Piegate

Started by imtommygunn, February 21, 2017, 05:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChara

Quote from: laoislad on February 22, 2017, 07:52:29 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 22, 2017, 07:34:40 PM
Apropos of nothing really, this reminds me of a time I went to a Limerick v Waterford eirtricity league game. There was a crowd of probably less than the number of players but there was woeful slagging from the Limerick fans to Jimmy Gough the waterford manager. I think he managed limerick previously.  Anyway one hefty lad was giving him some slagging,  not overly nasty but fairly cutting about his team and leaving Limerick. 

Gough turned around and said "Shut up you fat b**tard". The 'crowd' all went oooooooh but the fan never skipped a beat.

"I might be a fat b**tard, but I can lose weight. You'll always be an ugly b**tard."
Probably wasn't the first time he was called a fat b**tard so he had his answer ready.

Is that not pretty much what Churchill told the woman giving of about him being drunk.

stew

Quote from: MoChara on February 23, 2017, 10:46:45 AM
Quote from: laoislad on February 22, 2017, 07:52:29 PM
Apropos of nothing really, this reminds me of a time I went to a Limerick v Waterford eirtricity league game. There was a crowd of probably less than the number of players but there was woeful slagging from the Limerick fans to Jimmy Gough the waterford manager. I think he managed limerick previously.  Anyway one hefty lad was giving him some slagging,  not overly nasty but fairly cutting about his team and leaving Limerick. 

Gough turned around and said "Shut up you fat b**tard". The 'crowd' all went oooooooh but the fan never skipped a beat.

"I might be a fat b**tard, but I can lose weight. You'll always be an ugly b**tard."
Probably wasn't the first time he was called a fat b**tard so he had his answer ready.

Is that not pretty much what Churchill told the woman giving of about him being drunk.

Churchill was a bit more refined about it buy essentially, yes.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

The lad allowed himself to be used but hardly deserved to be fired for something like this, the bookies got the publicity they wanted at his expense as did the club, the only injured party here is the coach.

PC has gone mad long ago, he was wrong to do what he did but given his record and sterling work at the club he deserved to be treated far better than that.

Puckoon

It's not like he won't be back at the club after the smoke and fame from the cup run blows over.

stew

Quote from: Puckoon on February 23, 2017, 11:56:04 AM
It's not like he won't be back at the club after the smoke and fame from the cup run blows over.

He is destroyed by the whole thing, he seems to think it is permanent, I hope you are right.

Avondhu star

That's like the one told about Cork His. A dog ran on to the pitch at Flower Lodge and the Hibs manager
ran to catch. Someone in the crowd shouted. "Leave the dog on and take off Donie Wallace"
It's a good  story whether true or not
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you