Ross Carrs Comments On Armagh...

Started by Bainisteoir, May 07, 2007, 02:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bainisteoir

Im only new to this so thought i would try and get something started...

QuoteArmagh for me are the great testament to that.

"They kept plugging away and trusted themselves in what they were doing and they are probably, over the last 30 years, one of the most consistent teams that have been playing gaelic football."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6630517.stm

realredhandfan

they are probably, over the last 30 years, one of the most consistent teams that have been playing gaelic football."
Well certainly since 1999 anway not 30 but eh 8 years.  How clued in is Ross.

Fishead_Sam

Most consistent team over the last 30 years, how on Earth did he come to that conclusion?

Surely 30 years means 1978 - 2007

Were where Aramagh between the late 1970's & late 1990's, thats 20 years were Roscommon & Offaly where more consisitent.

Surely Kerry is the most consistent team of the last 30 years, bar an 11 year break.
Dublin had the late '70s and early '90s & average again
Tyrone where good in the late 80's, late '90s & '00s.
Mayo has probably been the most consistent team of 96-07they where also alright in the late 80's
Down where good in the early 90's
How can we forget Meath good or descent from mid 1980's to Turn of the Century.
Cork was good in the mid 80's & early 90's made a Final again in 1999
Galway where good from late 90's to early 00's

dec

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on May 07, 2007, 02:16:39 PM
Most consistent team over the last 30 years, how on Earth did he come to that conclusion?

He didn't say "Most consistent team" he said "they are probably, over the last 30 years, one of the most consistent teams".
"Probably" and "one of" is fairly vague and meaningless.

johnpower

In yesterdays Sunday Tribune Kierann Shannon rated Amaghs 6 Ulster titles and 1 Sam as a better achievmemt than Tyrones 2 Ulsters and 2 Sam s. What do you guys think ?.

ziggysego

Quote from: johnpower on May 07, 2007, 02:27:34 PM
In yesterdays Sunday Tribune Kierann Shannon rated Amaghs 6 Ulster titles and 1 Sam as a better achievmemt than Tyrones 2 Ulsters and 2 Sam s. What do you guys think ?.

Most of Armagh would disagree with that too I'm sure.
Testing Accessibility

Bainisteoir

Can anyone put The Tribune article up?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on May 07, 2007, 02:50:51 PM

No I'd take 6 ulsters and one sam over 2 ulsters and 2 sams.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ExiledGael

Six Ulsters and one All-Ireland is mightily impressive, Tyrone's record might be slightly better but it's arguable. Armagh have always treated Ulster the way it should be, in my opinion their record is just slightly lesser than Tyrone's.
Ross is talking nonsense though BTW

shitzroy

i think his words have been misconceived here. i dont think he means armagh as a county have been consistent over 30 years. im pretty sure he means this current team as in the mcgeeney, mcgrane and mcconnville era have been the most consistant team of players of the last 30 years. i agree.

i would trade all those ulster titles for another all-ireland anyone who argues otherwise is ridiculous.

Cloc Mor

I dont think he really knows what he is saying.  He rambles in large parts of the interview.  Very strange

pintsofguinness

Quotei would trade all those ulster titles for another all-ireland anyone who argues otherwise is ridiculous.
So anyone that disagrees with you is "ridiculous". That's a great line of argument  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Bainisteoir

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 07, 2007, 02:57:18 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 07, 2007, 02:50:51 PM

No I'd take 6 ulsters and one sam over 2 ulsters and 2 sams.

I agree with POG here.. Some would argue that its been harder to win an ulster in the past few years than an all ireland.. this is evident in Armaghs case anyway... by the time they come out of their province they are Fu*ked!

shitzroy

how can you be happy with a bunch of ulster titles when we clearly failed to pick up at least one other all-ireland that we were clearly capapble of getting

realredhandfan

better a pint measure in a half pint glass than a half pint measure in a pint glass school of thought interesting.  
I take it Tyrones 2 national league titles to Armaghs one and the 95/96 ulster championships are also spun to the dustbin by this reckonming too.  
Agh Rosie there are none so blind as those who choose not to see,,,d possibly because of their own long grass.

I agree with POG here.. Some would argue that its been harder to win an ulster in the past few years than an all ireland.. this is evident in Armaghs case anyway... by the time they come out of their province they are Fu*ked! certainly one excuse for not having the quality to win national titles, a lame one.