Refixture: Tír Eoghain vs An Cabhán, Omagh, Sunday 12th March @14:00

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 12, 2017, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuconnacht

No offence to either fine county but would love to see the Breffni pinch this,keep Tyrone as close to the drop as us but with the wind doubt it.thought so
Tyrone 0-19
Cavan  1-9

mrdeeds

Wind wasn't that big. Cavan changed tactics totally in second half, stopped contesting kickouts and pulled everyone back. Made no sense. Don't know why Niall Murray was took of at half time. Clerkin and Corr passengers.

Il Bomber Destro

Seemed like we were in a bit of bother in the first half but 2 more points on the board and I think a win next week at Donegal will probably be enough for us.

Looked liked the lads coming off the bench made the difference for us.

cuconnacht

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 12, 2017, 03:43:08 PM
Wind wasn't that big. Cavan changed tactics totally in second half, stopped contesting kickouts and pulled everyone back. Made no sense. Don't know why Niall Murray was took of at half time. Clerkin and Corr passengers.
Bizarre sounding tactics alright.

Itchy

Losing a half 12 to 1 is embarrassing stuff and simply not good enough. Relegated to Div2 and all progress made by Hyland is flushed down the toilet.

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on March 12, 2017, 03:02:39 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 12, 2017, 02:57:19 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 12, 2017, 02:50:35 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 12, 2017, 02:45:52 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 12, 2017, 02:44:43 PM
Did Cavan have much of a wind advantage first half?

Yeah they definitely had the wind 1st half

Couldn't go today, attending a christening, but listening on the radio and they said that it was cross field wind not really favouring anyone? Seems like a real tit for tat game until we got the goal. Really hope we can hang on, it would be a tremendous boost for us.

Definitely in Cavan's favour, flags right beside me and blowing straight up the pitch

Fair enough, is it worth 4 points?
I listed to the 2nd half NS radio commentary. They said with a scientific certainty that there was some, but not much wind advantage for Cavan in the first half up until the 20th minute when the wind picked up a bit and became a factor and remained a factor right throughout the 2nd half.

Syferus

Quote from: Main Street on March 12, 2017, 04:23:57 PM

Couldn't go today, attending a christening, but listening on the radio and they said that it was cross field wind not really favouring anyone? Seems like a real tit for tat game until we got the goal. Really hope we can hang on, it would be a tremendous boost for us.

Definitely in Cavan's favour, flags right beside me and blowing straight up the pitch

I listed to the 2nd half NS radio commentary. They said with a scientific certainty that there was some, but not much wind advantage for Cavan in the first half up until the 20th minute when the wind picked up a bit and became a factor and remained a factor right throughout the 2nd half.

SS-NS couldn't tell you with scientific certainty that it was night or day..

Main Street

Quote from: Syferus on March 12, 2017, 04:28:09 PM

I did suspect Tyrone used a wind machine of sorts, finally got it started after 20 minutes and didn't notice it was blowing the wrong way.

Anyway congrats to Tyrone on their victory, it must come as a relief to secure 1st Div status, unlike last year when they were  ignominiously relegated.

Fuzzman

Quote from: Main Street link=topic=27675.msg1677645#msg1677645 date=

Anyway congrats to Tyrone on their victory and returning back to the top of division 1 where they belong.
Fair play Main Street. Glad you finally came to your senses.
Would rather might ye in the final though.

In hiding

Quote from: Main Street on March 12, 2017, 04:39:13 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 12, 2017, 04:28:09 PM

I did suspect Tyrone used a wind machine of sorts, finally got it started after 20 minutes and didn't notice it was blowing the wrong way.

Anyway congrats to Tyrone on their victory, it must come as a relief to secure 1st Div status, unlike last year when they were  ignominiously relegated.
Last year Tyrone won division 2. Yeah I know what you were trying to say but you're such a dummy you weren't able to get it right. Ah well

seafoid

I can see Ros and Cavan going straight to Division 3 next year

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Itchy on March 12, 2017, 04:03:15 PM
Losing a half 12 to 1 is embarrassing stuff and simply not good enough. Relegated to Div2 and all progress made by Hyland is flushed down the toilet.
Hard to know what Cavan progress has been lost. Division one has the top six teams in Ireland in Monaghan,Kerry,Tyrone,Mayo,Donegal and Dublin. Cavan will learn a lot more about themselves losing division one games by six or seven points instead of any win in division two or three.

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on March 12, 2017, 05:48:20 PM
I can see Ros and Cavan going straight to Division 3 next year
Hopefully ye're underachievers will be there to welcome us.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 12, 2017, 06:04:15 PM
Hard to know what Cavan progress has been lost. Division one has the top six teams in Ireland in Monaghan,Kerry,Tyrone,Mayo,Donegal and Dublin. Cavan will learn a lot more about themselves losing division one games by six or seven points instead of any win in division two or three.

Getting promoted to the top 8 is progress. Getting relegated out of the top 8 is wasting that progress. Is that difficult to understand. This manager has talked the greatest loss of old nonsense I've heard in a long time. People wanted Hyland run out of town to get us to the next level with a new man and being honest this man could bring us down 2 levels. Lest we forget we were unlucky to lose by a point to Tyrone in the league last year.0

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Itchy on March 12, 2017, 06:17:17 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 12, 2017, 06:04:15 PM

Getting promoted to the top 8 is progress. Getting relegated out of the top 8 is wasting that progress. Is that difficult to understand. This manager has talked the greatest loss of old nonsense I've heard in a long time. People wanted Hyland run out of town to get us to the next level with a new man and being honest this man could bring us down 2 levels. Lest we forget we were unlucky to lose by a point to Tyrone in the league last year.0

Very doubtful if Cavan would have stayed up if Hyland was still manager. Only division two,three league progress was made under him he was replaced because of the lack of championship progress. Lest we forget the July championship result was Tyrone 5-18 Cavan 2-17