Author Topic: Super 8s  (Read 61840 times)

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
Re: Super 8s
« Reply #1350 on: July 11, 2018, 04:22:55 PM »
So Dublin have made official what we all knew all along.
Croke Park IS their home ground.
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 11, 2018, 04:34:15 PM »
That or Roscommon not wanting to cause any hassle.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Orchard park

• View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 11, 2018, 04:34:16 PM »
Look st the tanking we took , 20 points a week after a draw, in lat years 1/4 final.

Without going back to the scores I feel most years 2 teams took bad pastings each year in the 1/4 final stage, guess my fear is it could happen 3 times now for a team rather than once

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 11, 2018, 04:40:12 PM »
Look st the tanking we took , 20 points a week after a draw, in lat years 1/4 final.

Without going back to the scores I feel most years 2 teams took bad pastings each year in the 1/4 final stage, guess my fear is it could happen 3 times now for a team rather than once

I probably will happen once every few years that a team that's just not ready for this stage will come in and get three pastings, but the one things I'd say is that the 4 provincial winners are always unlikely to take three heavy beatings and the other two teams in each group are qualifiers that play each other first time out. Even if that score could be kept respectable and one of them takes a hiding off the two provincial winners in the group it wouldn't be too bad.

Oldira

• View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 11, 2018, 04:47:10 PM »

In fairness if Roscommon lose their first two games and Dublin win theirs then I could see that game being moved to Parnell Park. Rossies wont travel with nothing at stake and Dublin will have qualified so no attraction for Dublin fans either. Would make sense to move to PP.

Orchard park

• View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 11, 2018, 04:50:02 PM »

In fairness if Roscommon lose their first two games and Dublin win theirs then I could see that game being moved to Parnell Park. Rossies wont travel with nothing at stake and Dublin will have qualified so no attraction for Dublin fans either. Would make sense to move to PP.

It's a double header with the u20 final sol i'd say it stays  put

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 11, 2018, 05:06:04 PM »

This wasn’t even worth typing.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #1357 on: July 11, 2018, 05:18:02 PM »
We'd have no say in it as the away team.
Time to add an addendum to the Rule book at next Congress that no County can use Croke Park as a home venue in the Quarter Finals.
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 11, 2018, 05:29:52 PM »

Hopefully there'll be 2 Connacht counties with prizes at stake.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

giveballaghback

• View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 11, 2018, 06:03:22 PM »
I see they are trying to sanitise the u20 championship by playing the final at headquarters, they have made some haymes  of this competition, most counties had to field weakened teams because they had lads doing exams, after years of commitment to development panels what would be a last chance to represent their county for a lot of lads goes up in smoke, I would particularly mention our own Connacht council in this regard, brainless whatevers.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 11, 2018, 06:14:09 PM »

We'll already be qualified for the AISF by then, Farr.

Dinny Breen

• I will repair to the Curragh of Kildare
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 12, 2018, 10:48:46 AM »

That u20 final will feature probably Kerry or Kildare both are out the day before in Killarney at 6pm in the S8 R3 game. Surely the weekend before is the time to play it.
#newbridgeornowhere

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 12, 2018, 11:01:25 AM »

Dublin could be out too

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 12, 2018, 11:09:00 AM »

We'll already be qualified for the AISF by then, Farr.

Le cúnamh Dé. And wouldn't it be nice to get revenge over Galway if ye were in the semi?
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 12, 2018, 12:24:14 PM »
I see they are trying to sanitise the u20 championship by playing the final at headquarters, they have made some haymes  of this competition, most counties had to field weakened teams because they had lads doing exams, after years of commitment to development panels what would be a last chance to represent their county for a lot of lads goes up in smoke, I would particularly mention our own Connacht council in this regard, brainless whatevers.

Agree with all that and i would be hopefully the 2019 U20 championship will be much improved as the powers to be learn from all the errors they made. Playing the semi final and final during the super 8s is more nonsense scheduling and as Dinny said supporters are expected to be in Fitzgerald Stadium Saturday evening then Croke Park Sunday for a 1pm throw in.