Dublin v Tyrone. 11/02/17. Croke Park, Dublin.

Started by omagh_gael, February 06, 2017, 12:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: redzone on February 11, 2017, 11:03:53 PM
For me a lot of Dublin players found out tonight when it was put upto them. Michaek darragh(seriously poty)+Kilkenny, brilliant when the thing is going well, but very average when it's put upto them. If only other teams carried the Tyrone self belief

Must try harder...... 31 games unbeaten now. If I was you I'd focus on finding a free taker in the county. None of the Tyrone players would have kicked that free at the end that got a draw.  Won't win anything without a reliable free taker

ONeill

Maybe it didn't come across on the TV but the conditions were atrocious. It was only when you walked away from the ground you realised how bad it was. Incessant rain. That oul wet rain. Wet.

Sludden was head and shoulders the best player on the field. He was the only player really who ran at Dublin in order to take the score himself and it was needed because Tyrone had no forwards....and worryingly...may have no forwards.

re Bradley...the linesman spent about 90 seconds running alongside the two of them whatever the feck was going on. Didn't see what Bradley did.

Serious wides from Tyrone or shots dropped short. It's a big worry. Maybe conditions played a part in that. McQuillan was very inconsistent. SIlly black from McCann (who was missed) but others could have walked too. Colm was a lucky man.

It's only February and means little come the sun in the sky but Tyrone were out on their feet at the end containing them. The Dubs were only warming up.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Last 5 games Tyrone v Dublin. 2 draws dubs twice by a point and Tyrone once by a point. Fcuk all between them but a free taker. Cooper is unreal. They say that Mc quillan was always leant towards the home team. Today was no difference.

Rois

Jim Gavin could have been a bit more graceful in his interview with RTE.
"Our boys don't play that way" - well aren't Dublin just the best and purest team ever.

Of course you attack when you're five down with 15 to go and a man up playing with the wind!

rrhf

I thought both teams were putrid in the first half and Tyrone played the better football in the 2nd. Ryan Mc Menamen got some stick throughout his career compared to cooper. Done his job to perfection.

omagh_gael

Bradley's sending off was a killer. Our game plan takes a huge hit when we lose a man. Left too much space for the 14 men to cover.

Not many will take points off the Dubs this year so that should stand to us if we want to make the final. No point lamenting over the free taker issue and rash wides. You can coach a system but much harder to coach those essential ingredients. Can't see us getting Sam until we radically improve those areas.

Syferus

The only teams that hold the faintest hope of competing with Dublin come August were playing in Austin Stacks tonight. And even then it's pretty faint when you see Mayo relying on Andy Moran and Kerry looking bang average themselves.

Sludden seems to be in fine form for Tyrone anyways. But it isn't enough. In a fairer era a team like Tyrone might be contenders, but this is Dublin's time and everyone else is just living off scraps.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on February 12, 2017, 12:32:04 AM
The only teams that hold the faintest hope of competing with Dublin come August were playing in Austin Stacks tonight. And even then it's pretty faint when you see Mayo relying on Andy Moran and Kerry looking bang average themselves.

Sludden seems to be in fine form for Tyrone anyways. But it isn't enough. In a fairer era a team like Tyrone might be contenders, but this is Dublin's time and everyone else is just living off scraps.

Andy's not that bad, is he?

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on February 12, 2017, 12:38:38 AM
Quote from: Syferus on February 12, 2017, 12:32:04 AM

Andy's not that bad, is he?

Be honest Moy, did you really think Mayo would be in 2017 with Evan Regan the peripheral forward whose arse is warming the bench and Andy the buck ye need more than any other forward? It's pretty much the opposite of what you and most all Mayo supporters would have wanted.

The teams trying to chase Dublin have such obvious deficiencies that it's hard to make cases for them winning unless over confidence creeps into the professionals.

A sport in deep crisis that isn't going to be fixed by Padraig Duffy's lame attempt to paper over falling attendances with more pointless games in August.

From the Bunker

For me a lot of Dublin players found out tonight when it was put upto them. Michaek darragh(seriously poty)+Kilkenny, brilliant when the thing is going well, but very average when it's put upto them. If only other teams carried the Tyrone self belief

Yeah right!  ;D

An Watcher

I would say the last team dublin will want to play in Sept is tyrone

From the Bunker

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 12, 2017, 01:27:28 AM
Quote from: An Watcher on February 12, 2017, 01:18:17 AM

Why?

Tyrone rarely improve come the summertime like the big teams do.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on February 12, 2017, 01:30:55 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 12, 2017, 01:27:28 AM
Quote from: An Watcher on February 12, 2017, 01:18:17 AM

Why?

Tyrone rarely improve come the summertime like the big teams do.

SHHHH they won Ulster and Division two last year and Uncle Peter had them second favourite for Sam! And they lost narrowly to the perennial chokers Mayo who had a six day turn around! Impressive!  ;)

maigheo

This has to be the Bomber or syferus hacking into this account.There is nobody else that could think like this.