Rhubarbs v Stealers

Started by giveballaghback, February 12, 2017, 11:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Kirby retrospectively banned for something he did in the schemozzle at the end. For fucks sake, how come no Kerryman got any punishment? Shower of ****** in the GAA disciplinary panels. f**king joke.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 22, 2017, 06:29:29 PM
Kirby retrospectively banned for something he did in the schemozzle at the end. For f**ks sake, how come no Kerryman got any punishment? Shower of ****** in the GAA disciplinary panels. f**king joke.

Supposedly two Kerry players are retrospectively banned too along with Kirby.

Tubberman

It hardly even met the criteria of a shemozzle (strict criteria that there are).
It would be fair enough if this type of punishment has doled out consistently, but you can be guaranteed it won't be, so makes this bullshit pointless and unfair.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

Said it at the beginning. Parson should sit on his hands and take the punishment. Contesting decisions especially in the League only leaves a bad taste with the authorities. They don't like their decisions questioned. And Kirby being retrospectively punished proves this!

twohands!!!

Quote from: Tubberman on February 22, 2017, 07:58:25 PM
It hardly even met the criteria of a shemozzle (strict criteria that there are).
It would be fair enough if this type of punishment has doled out consistently, but you can be guaranteed it won't be, so makes this bullshit pointless and unfair.

Odds are very high this will be the only incident where retroactive punishment is doled out all year.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 22, 2017, 08:15:43 PM
Said it at the beginning. Parson should sit on his hands and take the punishment. Contesting decisions especially in the League only leaves a bad taste with the authorities. They don't like their decisions questioned. And Kirby being retrospectively punished proves this!

did they appeal the Parsons red?
Hasta la victoria siempre

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on February 22, 2017, 03:36:23 PM
Our starting 15 is better now than it was three years ago.
Sez who?? ;D
Since John Evans left, yeer lot are like a flock of sheep without a shepherd.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mayo.mick

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on February 22, 2017, 10:00:36 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 22, 2017, 08:15:43 PM

did they appeal the Parsons red?

Appeal was rejected
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

macdanger2

Quote from: Brapbrap on February 22, 2017, 10:29:33 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on February 22, 2017, 10:15:13 AM
Odds of 1/6 and 9/2 seem to favour mayo a bit more than they should. I'd have it more around 2/5 and 5/2

Whats the handicap?

With those odds, you'd be looking at -5 or -6

weareros

Quote from: Brapbrap on February 22, 2017, 05:19:11 PM
It's going to be a massacre

While I have some reservations about the McStay/McHale management setup and their inability to keep our  best players on panel (eg Dalys), seeing the beginnings of some of the underage swagger emerging in the style of play. Don't think this will be a massacre and in fact we are in with a good shout of winning what should be close either way. Disagree with the odds, think we'll eek out the narrow win.

Rossfan

We'll have to start getting double figures in points though. 9 points in our 2 games to date not near good enough.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Never beat the deeler

Potential banana skin here. Mayo are missing a lot of midfielders and our home form wouldn't fill you with confidence, even if Roscommon haven't won a league or Cship game in Castlebar forever.
Could end up with Vaughan and Conor O Shea or DOC at midfield. Where is Jason Gibbons?

Hasta la victoria siempre

Farrandeelin

I have an uneasy feeling about this one. As deeler said, Mayo's form in Castlebar is nothing to shout about. It certainly won't be a massacre as Brapbrap described. I'll wait until the team announcements before predicting anything.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 23, 2017, 06:30:37 AM
I have an uneasy feeling about this one. As deeler said, Mayo's form in Castlebar is nothing to shout about. It certainly won't be a massacre as Brapbrap described. I'll wait until the team announcements before predicting anything.

Jaysus, whatever you do, Farr, make sure you predict a ten point loss at the very least for us!
THh gloomier you get, the better our chances are. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Syferus on February 22, 2017, 03:36:23 PM
Our starting 15 is better now than it was three years ago.
Syf is hilarious, he's arguing with himself, "we don't have a team but by god the team we do have is the best roscommon team you've ever seen, oh hold on i'm meant to be playing down our chances. Are those my feet?"
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me