into teams - playing on or across the line if you like.

Irrespective of the result I feel Monaghan have peaked far too early
. The one thing we cant allow them to do is to lay down a marker and walk all over our lads.

I don't know how you could come to that conclusion when it's still February.

Main Street

Quote from: Schkite on February 28, 2017, 02:02:28 PM

. The one thing we cant allow them to do is to lay down a marker and walk all over our lads.

He's in a fearful state, poor lad,  "cant allow them to do is to lay down a marker and walk all over our lads".

What I read is ´Monaghan are going to walk all over us'  'please  please don't let that happen'

Taylor

Quote from: Main Street on February 28, 2017, 02:12:56 PM
Quote from: Schkite on February 28, 2017, 02:02:28 PM

He's in a fearful state, poor lad,  "cant allow them to do is to lay down a marker and walk all over our lads".

What I read is ´Monaghan are going to walk all over us'  'please  please don't let that happen'

;D ;D

It is a distinct possibility given the ferocity you have come at other teams.

Dont worry about big Sean - these are the sort of games he loves - the muck savages chasing after him roaring and frothing at the mouth hold no fear

God14

Dire Ear

Main Street

Main Street

I hope there will be no repeat of these dark arts to shut down a Monaghan attack this Saturday evening,  as seen here  in the 2015 league game at Omagh, just after Darren Hughes shrugs off an attempt to drag him down, is bearing down on goal and then somebody has the "bright" idea to do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKgsTg1sEwU