Author Topic: Super 8s  (Read 33011 times)

LooseCannon

• View Profile
    • http://www.uibhfhaili.com/
Re: Super 8s
« Reply #810 on: March 12, 2018, 05:47:55 PM »
Just wondering with the emergence of the Super 8's could we get the first All Ireland winner to lose two Championship games. Also could we get a team knocked out without losing any games?
That has already happened - 20 years ago.
Don’t tell me that you’re a bitter klare man?  ;D
If klare were good enough, they’d have won the replay.
Loose by name, Loose by nature 😉

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #811 on: March 12, 2018, 06:11:34 PM »
Down with Biffo mob rule!!
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 12, 2018, 06:27:49 PM »
I still dont get it, I know im a biteen slow but I still havent heard one person tell me how you can run a competition on a Home, away, neutral game for each team where one team plays both their home game and neutral game at the same venue . This competition is not legitimate.
You're not wrong, but Dublin have played every semi-final and final they've been in in Croke Park so was any All-Ireland they competed in legitimate?

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 12, 2018, 06:35:24 PM »
I still dont get it, I know im a biteen slow but I still havent heard one person tell me how you can run a competition on a Home, away, neutral game for each team where one team plays both their home game and neutral game at the same venue . This competition is not legitimate.
You're not wrong, but Dublin have played every semi-final and final they've been in in Croke Park so was any All-Ireland they competed in legitimate?

I notice they avoided the Polo Ground year.
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 12, 2018, 09:20:59 PM »
Fellas come on, which is it? Dublin are going to win the AI. They'll hardly lose once, never mind twice. Three times is stretching it a bit for them.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 12, 2018, 10:01:01 PM »

It's called making money. You have the largest supported team, and give them ease of convenience getting to their games. The easier it is to go to these games the more that will go! Throw in the Neutral venue excuse and the everybody loves playing Dublin in Croker and the Sting is set!

Super 8 is made for the Dubs. Three games in three weeks is a nightmare for the likes of a small squad like Monaghan. Suspensions, injuries and general tiredness would even destroy Mayo/Kerry! But hey Dublin will get their turn to Turkey shoot one by one the chasing bunch on their home patch. And we'll all be told how lucky we are to be around to witness such a great spectacle!

larryin89

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 12, 2018, 10:20:06 PM »
My point is , a competition has to have rules, guidelines .

What is the name of Dublins official home ground ?

Do counties have to name a homeground or can they play it anywhere they choose ?

Home game : does that mean the distribution of tickets is controlled by the home county ?

Can the public see the guidelines for this new competition format?

Not a sheep stole in Castlebar since 1986.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 12, 2018, 10:28:41 PM »
My point is , a competition has to have rules, guidelines .

What is the name of Dublins official home ground ?

Do counties have to name a homeground or can they play it anywhere they choose ?

Home game : does that mean the distribution of tickets is controlled by the home county ?

Can the public see the guidelines for this new competition format?

Bit late for all of that! Besides nobody cares! Or at least they pretend they don't! There will be nothing in the media. It is what it is!

Rossfan

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 12, 2018, 11:33:04 PM »
Rhubarbeens getting worried about the format.
End of the 2011 to 2017 squad must be nigh😊

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 13, 2018, 06:10:45 AM »

To late in the day for worry. Our ship has sailed. Super 8 will be a disaster for the Rossies also!

larryin89

• View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 13, 2018, 06:27:41 AM »

Although that is true , our ship has sailed , you wont hear anyone that follows Mayo say otherwise unless they are deluded. That has nothing to do with my opinion on the unfairness of the super 8s  though in terms of Dublin favouritism.

Not a sheep stole in Castlebar since 1986.

Rossfan

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 13, 2018, 09:49:58 AM »
No matter what format the only thing at issue is who'll be bet by Dublin in the AI Final.
Sure it'll be a bit of craic with 7 of the rest of us playing a mini league in July to work towards that.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 13, 2018, 09:53:41 AM »
Is there any data from other Super 8 arrangements? Would a team ike the Dubs pull away or would the frequency of the matches bring up the level or 1 or 2 of the other teams? Would Super 8 improve competiveness or worsen it ?
Jaysus would you shtop

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 13, 2018, 10:15:54 AM »
I bet you have called 10 out of the last 2 recessions too

Although that is true , our ship has sailed , you wont hear anyone that follows Mayo say otherwise unless they are deluded. That has nothing to do with my opinion on the unfairness of the super 8s  though in terms of Dublin favouritism.

It has the makings of a very sad day for mayo football, its no addition me raving how great these last few years have been, as neutrals just enjoy sneering it seems at a fantastic group of players who have given their all for the cause. I'll always speak their names with pride though and I'd hope all mayo people will too.

Finest of memories and an enjoyable journey its been .

and to Complete you hypocrisy

I respect people are entitled to form an opinion obviously but id like to know what you and your ilk will do if we beat both westmeath and qf opponents ? What happens then , how can you and tommy carr et el be so wrong. The disrespect shown to this group of mayo players is fuckn disgraceful . People need to take a good look at themselves , five aisf appearances on the trot ffs man , some of ye need chokin i swear.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 13, 2018, 10:17:32 AM »
Hopefully it's scrapped ASAP so we can move on and moan about something else. Maybe something that has had a chance to occur.